Search the Site:
Follow Us:
    Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's Talk Comics! Purchases and Reviews: 04/25/12

Like This Thread!

Welcome to "Let's Talk Comics!" for 04/25/12!

Every week, in this thread, you can:

1. Discuss what you're buying this week.

2. Discuss what you've read this last week.

3. Discuss current news and rumors in the comic book industry that you've heard!

If discussing something potentially spoilerific, then use your common sense and cover the text with the spoiler code (or provide spoiler space).

Forget what's coming out this week? TFAW has weekly updated list of all new releases!

Highlights of the Week:

Star Trek #8

If you have any feedback/comments/suggestions... just contact your neighborhood friendly comic moderators!
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Daxdiv is online now Hex Girl Yo! Space Invaders Champion
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Right now I ended up buying Popeye 1, The Goon 39, Teen Titans 8, Super Crooks 2 Uncanny X-Men 11, & Secret Avengers 26. Only read Popeye and Goon so far. Popeye's pretty good, provided my only history of him are the old cartoon shorts, but everyone's seems to be in character.

As for The Goon, I really liked the satire of the comic book medium in this one. With things like reboots, reimagines, going through various different costumes as a way to boost figure sales, with how certain actions increase media awareness, Single Splash images, and all that other stuff. That and the Dark Horse logo on the top being a parody of the newest DC logo had me laughing.

Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got:

Captain America & Hawkeye #629
    Daredevil #11
    Hellraiser #7

Hellraiser is the only one I've gotten to read and it's excellent as always.
    Last edited by Villano; 04-25-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AvX: VS #1 - Probably not going to really be an essential part of the main story, but it's neat to have a book that's just nothing but fight scenes. While I'm more familiar with Magneto and Iron Man, I actually enjoyed the fight between The Thing and Namor more. Had some funny humor.

Rebel Blood #1 & #2 - Hadn't heard of this until recently, but I saw the second printing of #1 was coming out alongside #2 and decided to check it out. I had practically no idea what was going on in #1, but after a few more reads I started picking up certain details and putting things together. Then it started getting pretty good. The flashbacks make it kind of a tricky read, though. #2 was more straight-forward and had a cool sequence with the main character fighting off infected rats and a trio of zombies in a cabin. Love the art. Really looking forward to seeing how the story plays out in the third and fourth episodes.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 100-Page Spectacular - Collects the first three issues from Archie Comics that adapted the first five episodes of the '87 cartoon. I had them as a kid, but they were lost over the years, so I had to get this since I missed out on a previous trade. I wish it was in a more traditional TPB style or hardcover, but it's still a nice little collection.

And my package of back issues from Mycomicshop.com arrived this week. Robin #1, Showcase 93 #7, and Showcase 94 #10, which fills in the last remaining gaps of my complete "Batman: Knightfall" collection. Batman #484-487 and Detective Comics #654-658, which began the build-up to "Knightfall." Chapel #7, Youngblood #7, and Team Youngblood #22, which completes the "ShadowHunt" storyline for the first era of ShadowHawk. And finally, the regular version of Batman versus Predator #3 to match my copies of the first two (replacing the Prestige Format version I've had for years).

Mycomicshop.com rocks!
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comixology is having one of it's 4 day sales. I picked up Infinite Kung-Fu. 459 pages for $5.99! Can't beat that price.

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Week late but...

Avengers vs X-men VS #1
    Teen Titans #8
    Justice League Dark #8

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I were home now I would pick up The Kung Fu Panda trade #2 and Animal Man #9 and TP #1. Can't wait to get my mitts on that new Animal Man trade.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle