Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Green Hornet via Dynamite Entertainment

Like This Thread!
    The Green Hornet is another one of those 30's/40's pulp heroes that kind of paved the way for modern day heroes and is kind of a nice model for what the Batman and Robin characters would become over time. A hero who claims a city and protects it from evil while doing so with a trusty sidekick, it's really quite awesome because this modern day take is actually the original Hornet's son and Kato's daughter. It was great to see how it all came together and how they took up the mantles of Hornet and Kato and the plot involving the Black Hornet has been actually really entertaining, I would recommend this book to anyone who's looking for something fresh and non Marvel/DC, it's time to expand our minds and leave the spandex behind, The Green Hornet rocks and if you're looking for an even deeper tale starring the original Hornet, check out Matt Wagner's "Green Hornet: Year One".

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

kid rabbit is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw some covors where the son of the hornet is kissing the daughter of kato
    but I also that the new kato was gay
    so some one pleaseclear this up for me

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kid rabbit View Post
    I saw some covors where the son of the hornet is kissing the daughter of kato
    but I also that the new kato was gay
    so some one pleaseclear this up for me
    The new Kato is the original Kato's daughter, and to the best of my knowledge she's not gay. She's so dedicated to being Kato that she's never shown any interest in boys or girls or anything like that, and that cover you're talking about is just a cover, Hornet and Kato don't kiss in the comic. Sometimes Britt Ried (Hornet) will make passes as her or ask her out, but she usually declines and gets him to refocus on his work.

EDIT: Duh, I forgot about issue #10, lol, yes she expressed that she was into girls while training with Britt Reid, I totally forgot about that.
    Last edited by Manga4life; 04-21-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nick Barrucci (Dynamite president) has been hinting toward a Green Hornet/The Shadow crossover sometime in 2013, I think that would really kick a lot of tail and would make for a fun storyline.

I'm loving the core title for all that it is, but adding The Shadow to the mix via a crossover could be really, really entertaining.

Yeah, I have a....

Pacman7821 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been thinking of picking up this series. I dunno when.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman7821 View Post
    I've been thinking of picking up this series. I dunno when.
    You thinking about picking it up in single issues or in TPB? If you grab them in TPB than it would probably be a little cheaper, but reading this series in single issue form has been quite a fun experience and it just seems more natural for me as a comic book fan. I guess the old pulp fans prefer TPB though, seeing as how that's how many stories of this character were published back in the day during his initial run/creation.

Yeah, I have a....