0 0%
  • 1/2

3 42.86%
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The event that will shake the Marvel Universe is here! The epic story kicks off with a special prelude issue!

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN #0

Writers: Brian Michael Bendis & Jason Aaron
    Artist: Frank Cho

• The Return Of The Scarlet Witch! What Does This Mean For The Mutant Messiah Hope?
    • Three Of The Hottest Names In Comics Kick Off The Biggest Event In Marvel History!
    • And Did We Mention Frank Cho On Art?!

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A fine prologue but nothing special. It didn't really set up anything new though it seems to be just re-establishing or getting some of the characters firmly in place. It looks like Wolverine will be on the side of the Avengers, ditto with Beast. The art was gorgeous however. I'm still somewhat cynical about this whole event but I do really want it to be a great series from Marvel. The sales of 250,000 for the first issue are just what Marvel needs to helps their current bad sales but if this series isn't good those numbers will drop fast!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I only learned of this mini-series recently and am interested in it, but was wondering if it would make sense to a newcomer? I understand it's the culmination of a couple recent storylines, which I haven't read as I've been out of the Marvel loop for awhile. But I visited my LCS recently to look for some things and saw they are having a Launch Party on April 3 where you can buy #1 a day early, so I was considering going and checking it out. Would picking up the just-released #0 help get me up to speed on the basics?
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    I only learned of this mini-series recently and am interested in it, but was wondering if it would make sense to a newcomer? Would picking up the just-released #0 help get me up to speed on the basics?
    Picking up issue #0 should get you completely caught up on everything. The issue tells two stories - one about Scarlet Witch getting back into the superhero game and the other about Hope and how she fits in with the X-Men. A lot doesn't really happen here but it does set up things nicely even for those who haven't read Avengers or X-Men books for awhile. There will be a few things that you will likely be confusing (like Wolverine and Spidey now being Avengers for one) but the basics are there.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's here! The epic story hits!

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN #1

Writers: Brian Michael Bendis
    Artist: John Romita Jr.

• It’s No Longer Coming—It’s Here!
    • Does The Return Of The Phoenix To Earth Signal The Rebirth Of The Mutant Species? That’s What The X-Men Believe!
    • Unfortunately, The Avengers Are Convinced That Its Coming Will Mean The End Of All Life On Earth!
    • The Stage Is Set For The Ultimate Marvel Showdown In This Oversized First Issue!

Comments?

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Went to a launch party last night. Picked up the main cover and the Avengers Team variant. Like I mentioned above, I've been out of the Marvel loop for awhile, but I enjoyed this first issue. But I'd like to know, what exactly happened prior that resulted in the mutant species becoming almost extinct? And when did Magneto start hanging out at X-Men HQ? LOL!
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    But I'd like to know, what exactly happened prior that resulted in the mutant species becoming almost extinct? And when did Magneto start hanging out at X-Men HQ? LOL!
    The loss of Mutants came from "House of M," where Scarlet Witch used her powers to get rid of 90% of Mutants at the end. Hope's the only mutant that's been born since, hence the name. I'd recommend reading it. Not because it has much to do with AvsX (it doesn't, at least not yet) but just because it's a really good read.

Magneto joining the X-Men was a recent thing, like withing the last couple of years. I'm not sure the reasonings for it (outside of X-Factor and X-Force, I don't read the X-Books), but he's on the team now.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    anyone else here think mainstream media will spoil "shocking" events in this story like they did with civil war (spider-man's unmasking, captain america's death), before the issue is even released? they'll spoil something. i think the "death" (in this regard, i hope REAL ACTUAL NEVER COMING BACK TO LIFE DEATH) of iron man in this series/event would get the media's attention.

is "i (or we) got this." becoming a new comic book character catch phrase? i must have read that over and over again with different characters saying it in different comic books this year.

i also would like to know why we only see a silhouette of the president. obama is the president of the marvel universe. marvel had no problem using him in that spider-man comic, so how come obama is covered up by a shadow? it's now quite obvious that the obama spider-man comic was just a quick cash in (obviously regardless).
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    anyone else here think mainstream media will spoil "shocking" events in this story like they did with civil war (spider-man's unmasking, captain america's death), before the issue is even released? they'll spoil something. i think the "death" (in this regard, i hope REAL ACTUAL NEVER COMING BACK TO LIFE DEATH) of iron man in this series/event would get the media's attention.

is "i (or we) got this." becoming a new comic book character catch phrase? i must have read that over and over again with different characters saying it in different comic books this year.

i also would like to know why we only see a silhouette of the president. obama is the president of the marvel universe. marvel had no problem using him in that spider-man comic, so how come obama is covered up by a shadow? it's now quite obvious that the obama spider-man comic was just a quick cash in (obviously regardless).
    Marvel has always been super-inconsistent with using the real president. In Thunderbolts, for example, they got to the trouble of changing to a new president who was black in the middle of a storyline, but I don't remember them coming out and saying "Obama." The Punisher threatened a president who was clearly Bush once, too, but they didn't say "Bush." But I also remember one of my first comics being a Captain America where Ronald Reagan turns into a snake man.

http://www.armagideon-time.com/?p=473
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Comics in general have been iffy on using the current U.S. president in stories, for a number of reasons. That's why they've often gone, what Lisa Simpson would say, the "They didn't say their name, but you could tell it was them" route.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast