• 1/2

1 33.33%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Having no knowledge of Spider-Man 2099 beyond his appearance in the recent video games, I have to say I really enjoyed this. It makes sense for Miguel to travel back at this particular time.

I agree Stegman's art is getting better, Spider-Man. Neither of the artists on the book are among my favourites, but I prefer Stegman to Ramos. His work is improving... I actually think it looks a little less rushed.

I am looking forward to seeing where this all goes. This book has been one of the best on the market since it was released, it's a shame so many people are unable to enjoy it because it doesn't star Peter Parker.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can Spider-Man 2099 be saved?

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #18

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: RYAN STEGMAN

• Superior Spider-Man vs. Spider-Man 2099. Who will be the most superior Spider in the Multi-verse?
    • Plus: secrets uncovered in time!

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This arc definitely has my attention - I'm really interested to see how this plays out. Especially with the preview out there for the next issue I can't help but wonder just how suppressed is Peter Parker in there. He's there somewhere and I know we're in for the long con here with Ock but I'm starting to get curious on how this will wrap up. I know it's a long ways off and however it ends its going to be very, very bad but I'm so curious. Loving seeing Spider-Man 2099 here in the mix. I may have to go pick up those old Spidey 2099 trades now just to get reacquainted with the character.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am digging this arc, I'm not usually too fond of time travel stories but this was a fun story. I don't know much of anything about Spider-Man 2099 beyond his few appearances in Spider-Man video games but there is a great level of gravitas here.

It's a shame so few people are unwilling to try the book since Otto became Spidey. It really is the best run on Spidey since the Micheline days.

I do wonder when it will all be wrapped up too Spider-Man, but to be honest, it's not something I think they should rush. I would like to see Slott finish it though, I don't think it should be handed to another writer.

Are you reading Superior Spider-Man team up too Spidey? What do you think to it?
    Last edited by Stu; 09-22-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been reading team-up, and read Avenging Spider-Man, and I'm really enjoying it. It honestly sometimes makes me wish Chris Yost was writing the main Spider-Man book, though preferably with Peter back in the suit.

While I think people who aren't reading Superior are definitely missing out on an experience and an overall good comic, I do respect and understand their reasons for not buying it. Heck, even as I'm enjoying the book, there's a small part of me that still really wants Peter back.

I was hoping for a longer fight between SpOck and 2099, though considering all the plots that had to be juggled in this issue, they may be saving that for the conclusion.

Well, thanks to SpOck, Peter has lost both his job and his social life is crumbling to pieces barring a girlfriend that's technically not his. At least the stress of having to juggle so much is starting to finally hit Octavius.

With Green Goblin posing as the Hobgoblin, I wonder if that might bring Kingsley out of hiding to protect his brand name?

It would be too much to hope for that Grady somehow discovered Doc Ock's secret through his time-traveling wouldn't it? Though considering something major is happening next issue, there's a distinct chance that he's found something that can help put the pieces together...

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do not miss this issue.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #19

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: RYAN STEGMAN

• The moment that changes world of Spider-Man-- and the Marvel Universe for years to come.
    • Which Spider-Man is responsible for such a thing? Spider-Man 2099 or the Superior Spider-Man?
    • Major developments for both Spider-Man’s cast... and for the future.

Comments?

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey
    Do not miss this issue.
    James isn't lying here. What an issue, a fine conclusion to the Spider-Man 2099 crossover and a potentially massive moment in the series as Otto fails at something which Parker had previously succeeded.

Also, a brilliant scene in which Carli realises that Otto Octavius has been funding Spider-Man's latest exploits.

The series has gone from strength to strength since it started and this issue was one of the best we've seen.

The Talon is offline Written in the Stars
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, is Miguel stuck in the present now? Seems like a nice set-up for a new ongoing comic with him as the star.

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There could potentially be 3 Spider-Men running around soon, as Miles Morales may be jumping over if Galactus does what he is rumoured to do...

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Man what a great, great issue! Dan Slott just continues to outdo himself! I'm really curious about what's going to happen to Spider-Man 2099 now that he's stuck here in the past. So that means we're up to five Spider-Men right now? Spidey 2099, Scarlet Spider, Doc Ock, Ultimate Spider-Man and that "Spider-Hero" character from Mighty Avengers? A Spider-team book would be kind of cool. It's great to also get a look at how diverse all these Spider-Man characters are. Good on Marvel for that. Anyways it looks like we could be starting to reach the next act of this Doc Ock-as-Spidey story! We hit some big marks here with Carli finding out, Ock having a massive failure, the possible return of Peter, and even Miguel stuck in the present! My favorite issue in a while no doubt!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee