Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Villano is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Comixology is having a one day sale on The Hulk (the Red Hulk series). I picked up #25 - 30 and 30.1 because they are written by Jeff "Agents of Atlas" Parker. I loved that series (one of my favorites of all time), so I figured that I'd give these issues a shot.

I also bought Incredible Hulk #600 (also part of the sale). I thought it was a retelling of the Red Hulk's origin, which I wanted to read about without subjecting myself to Jeff Loeb's writing. Turns out, I'm an idiot. It's not his origin and it's written by Loeb.

Honestly, I have no idea what I was looking at on Comixology when I jumped to my conclusion. I was browsing several comics while buying the Hulk issues, so I must have combined issue descriptions.

Oh well, at least I only wasted $0.99 on it.
    Last edited by Villano; 04-06-2012 at 10:29 PM.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Picked up my subscription...
    Animal Man #8 was pretty great. The new artist is growing on me, a little. It will take a while to get over the loss of Foreman. Story is pretty epic, can't wait for the Swamp Thing cross over. The cliffhanger is going to kill me though. Venom #15: He's part of the Secret Avengers now? Surewhynot. I'm pumped for the Savage Six arc. Oh and what the heck is Brock up to? This is going to get great. Super Dinosaur #9, Dat ending! There are a few different story threads happening right now and I can't wait to see how they all turn out. Love the series to bits. Mega Man #11,
    The action was great and tension is building. Can't wait for the conclusion.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

ndb
    ndb is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On wednesday I purchased (2004) New Avengers: Breakout TPB, a comic brick of Uncanny X-men (The recent reboot), and X-Sanction #3 and #4.

New Avengers: I bought tpb 2,3, and 4 at the local book and music exchange, and I was rather confused. I saw the frist one at my local comic shop for $7 and it was worth the read. I'd recommend the first 24 issues of New Avengers to any Avengers, Spider-Man, Captain America, or Iron Man fan. Quite a good read when read in order. Although the Sentry story didn't make a whole lot of sense, you'll have to research it.

Uncanny X-Men #1 to #7 (2011) Wow, I haven't read schism, but I throughly enjoyed this series. The lineup would be my favorite X-Men team so far if they had Wolverine. Namor is awesome as an X-Man. A great read, especially for the $16 I paid for them.

X-Sanction: Eh, the first two were great. This was kinda "meh". Wolverine's dialogue sounded like it came out of the 90's. Ugh.

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Invincible vol 1 - Got this on Saturday at the local comic store. Really great comic and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would considering most of the characters were ripoffs of others but done in a good way.

Sonic : Genesis enjoyed this mini when it was going and the collection was great too. I hated how they ended it on a semi cliffhanger with issue 230 as a trade is supposed to feel complete most of the time. They'll probably fix it in another rerelease though.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was a bit of a comic-riffic Easter for me. I scored some of the new Marvel Legends figures: Fantomex, Thor and "Bucky" Captain America. The things look amazing. So glad they brought the line back.

I also got the "John Constantine, Hellblazer: Original Sins" collection. I've always wanted to get into the book, but since it's, like, 300 issues in, I never knew where to start. This one has the first issues, as well as the Swamp Thing tie-ins, so it looked like the best place to start. Really curious to read it and see what all the fuss is about.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comics bought this week:

Ultimate Spider-Man: Still enjoying this title, though guessing Miles will need to step up his game (as the cop noted, he's too inexperienced)... which I'm sure will come soon enough.

Amazing Spider-Man #683: Avengers versus the Sinister Six. Fun fight (even if I don't know why the Red Hulk(?) is now an Avenger... or sure if I should care, preferring the original green version).

Static Shock #8: Final issue, but not read it yet.

Action Comics #8: Glad to see the Brainiac story close, though dunno about the next storyline re: Nimrod. Liked Morrison's usual spate of old-time Superman lore references, though suspect a few will get fans agitated (the fans who grew up under the post-Crisis/Byrne Superman anyway)...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12