0 0%
  • 1/2

1 33.33%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Nice conclusion with the symbiote and alot of twist this one has which makes you wonder how that happened because of the past issues. I remember on Spider-Island that i was glad that Carlie got what she deserved for being a show off when she got spider powers but this time i do feel bad for her since she was the only one who knows Doc Ock secret (Nice going Avengers,with all your technology couldn't even notice something strange on Spider-Man but a normal police officer could? Good job) tho she doesn't seem to be fully transformed since it feels she's resisting and playing the Goblin's game or else she would have told him on the secret identity of Peter, i do believe she will return back to normal but that depends since she knows about everything about Spider-Man.

Can't wait for the next issue, like to see Green Goblin(Goblin King) against the Hobgoblin and see how Hob will try to defeat him since the Goblin is one step ahead of him especially when he now has his goblin army.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Intense issue. It looks like Spock is about to get found out by The Avengers and he, for all his arrogance, is none the wiser to it.

I especially likes Octavius' explanation/excuse that the symbiote has been controlling him for months, it just works.

While I think it is a shame that the book is ending (to capitalise on a movie that will be forgotten about in the comic book world 2 months after it been released), I am looking forward to seeing where the book goes. I just hope with The Avengers, Goblin King, Hobgoblin, Menace and Monster all involved and presumably some twists and surprises, that it's not rushed to its conclusion.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The end is near...

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #26

WRITER: DAN SLOTT
    ARTIST: PASCUAL FERRY

GOBLIN NATION PRELUDE
    • The stage is set for the biggest SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN story of them all!
    • And it starts here with a goblin fight like no other: The Green Goblin vs. The Original Hobgoblin!
    • Plus: That thing that happened at the end of #25... That thing that raised all of those questions... You don’t have to wait any longer. You’ll get your answers THIS ISSUE! Honest.

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just awesome. I love how Doc Ock just bolts out and runs from the Avengers. That makes him look even more suspicious than he already does. I'm not totally sold on the Goblin stuff yet but I'd like to see where this is going. The highlight was seeing Marcos Martin back doing some beautiful artwork. My favorite part of the issue!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man
    Just awesome. I love how Doc Ock just bolts out and runs from the Avengers. That makes him look even more suspicious than he already does. I'm not totally sold on the Goblin stuff yet but I'd like to see where this is going. The highlight was seeing Marcos Martin back doing some beautiful artwork. My favorite part of the issue!
    Very true, the Martin stuff was beautiful. I wonder if Peter will regain his full memories once he takes control of his body again, giving how the majority of them have now been deleted?

The Avengers would be fools not to suspect Spidey here, I wonder if we will get another mind rewarding sequence as we did in Superior Spider-Man Team Up a few months back?

I can't wait to see where this is all headed, what a run it has been so far.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The end starts here.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #27.NOW

ARTIST: GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

• “Goblin Nation” #1 (of 5)
    • The so-called Superior Spider-Man has failed. Under his watch, the Green Goblin took control of New York’s underworld. This is all Otto Octavius’ fault. Now it’s his responsibility to take the Goblin down.
    • Win or lose, this shall be Otto’s greatest battle. Whatever you do, don’t miss the first chapter of the biggest event in the entire Superior Spider-Man Saga!
    • The End starts here. Superior Spider-Man versus… THE GOBLIN NATION!.

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So Peter only has 31 memories left to hide in? I wonder how he is going to deal with this mega memory loss when things go back to normal after this arc. And this arc here really feels like the start of the end. I still wish Doc Ock was going to stay under the mask a little bit longer because I'm really enjoying it. I really like how the Goblin was able to figure out Ock's move and have Spider-Island decimated. A great cliffhanger.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has the Goblin already won?

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #28

• “Goblin Nation” #2 (of 5)
    • Goblins! Spiderlings! Super villains! Giant robots! It can only mean one thing: ASSAULT ON SPIDER-ISLAND!
    • If you want to see people standing around talking, read another comic. Want to see heroes having a fist fight, go somewhere else?
    • You are IN the GOBLIN NATION and this is ALL-OUT WAR!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a nice issue tho corny on some of the dialogue but still not bad. lol i like how Spock was commenting that 23 was his favorite. Seems like Jameson gonna release the Spider-Slayers against the Goblins but as MJ mentioned, why now? Good that MJ had some spare of webshooters in case of an emergency also going to the people she knows the Goblin will go after except Peter's new love interest who was tricked by Menace. Looks like Peter's struggling since the only place where Otto wouldn't find him is in his memories as Otto/Dr. Octopus which appears to influence Peter.....something tells me that when Peter returns he won't be the same.

I knew it, Carlie is indeed resisting to the goblin formula but she's losing control, lets see if Spock will indeed help her tho it's a double-edged sword where she returns, the goblin will try to get the info he needs on Spider-Man or if Otto helps her, he might killed her because she knows too much.

