0 0%
  • 1/2

1 33.33%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The next phase of The Superior Spider-Man begins here!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #14

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: HUMBERTO RAMOS

• The biggest new book of the year brings you its biggest twist yet!
    • The Superior Spider-Man takes down Shadowland.
    • All of it. To the ground.

Comments?

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another good issue. It's nice to see The Kingpin and The Hobgoblin return, and Fisk has twigged that all is not what it seems with Spidey.

It would appear that Slott is building towards something big with The Green Goblin too. Another great issue!
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Superior Spider-Man sets his sites on his next victim...

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #15

-“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 1 of 2
    - What’s it like to be a villain in the Marvel Universe...once the Superior Spider-Man sets his sights on you?
    - Find out, from Phil Urich’s point of view, in what might be the final days of the Hobgoblin.
    - Plus, what is the secret of “The Tinkerer’s Apprentice”? Who’s been helping the Terrible Tinkerer? And how is he, of all people, the reason everything in Spider-Man’s life will be changed forever?!

Comments?

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it was a good issue and nice twist to it, Peter as Spider-Man had a hard time dealing with the new Hobgoblin(Phil Urich) but now that Doc Ock is in charge Phil seems like he's sinking low where his days are number.

I like how Spock still thinks of how Peter did it even when he has an army, spider bots that are vigilante 24 hrs. a day. a big fortress yet he still can't figure out how Peter does it when he's doing both Peter and Spider-Man where you think Spock would have it alot easier yet its not the case and seems like he's taking a decision if he stays in full spider persona which in my opinion won't be a bad idea since it won't affect Peter's love ones if someone knew the truth of Spock's identity or Spock himself hurting them.

As i mention, Phil is running out of options, Kingsley wants part of Phil's profit, and his assistant already betrayed him and making it worst Spock now knows his identity but just to top it up he reveals it to the entire city and really i didn't see that coming, wonder how everyone will react since they are right with him.

I can't wait see the conclusion over this and makes you wonder if Phil will survive since i can't really see him alive since everyone knows about his double life and Kingsley might want to eliminate him so no one knows about his partnership with him and his exact location
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am still really enjoying this book. It's added another entirely different take on Spider-Man and his supporting world to it... for me, this is the best Spider-Man has been in years, maybe decades. None of it feels forced either... I genuinely get the impression this is the story that Slott wants to tell and it hasn't been mandated as part of the company wide revamp.

Straight up outing Phil Urich as The Hobgoblin was great too... I can't recall a hero ever publically doing this to result in the aid of a capture of a villain.

I dig the new costume too. Keep it coming I say!
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post

Straight up outing Phil Urich as The Hobgoblin was great too... I can't recall a hero ever publically doing this to result in the aid of a capture of a villain.

I dig the new costume too. Keep it coming I say!
    Same here, not even a villain would have done it but what makes special is that Doc Ock is both a hero/villain so for everyone "In your face!"
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is this the end of the Hobgoblin?

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #16

-“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 2 of 2
    -How has the Hobgoblin evaded the Superior Spider-Man for so long? And does that hold the key to the Superior Spider-Man’s greatest success -- or greatest failure? It’s the end of the line for Hobgoblin, and possibly an end for a big chapter in the history of Spider-Man.

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Possibly the best issue yet if not the most intense. This was a true page-turner from start to finish. One thing I like is how Slott basically turned the new Hobgoblin from a low-key villain to a lunatic with nothing to lose. He may not realize it but Spidey is responsible for Hobgoblin's actions from here on in based on what he did. That "Uncle Ben" moment was also just perfect. This book has really become one of the best books Marvel publishes these days. It's one of the few truly unpredictable comic books out there where you legitimately don't know what's going to happen next.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spider-Man 2099!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #17

ARTIST: RYAN STEGMAN

• HE’S BACK...BECAUSE YOU (LOUDLY) DEMANDED IT! THE RETURN OF SPIDEY 2099!
    • (and an Osborn you have not seen in a while)

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's great to see Spider-Man 2099 back in the comics. The artwork here was really great! Stegman is really growing as an artist. While his art can be a bit too dirty and scratchy sometimes I thought it actually worked really well here. I liked that Slott spent a lot of time establishing who Spider-Man 2099 is and his world. It helped make that twist of who Miguel's grandfather was and how it wasn't just some throwaway thing shuffled in to create some weak conflict. It's actually very well handled and a smart move by Slott. A very cool story so far. It is a bit of a change from the last few issues but it's a nice welcome change to catch our breath.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee