0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    A new foe comes to light as "The Men of Tomorrow" continues!

SUPERMAN #34

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and wraparound cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON

Introducing the bizarre villain known as The Machinist- the man behind the recent technological attacks on Metropolis. But what is his strange connection to Superman? Where is he from? And what does The Machinist want with The Daily Planet? Plus, the mystery behind the disaster at the Ulysses Research Lab sends Clark on an investigation that will reveal a dark secret from his past.

Comments? Discuss this comic!

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just ebayed the Romita Sr cover. Lol. I love how for the themed (gimmick would be more appropriate) variants I have no interest in (bombshell, Batman 75, selfie, etc) I can buy at the cover price, yet variants I actually want to buy (Batman '66 and this cover), I have to pay MORE.

Since the release of Man Of Steel, has anyone else noticed an increase of Superman stories/plots/situations/scenarios/etc that reflect/address the issue of killing/not killing?
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

NOW PLAYING. OFFICIAL TOONZONE TALKBACK

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I actually expected the killing/no killing issue to be a point of friction between Superman and Ulysses since the last issue where Ulysses fought those soldiers, but I guess you have a point about how it could be related to the Man of Steel controversy .

I wonder if the Machinist is actually a new villain or if he's really the cloaked man who keeps appearing and knows who Superman is Clark Kent?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not everything is what it seems...

SUPERMAN #35

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

The hit SUPERMAN run by Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. continues with “THE MEN OF TOMORROW” Chapter four! Superman and Ulysses are still dealing with the traumatic revelations of last issue, but the hunt for The Machinist must continue before his would-be-victims fall into his hands. But what happens when the two heroes learn the truth behind The Machinist and the cost to stopping his mad plan?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was a bit if a disappointing resolution to last issue's cliffhanger. The guy was already dead but Ulysses would have killed him if he wasn't already. Well I guess it still does bring up the whole morality part of it without having him directly kill someone. And I can really see where people are getting the Supernan IV feelings from. The story seems to have stalled a little but the artwork is still amazing. I'm really getting used to how Romita does Superman and I cannot wait for his take on Batman in a few months. I remember his version of Batman from that Punisher/Batman one-shot years ago and I can't wait to see it again.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Who is going to save the earth?

SUPERMAN #36

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. continue their stunning work on Superman with "THE MEN OF TOMORROW - Chapter Five!" Superman and Ulysses are an unstoppable team, thwarting the plot of one super-villain after another, but when Ulysses sees a larger menace threatening Earth why does the Man of Steel refuse to help him? Plus, Superman is about to undergo a metamorphosis...but what is it?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So it looks like Ulysses and his plan is not exactly what he was telling everyone. Not too surprised there. It actually feels a bit similar to what just happened over in Superman Unchained. With two issues left there is still plenty of different ways for this to play out but I am hoping that Johns just doesn't make this into another story where Ulysses turns out to be some reverse-Superman type villain.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What price will Superman pay?

SUPERMAN #37

Written by GEOFF JOHNS

Can there be peace and good will toward people without a price? Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr. serve up some holiday shocks as they answer this question and more in this the penultimate chapter of “Men of Tomorrow”! And be warned – some significant changes are in store for the Man of Steel to ring in the New Year!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567