Overall good issue, the next one i can't wait since there are some things that need to be clear by the looks of the next cover.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two things I really liked about this issue was how awesome MJ was in and how Peter is getting his memories mixed up with Otto's. It's safe to say peter will likely be a bit different when he returns to the role of Spidey in a few months. It wasn't the best issue of the book but it wasn't bad. Slott seems to have having some troubles juggling everything but it's still readable without being a huge mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Doc Ock's world continues to fall apart.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #29

• “Goblin Nation” #3 (of 5)
    • The Spider-Slayer Squadron were supposed to be under Mayor J. Jonah Jameson’s control...
    • ...but now they’ve been drafted into The Goblin Nation!
    • Guest Starring: Spider-Man 2099!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's safe to say that JJJ likely won't be mayor for too long based on how this issue is going. It looks like this arc is going to end with Norman versus Otto and that makes total sense. Spidey's biggest enemies duking it out. I'm sure it'll give Otto that realization as to why Peter considers Norman such a big threat. This series is just plowing right straight to the finale and I'm really anxious to see how the next two issues play out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a good issue and agree with ya Spider-Man on JJJ not getting re-elected with this along with the dirty secret Otto has on him. I like how the Goblin was toying with Otto also when he pretends on getting a friend of Otto it was surprisingly how he saved his life which shows Otto on not taking the Goblin seriously would indeed kill the people who do care for his safety and not thinking of his own.

Pretty much shows that Peter will indeed act more like Doc Ock and brings on the question on what will happen to Otto if Peter returns? In a way i do feel Otto will show more respect for Peter after this, especially when he's doubting his strategies that he's asking what would Peter do where it shows it was not just the powers or mask that made Peter Parker Spider-man but the other way around.

I do like to point out something, why are they making a mystery behind the identity of the Goblin King as we see Norman's face on the Spider-Slayers? Unless that's what everyone wants to think(especially Otto) see that's Norman Osborn behind it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Learn more about the Green Goblin!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #2

WRITER: Christos Gage
    ARTIST: Javier Rodriguez

• The last temptation of Green Goblin… Phil Urich!
    • As Goblin Nation consumes New York, the Superior Spider-Man’s world is in flames!
    • Who will rise? Who will fall? NO ONE will be the same after this!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It provided some good backstory and I would almost call it required reading for those wanting a bit more perspective from the Goblin side of the whole thing. Gage has done really well in helping Slott with the story. He keeps the same voice as Slott but adds a bit more quirkiness to it. A good story but if you miss it it's really no big deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So close to the end of it all...

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #30

- "Goblin Nation" #4 (of 5)
    - Since the start of "Dying Wish," it has all been building to this.
    - One of the most important moments of the entire Superior Spider-Man Saga!
    - Once this happens, it cannot be undone!
    - DO NOT MISS THIS ISSUE!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was definitely a "do not miss" issue! Peter Parker is back in control! While the whole scene between Peter and Otto was nice, as Otto realized why Peter is truly the superior Spider-Man, it did feel a little bit rushed. I thought it would've taken more to put Otto to this point. Still it was a fine build and it was great to see Spider-Man put on his classic costume. I wonder if the Avengers will still come after him to arrest him.

I see a few theories out there that Otto Octavius is actually the Goblin King and not Norman. That would definitely be a twist. I'm really anxious to see how everything wraps up in just two weeks! I still can't believe Otto's story is ending so soon. I would've loved for it to have lasted a bit longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post

I see a few theories out there that Otto Octavius is actually the Goblin King and not Norman. That would definitely be a twist. I'm really anxious to see how everything wraps up in just two weeks! I still can't believe Otto's story is ending so soon. I would've loved for it to have lasted a bit longer.
    That would be a twist tho odd on how Otto transfer his mind into Osborn unless he had a back up plan where he fails to take on the mind of Spider-Man but one thing is for sure, Dr. Octopus will return they always do. As for the Goblin King i think there's someone else behind it which they already revealed but maybe it's just a red herring

They have mention that Superior is not over yet so who knows what surprises Slott has for us.

Anyway awesome chapter and the return of the true Spider-Man, i did like how Otto sees why Peter hasn't used all of his smart and strength which he thought he was inferior and afraid to use his full potential till he realize why he does it and respects him by telling Peter he's the superior Spider-Man, Now that Peter is back the Goblin King still thinks Spidey is Otto so Peter has the element of surprise against him.

I'm a bit nervous since when this story is over wonder what will happen to Peter because of what Otto did.
    Last edited by King_of_doom; 03-26-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I have any complaint I guess it would be that it's a bit unfair for Doc Ock to just check out the way he did. He gets a noble ending which seems unfair given what he did. He killed Peter, stole his life, unravelled and ruined so many of his friendships and relationships, and he gets to step off without even any retribution from Peter. It seems kinda unfair that he gets off so scott-free. There's no big emotional pay-off to the whole thing. Ock just realizes he screwed up really bad, needs Peter's help, and that's it. It would have been nice to get more out of that.

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This next to last issue was absolutely incredible, was so happy to see Peter Parker finally return! I've already pre-ordered 10 variants for Amazing Spider-Man 1, this is way more than I have spent on a single comic in my life but it's just great to see the one and true Spider-Man return!
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast