Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"DC One Million" Question

Like This Thread!
    I see DC Comics putting out a big omnibus hardcover for the DC One Million crossover from the 90s. I've always been tempted to pick this up and actually have a few of the One Million issues when I was reading monthlies in the 90s. What is the consensus on this crossover? Is it worth picking up? Is it a good story?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    I see DC Comics putting out a big omnibus hardcover for the DC One Million crossover from the 90s. I've always been tempted to pick this up and actually have a few of the One Million issues when I was reading monthlies in the 90s. What is the consensus on this crossover? Is it worth picking up? Is it a good story?
    It's really great. Cool Grant Morrison fueled weirdness. Some of the future versions are very inventive and it's a shame we haven't seen more of them. The only issue can be that some of the action in the spinoff issues can be confusing. Everybody running around dealing with various parts of the problem. Reading it in order might help, though.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah...I wonder if the omnibus will get it all in order this time. That was something that paperback collections from before were faulted for, which is why I haven't read it yet. I confess I've been interested in this simply because I know it was referenced by All-Star Superman.

*looks up omnibus*

Hmmm. Wow. That's a lot of comics.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like they've included the whole thing, including issues that have nothing to do with the overall plot like the hilarious Hitman issue. They've also included stuff that touches on the One Million event that was made after the fact like the Booster Gold issue. Definitely seems like a collection worth getting, although at more than 1,000 pages it might be hell on your knees.

http://www.dccomics.com/graphic-nove...illion-omnibus
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.