Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Yoshi Mage View Post
    The Killing Joke isn't part of the sale. I got Mad Love, The Man Who Laughs, and the first fifteen issues of Grant Morrison's Batman and Robin. Spent a little more than I should've, and I really need to stop making these impulse purchases on digital comics, books, and games, but it's really hard to pass this stuff up. Hopefully, I'll be worrying about it less in two weeks when I get paid.

Anyway, recently I also picked up the fourth and fifth, Walking Dead collections and the first issue of a new Star Wars comic, Dawn of the Jedi. The Walking Dead really gets more messed up than I thought, and Dawn was really cool for a hardcore Star Wars fan like me.
    I got a ton of stuff from the Joker sale too. All the stuff you got, except for Batman and Robin since I already have those, and other stuff like all the "Under the Hood", "A Death in the Family", "Going Sane", Joker: Last Laugh, a "No Man's Land" issue of Detective, "Emperor Joker", the stuff Paul Dini wrote with Zatanna in Detective, "The Laughing Fish" some Gotham Central​ issues, and "The Clown at Midnight". Can't wait to read all this stuff.

Chaos Yoshi Mage is offline The Lonely Raven
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some of those Detective Comics issues had Zatanna stories written by Paul Dini? Dang it! I need to be more up on my comics...
    Hey everypony! Check out new episodes of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting September 17th on The Hub! You'll be 20% more awesome!

Trying to get back into Pokemon, PM if you want to battle in Black/White!

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I visited one of my LCS this weekend and noticed they had AVX #1 for sale and quickly snatched up a copy. It is not supposed to be released until tomorrow night but it seems like this retailer didn't know. Brief spoiler-free thoughts - A basic set-up with nice art and good writing but nothing too special. It is essentially what you expect it to be. I actually went to my LCS to pick up the recent hardcover release of The Punisher by Greg Rucka and I'm really glad I did. The art was great and the writing was superb. Such a great approach to Punisher. Although I thought Punisher was just recently this Frankenstein type creature in the Marvel Universe. How did they undo that?

I also managed to pick up the first three trades for Locke & Key and Daredevil Vol. 1 by Mark Waid. A great visit to the comic shop!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This week's purchases:

Life With Archie #18
    : If you've been following this title up until this point, you *definitely* want this issue. :-p (Yes, SPOILERS on my more full-fledged review link)

Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #24: I'll miss this title. At least they incorporated Chat into the mainstream Marvel Universe, though she's apparently got not much of a connection with Peter/Spidey...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went to my local comic store yesterday and they were having a backlog sale so I managed to get all 26 copies of Gotham City Sirens for a dollar each and I have to say it was a wise purchase, it was a really fun series that I wish hadn't gotten cancelled because of the reboot.

I also got 890-899 of Action Comics (already have 900 and they were sold out of it anyways) it was a really great arc and I liked the tie in it had to Sandman which is one of my favorite comic series of all time.

I plan on going there later in the week to see if I can find any other series I'm interested in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12