0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
    SigmasonicX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Didn't get #3 and #4. The former (Sirens) is supposed to be bad, while the latter (Nightmare Moon) is supposed to be OK but I wasn't interested in it.

FIENDship is Magic #5 was pretty good, outside of how odd it was that Chrysalis was responsible for all these things and even encountered Celestia multiple times yet only seemed to be recognized by Cadance in "A Canterlot Wedding", and how dumb Twilight was in the end. Chrysalis' plan would have been thwarted if Twilight levitated the book in instead of reaching into the room. I'm fine with it being revealed that Chrysalis is also long lived. Other than that, the art was as good as always, especially during Chrysalis' origin flashback showing that she was always this way, there was a nice creepy atmosphere in the present, and there were nice gags, especially Rarity's story.
    Reality is only for those who can't handle Star Trek.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just read Friends Forever #16, and it was pretty fun and cute. I was unsure about the comic having a Velma like pony, since the alternate cover first showing her made it seem like Diamond Tiara just randomly had one around, but having Diamond hire a detective for a scavenger hunt made sense and Prancy Drew was a pretty fun character. I love that this universe now has a random kid detective who Twilight is a fan of. Her scene with Pinkie was also pretty amusing. The story did a good job making Diamond and Silver mean without having it get aggravating, although I did feel it was a bit out of character for them to actually know enough about the town residents to solve the clues. I did think it was cheap how the Cutie Mark Crusaders kept accidentally getting back on track, but I suppose it's fine because they didn't win the contest in the end.

The art was generally good, besides the fact that the adult ponies are way too tall compared to the fillies. Also, <snob voice>the Sailor Scouts have clearly already appeared as adults in previous issues, so there's no way they could be fillies for this story. I demand continuity from my cameos!</snob voice>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the other hand, I wasn't that big of a fan of issue #30. It got more fun once the fighting started, but I thought it was largely dull and the way ponies picked sides felt out of character.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011