• 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Simpler Simon View Post
    My only concern is I hope we won't see a repeat of what happened between Rozum and McDaniel on Static Shock, where Rozum essentially became a transcriber. Not sure how well the Jenkins/Finch relationship worked out behind-the-scenes, but judging by Jenkins' work on Deadman, he had a bit more depth thjan his work on TDK would suggest.
    I don't think we have to worry about that, since Finch is stepping down as co-plotter on #8 or something. So I'm guessing Hurwitz is gonna have free reign.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The man who broke the Bat ... has returned!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #6

Written by DAVID FINCH and PAUL JENKINS
    Art by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

Batman’s darkest fears resurface in this stunning conclusion to the opening epic as the Dark Knight confronts the mastermind behind the toxin being injected into Gotham City’s criminals. But the conspiracy behind the toxin runs deeper than he could possibly have imagined. Time is running out – and the entire structure of Gotham City’s society is at risk, unless Batman can find a path to overcome the man who once broke his back: Bane!

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They made Bane a dead ringer for the Arkham City version. I'm also glad they kept Bane breaking Batman's back intact. I wonder what will be changed there. While it does mess up Batman's 10 or so years of crime-fighting so far as it seems like so much has happened it should stay there.

This issue was an improvement over the last few and I will likely stick around when the new writer joins. Judd Winick looks to be doing a fill-in issue or two as well so that's nice. This was a fine issue. It's really going for the brainless action-adventure vibe and it does succeed there. The book does fall apart if you really start to pick it apart and the dialogue can be laughable at times. Still the art is flash and nice. I really like Finch's version of Superman. All in all an improvement but the book still trails behind all of the others. Looking forward to the writer shake-up in a few months.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

rggkjg1 is online now Cavill = Welling?
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so now knightfall is part of the "new" 52 continuity? forget it. as far as i'm concerned, ALL post crisis on infinite earths batman stories/continuity is still intact in the "new" 52 batman.
    Drop everything you are doing and google "michael keaton birdman". They are making a BIRDMAN movie starring MICHAEL KEATON. (supposedly not related to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman)

BIRDMAN
    OCTOBER 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Bane faces off against Batman as the first story-arc concludes!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #7

You’ve never seen Bane versus Batman like this before! Since the start of this best-selling series, Bane has been dragging The Dark Knight through a twisted terrain of horror and fear – but two can play that game! Don’t miss this shocking issue as Batman pushes himself further than ever to fight against his deepest demons. And what happens to The Flash and Poison Ivy? Pick up Batman: The Dark Knight #7 to find out!

Comments?

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Impulse buy but I really enjoyed it. This series has gotten better since the first few issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A special one-shot issue before next month's "Night of the Owls" tie-in!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #8

A series of disturbing events captivates Gotham City as citizens turn on each other all across town. But when toxicology reports turn up negative, it’s left to Batman to determine the source of the problem, bringing him into an encounter with Tweedledum and Tweedledee at an entrance to the mysterious “Wonderland.” With Jim Gordon occupied on a tragic, high-profile case, and madness beginning to take root across the city, can Batman find the source of it all before it’s too late?

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a fill-in issue with Ed Benes on the art so I opted to pick it up. I'm still on the verge of dropping this book but that will depend on how the new author does. I am really excited about next month's Night of Owls and I'm interested to see how that plays out. But right now this is still the worst Batman main title and I really hope it improves. What if they maybe switched this over into a book for mature readers? Explore things that the other T-rated books can't?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad Jim posted the original solicitation above, as it really shows this issue changed drastically since its inception - and I'm very curious as to why.

Where did Paul Jenkins go? At one point he was slated to take over writing duties with this issue, then Hurwitz was announced, then Winick for the Night of the Owls crossover. Now his name is off the book but Joe Harris is credited as 'Words'. Did Jenkins fill in the basic story but had his name removed for reasons unknown? There's no White Rabbit, Jim Gordon is not working a high-profile case, and 'Wonderland' is at best a metaphor that is barely touched on.

If the end product was good it'd be one thing, but it's still tepid. Maybe better than the randomness of issues 1-7, but still leagues below what Snyder and Tomasi are doing. The villains are played as 2-dimensional cutouts and Ed Benes' art declines in quality as the issue progresses - by the end there's hardly any background detail during the fight on the rooftops.

Hopefully this is the worst for the series and everything will get better from this point on.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    See things from the point of view of a Talon in this special "Night of the Owls" tie-in!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #9

Written by JUDD WINICK
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND

• “NIGHT OF THE OWLS” continues here!
    • Guest-writer JUDD WINICK joins artist DAVID FINCH for the return of RED ROBIN!
    • Red Robin is back in Gotham City just in time to face off against TALON and THE COURT OF OWLS!

Comments?

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I picked up Batman: The Dark Knight #9 this week. Great week of comics for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A new writer comes under the Batman: The Dark Knight banner!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #10

Written by GREGG HURWITZ

• Welcome new series writer GREGG HURWITZ!
    • Kicking off a major story pitting BATMAN against the most deadly version of the SCARECROW he’s ever seen!
    • This isn’t about fear…it’s about TERROR!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't say I liked how the Bruce/Damian relationship was handled in this issue,, but there's a nice tender moment with Batman and a little kid that reminds of that great moment between Batman and Ace from JLU. A definite step-up from the previous issues. Still the weakest book but an improvement. I bet the new writer will get a handle on things fast and turns it around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The new story-arc continues!

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #11

Written by GREGG HURWITZ

• SCARECROW makes a bold move against BATMAN, using COMMISSIONER GORDON as bait!
    • The terrifying pasts of both SCARECROW and BATMAN come back to haunt them.

Comments?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2