Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Gold Starz is offline "Evil Resides In Crystal Cove"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by VictoryStar View Post
    So the Joker is reappearing in Batman starting in Issue #13
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07...n-of-the-joker

I'm really excited to see how Scott Snyder takes on the character but I hope he doesn't for the creepy for the sake of being creepy version that he had in his Detective Comics run and instead goes for a more BTAS version of the character. More Snyder Batman is good either way though.
    Except BTAS Joker is pretty different from the real Joker, for one thing, the BTAS Joker is afraid of dying, the real Joker is crazy enough to not really care. Joker is a pretty creepy, insane character, not like his (admittedly also pretty cool) animated counterpart.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The finale to "The Court of Owls!"

BATMAN #11

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION

• The stunning conclusion to “THE COURT OF OWLS” epic!
    • All is revealed in “THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF WAYNE.”

Comments?

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, whether Thomas Jr.'s claims are true or not will remain to be seen, but in any case the ambiguity is welcome for the moment. In any case, I'm curious as to why no friend of the Wayne family mentioned Martha's pregnancy to Bruce in later years.

If Owlman is to come back, I'd much prefer for Snyder to be the one to write his return until we can trust another to work with the character (no Loeb, back off). I quite like his villain motif being the ghost of Gotham's ugly past. In short, Court Of Owls was a highly entertaining read, despite being two issues too long and that poor annual tie-in with Freeze. I'm rather tired of owls for the moment (skipping Talon) and I hope Death Of The Family isn't too big an event either. Don't forget the done-in-ones, Snyder!

As for the backup, it's been a rough day for upsetting deaths with this, Walking Dead and UXF. Best to start reading something fun now.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was an awesome ending to the Court of Owls arc! Batman finally took down the bag guys and a lot of cool mysteries and questions got brought up. I'm hoping we'll see the return of the owls Bruce has underground in his lab by the end of Snyder's run because I could see that coming together with something else to make a grand finale. I'm really happy to see that the Owls plot ended with such a satisfying conclusion and I can't wait to see more of it as times goes on. I can't wait for the one shot next month too! It's going to be great~
    Lupin the Third!

Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've really only read the last 2 issues but I felt pretty good and didn't get lost despite there being 9 issues of backstory. I see the first 7 issues are collected, I guess it would be wise to pick it up?

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, what a finale!

The fact that we still don't know if The Talon/March was indeed Bruce's brother is kind of cool, it opens the doors up to be revisited someday down the road, and the way it ended with Bruce talking about what Gotham is was a nice throwback to the first issue. But man, I loved this whole Court of Owl's story and I'm kind of sad that it's over for now, at least we got a cool fight between The Talon and Batman, the way it went down was done so nicely and I want to commend Snyder on crafting such an engaging story. I also loved the interaction between Bruce and Dick at the end of the issue, it was done so well and it truly showed that Bruce does indeed care for Dick and is appreciative of everything he's done for him.

I can't wait to see the return of The Joker in a couple of months, I'm sure Snyder won't disappoint there as well!

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if Joseph and Maria Powers are ancestors of Derek Powers. If they are, that would be a cool connection to Batman Beyond.

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Closing off the first year of stories for Batman, but also setting up the second ...

BATMAN #12

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by BECKY CLOONAN

• It’s the epilogue to “The Court of Owls”!
    • The next major storyline begins here!

Comments?

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    More a side-story during the first 3 chapters than an epilogue or setup, if you ask me.

It's a decent issue (a spotlight on Harper Row's background but light on Bat-appearnces, Andy Clarke's art in the last few pages being the highlight. Simple forgettable filler until Death Of The Family starts in two months.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Issue #8 was a total "filler" issue that really doesn't affect the overall story here and to be honest.....I wasn't really feeling it. Usually I can stomach a "break" issue where the switches gears to something that really doesn't have anything to do with anything but this issue was just plain ol' boring and the art was horrendous, hopefully Batman #0 will be an awesome old school/origin tale and we will find out more about Batman's beginning in the New 52/DCnU.

Overall I'm very disappointed in this issue, but I can see why they did this to relax a bit for the huge #0 issue.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!