Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Alpha Flight is offline Comic Book Writer/Editorialist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Usagi Yojimbo Motion Comic Free

Like This Thread!

This motion comic is fun and heart warming. It's in black and white just like the comic and even though the art isn't spectacular, this is a must see. One of a new line of Dark Horse, motion, comics. http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/944/us...h-motion-comic
    Read my comics books free from Drive Thru Comics MistsDetectives.blogspot.com

Angilasman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The art is spectacular, but it doesn't really come across. Stan Sakai is a master cartoonist and one of the things he's great at is the visual rhythm of the story. This motion comic has no pauses to soak up what's going on, while in the original story they're fundamental in the art.

Also, I find some of the animation distracting and the voice acting wasn't very good.

Sorry to be a Negative Nelly! I love Dark Horse's creator owned stuff, and Usagi is my favorite (and they're doing Concrete next!), but I just didn't care for the execution on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think you're right Anqilasman. As a Usagi fan, I just think it's fun and I guess I wasn't comparing it to the best motion comics cause it's free. Thank you for reading!

Angilasman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ... The Concrete motion comic is up and I think it's much better in every respect: animation, direction, voice acting, even the music! I hope it gets some interested in the series (another favorite of mine), what with a new miniseries on the horizon.

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    These are okay, but they aren't really comics. They're just cartoons.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    These are okay, but they aren't really comics. They're just cartoons.
    Shawn Hopkins, the reason why they're not cartoons is because they're a promotion tool to get people into comics. Kind of like what trailers do for movies and games. Motion comics are also made due to the cost of creating a cartoon. Voice actors, animation, and distribution all cost money. I'm glad this is now a series and I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    ... The Concrete motion comic is up and I think it's much better in every respect: animation, direction, voice acting, even the music! I hope it gets some interested in the series (another favorite of mine), what with a new miniseries on the horizon.
    Wow, thanks for the update Angilasman!