James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    It's here! The epic story rages on!

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN #2

Writers: Jason Aaron
    Artist: John Romita Jr.

• As The Opening Shot Is Fired, The Avengers Storm The Beach Of Utopia, And The Phoenix Draws
    Ever Nearer To Earth!
    • But Which Side Will Wolverine Fight On?
    • And What Choice Will Hope Make That Will Change The Direction And Scope Of The Conflict Dramatically?

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am a little bit confused here. Everyone is surprised to see Hope manifesting the Phoenix, but she did so at the end of a previous X-Men crossover. Also how can she manifest the Phoenix if the Phoenix is in space? Does this line up with previous Phoenix appearances? I only really know the original and when it came back during the New X-Men series. Other than that I thought it was a good story. Pretty much delivering what it promised with the fights but the art is real nice and the writing was pretty good. Still they are making Cyclops look really bad here. I wonder if this series really will lead to a universe reboot.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read all the issues that have come out so far now and I have to say that they are epic! They really spent a lot of the time setting up the conflict in these three issues that have come out (Including 0 in that numbering btw).

One thing that bothers me is that, Cyclopes seems kind of whiny "None of you understand how it to be apart of a dying race!" instead of reasonable so I'm siding with the Avengers reasoning on things in the event as the Phoenix could destroy the entire Earth given the chance so it makes sense to try to make sure Hope stays as far away from it as possible until it passes instead of embracing it's power. Then again the Wolverine and the X-Men tie in showed that it can destroy whole worlds anyways without it's host so Cyclopes wanting to train her to control it makes sense also.

Another small complaint is that Spidey seems to be only there for comic relief so far instead of being the competent fighter he usually is. We do get some good lines out of it though "Avengers vs X-Men. This is really happening. Wow"

The event is way better so far than I thought it would and I can't wait to read the next issue. So bring it on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Get a closer look at the epic battles!

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN: AVX #1

Cover By Adam Kubert
    Variant Cover By Stuart Immonen

• The Premier Tie-In To Avengers Vs. X-Men!
    • All-Out Action Featuring Cover To Cover Battles, Each Issue Expanding On Fights From The Main Avx Book
In Ways You Can’t Imagine!
    • This Issue: Iron Man Vs. Magneto And Thing Vs. Namor!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gave the Versus comic a try and it was exactly what was promised - more fights. I kind of like this idea because maybe that means the main series will actually focus on the story itself and less on the fights. We'll still see the two sides go at it I'm sure but having this series allows the main book to focus on the story itself which I have to say is really starting to catch my interest. Plus this issue was okay. Not worth the $4 but a fun diversion with some really great artwork. You have to give Marvel props for the artists they put together for these books.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was fun. Likely not really necessary in order to enjoy the main story, but a fun time filler. The Thing/Namor fight had a good sense of humor, too. I like that right on the first page Marvel basically says, "You want plot? Not here. Just fighting, fighting, fighting." Haha!! I really can't wait to see Captain America vs. Gambit in #2.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Family Guy, Gotham, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Stalker, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopes come to the forefront of the conflict!

AVENGERS VERSUS X-MEN #3

Writers: Ed Brubaker
    Artist: John Romita Jr.

• The Avengers and the X-Men scour the Earth searching for the host of the Phoenix!
    • Hope takes matters into her own hands!
    • And Captain America and Wolverine come to bitter blows!

Comments?

BigEclipse is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not really liking the direction this series is going. Since when is Cap a jerk? Almost all the characters are, for lack of a better term, out of character. I sure hope it gets better.

ndb
    ndb is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEclipse View Post
    I'm not really liking the direction this series is going. Since when is Cap a jerk? Almost all the characters are, for lack of a better term, out of character. I sure hope it gets better.
    Yep, Cap doesn't throw people out of aircraft, nor does he employ blind side tactics. I liked the event at first, but the characters aren't being themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alex Alonso talks a bit about the outcome of AVX:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/axel...-vs-x-men.html

Alonso: We have some moves planned. The Marvel Universe is changed by AvX. It is not a reboot or a retcon. It is the Marvel Universe that you grew up in. But this story in many ways sort of serves as an endcap to a decade's worth of stories that we've been telling, and I think it begins a great first chapter for the next decade's worth of stories we're going to tell.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast