Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marvel Comics Solicitations - June 2012

Like This Thread!

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Getting
    -Avengers #27: I know the guy is a legend, but the cover work Simonson has done for Avengers hasn't really done it for me. Hopefully his interiors will be better.
    -New Avengers #27: I guess they missed the memo that it's Avengers v. X-Men, not Avengers v. Avengers.
    -Ultimate Comics X-Men #13: I'll really miss Nick Spencer. I liked where he took the title. But I've heard good things about Brian Wood, so I have hope.
    -Avenging Spider-Man #8: Wait, when did this cross over with the other Spidey books? Grr..
    -Captain America #13
    -Winter Soldier #6: Brubaker an Lark back together? Hell. Yes.
    -Winter Soldier #7
    -Daredevil #14
    -Punisher #12
    -Uncanny X-Force #26
    -X-Factor #237 & 238

-Deadpool #56
    -Ultimate Comics Spider-Man by Brian Michael Bendis vol. 2 Premiere HC

May Get/Not Getting But Worth Note
    -AvX: Vs. #3 (of 6): As with AvX, the preview stuff is looking better, but still unsure until it comes out. Juggerlossus is still idiotic, though.
    -Avengers v. X-Men #5 (of 12): That amazing Cheung cover sadly makes me hate that horrid Romita Jr. preview art even more.
    -Avengers v. X-Men #6 (of 12)
    -Dark Avengers #175 & 176:
    I dropped Thunderbolts a little while ago, and the new direction isn't getting me back. The recent Dark Avengers arc in New Avengers was decent, but the line-up was really reaching for it then. A series of them? No.
    -Spider-Men #1 & 2 (of 5): If it's Ultimate-related, I'll get it in trade, like I've always done with Ultimate Spider-Man. If not, I'm not interested.
    -Hit-Girl #1 (of 5): Since it's not Kick-Ass proper, I may trade wait just to avoid the insane delays Kick-Ass has.
    -Ant-Man: Season One Premiere HC: I like the idea of Season One, but was anyone really clamoring for an Ant-Man one?
    -X-Man: The Man Who Fell To Earth TPB: I like the series when it first came out, but something tells me it doesn't hold up well. I am tempted.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    AVENGERS VS X-MEN #5-6
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #687-688
    AMAZING SPIDER -MAN: THE MOVIE #1 & 2
    CAPTAIN AMERICA #13
    WINTER SOLDIER #6-7
    THE PUNISHER #12
    FURY MAX #3
    SECRET SERVICE #3
    HIT-GIRL #1

looks like i drop wolverine and the x-men before i officially get caught up on it. i read the first 2 issues, and i only feel indifference and simply just dont care what happens. i have no idea what it would take marvel to get me to read an x-men book (a big name would help, but my x-men "problem" goes way beyond that). unfortunately fury max is a limited series, i havent read ennis' previous fury series (which is supposedly bad), but i think this is his redemption if the previous series was indeed bad.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Will get:
    Amazing Spider-Man #687, 688
    Ultimate Spider-Man #11

Might get:
    Marvel Universe Ultimate Spider-Man #3

Still think it's a bit confusingly named for those two Ultimate Spidey-titles... maybe rename it "Miles Morales, the <adjective> Spider-Man" or something? (Yeah, it'd break with the "Ultimate universe" naming scheme...)
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthonynotes View Post
    Still think it's a bit confusingly named for those two Ultimate Spidey-titles... maybe rename it "Miles Morales, the <adjective> Spider-Man" or something? (Yeah, it'd break with the "Ultimate universe" naming scheme...)
    It seems slightly backward to rename the series that inspired the show just so the comic tie-in doesn't have the same name. Even if the Miles volume is new, the Ultimate Spider-Man brand has been around for almost 12 years. It would just make more sense to re-name the comic the show is based around. Like "Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures" or "Tales of the Ultimate Spider-Man."
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Kazama View Post
    It seems slightly backward to rename the series that inspired the show just so the comic tie-in doesn't have the same name. Even if the Miles volume is new, the Ultimate Spider-Man brand has been around for almost 12 years. It would just make more sense to re-name the comic the show is based around. Like "Ultimate Spider-Man Adventures" or "Tales of the Ultimate Spider-Man."
    Yes, that'd work too...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1
    unfortunately fury max is a limited series, i havent read ennis' previous fury series (which is supposedly bad), but i think this is his redemption if the previous series was indeed bad.
    The last Ennis "Fury" series was awesome, and if you enjoyed Ennis' Punisher, you should enjoy this.

I will be reading:

Amazing Spider-Man #687 & 688
    Avengers #27
    Avengers Academy #31 & 32
    Avengers Assemble #4
    Avengers vs. X-Men #5:
    I bet that this mini-series gets better AFTER the Phoenix takes a host (that'll be where the plot twist kicks in, I bet).
    AvX #3
    Captain America #13
    Daredevil #14:
    Honey, I shrunk the Daredevil!
    Dark Avengers #175 & 176: So wait, Dark Avengers is replacing Thunderbolts?!?
    Fury MAX #3
    Hulk #53 & 54
    Incredible Hulk #9 & 10
    Journey Into Mystery #639 & 640:
    Double issues for everything this month!!
    New Avengers #27
    Punisher: Official Index to the Marvel Universe TPB:
    My last Index work appears here, in some of the bonus material available only in this TPB. Farewell, Index.
    Scarlet Spider #6
    Secret Avengers #28
    The Punisher #12
    Venom #19
    Wolverine #308
    Wolverine and the X-Men #12

and whatever else strikes my fancy...

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    Punisher: Official Index to the Marvel Universe TPB: My last Index work appears here, in some of the bonus material available only in this TPB. Farewell, Index.
    does the punisher marvel universe index also mention which punisher comics have "hilarious" moments? i think new comers to the punisher would love to know what issues we see frank going grocery shopping and frank running wolverine over with a steam roller. those were the days. i wish we'd get some new "comedy" punisher stories/moments these days.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1
    does the punisher marvel universe index also mention which punisher comics have "hilarious" moments? i think new comers to the punisher would love to know what issues we see frank going grocery shopping and frank running wolverine over with a steam roller. those were the days. i wish we'd get some new "comedy" punisher stories/moments these days.
    The "Frank running Wolverine over with a steam roller" issue is definitely in there. Each issue in the book has a synopsis of what occured in that issue, and there's also a 'Notes" section which often mentions obscure facts about the issue in question. It was really a fun project to work on, and I'm sad it ended.

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

FTPC is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am getting punisher 12 and any guess starts that frank might be in