0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Who caught the tiny reference to The Joker in this issue? The leader of the Red Hood gang made a reference that had to be about the Joker. Overall this was a great issue. I wasn't a big fan about the whole hologram thing being used in conjunction with the "I will become a bat" scene but it was still mighty effective. The stuff with the Riddler was also very excellent. The artwork was just gorgeous as well. This is such a great book, and one of the few DC titles I'm still reading on my quickly dwindling DC Comics pull list. Perfect writing and fantastic art - another great instalment.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A special extra-sized installment!

BATMAN #24

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and DANNY MIKI

"Zero Year" Part Four! In this amazing, double-sized issue, Batman is on the trail of the Red Hood Gang and their mysterious leader, secret origins are revealed, and a major surprise will change the course of Zero Year and Batman’s life!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My only real complaint is the cover price. $7. That is way too much. I get that this was a double-sized issue but still that price is too high and DC should really reconsider that price point in the future. If the storyline wasn't so good I would've skipped this comic.

The comic itself was really fantastic. A great first outing for Batman and it looks like the leader of the Red Hood was probably the Joker but I like how it's left open to interpretation. The leader of the Red Hood definitely knows who Batman is and I like how that kind of plays with that scene from "A Death in the Family" when Bruce confronted Joker in his jail cell during a flashback. A really great Batman comic book and the comic to read if you can only choose one Bat-title.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Throughly enjoyable issue. I especially liked the nod to Detective Comics #27 splash page. They even kept Kane's purple gloves. I actually like the retro suit more than the new 52 costume.

I did wonder if Red Hood 1 will actually become The Joker or not, but as Spider-Man said, it is open to interpretation.

As a irrelevant side note, Alfred is from York, where I was born. Cool beans.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

darkdetective is offline Reporter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    As a irrelevant side note, Alfred is from York, where I was born. Cool beans.
    Wait, he's not English anymore!?!
    My superhero webcomic, updated weekly. www.sparkthecomic.com!
    Check out the animated trailer here!

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective View Post
    The York being referenced is in England. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/York
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdetective
    Yes he is, he is from York, not New York. His dialogue is not very Yorkshire however, but still... Pretty cool all the same.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gotham plunges into darkness!

BATMAN #25

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Batman: Zero Year reaches a new level as The Riddler sends Gotham City into total darkness! “Dark City” begins in this issue that features an embossed cover. And the Zero Year blackout spreads into other titles this month, affecting heroes across the DC Universe!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is that supposed to be Jason Woodrue, that big skeletal guy turning people into these twisted bone trees? The cameo by Pamela Isley seems to lend to that. Otherwise this is another really great issue of Batman. This flashback storlyine has been really enjoyable so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can Batman bring Gotham out of the darkness?

BATMAN #26

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Zero Year continues! With Gotham City thrown into total chaos by The Riddler, Batman and Jim Gordon must learn to work together! This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fantastic issue. This "Zero Year" arc has been nearly flawless from the get-go. I like that Snyder is setting up Gordon of having secrets of his own. Obviously he's not crooked like Bruce Wayne thinks. I'm sure he's working on some type of plan to uncover some of the police corruption in Gotham but I like the dynamic it sets up between Gordon and Bruce early in his career. It's a neat twist. I was disappointed there was no back-up story even though the price tag stayed at $3.99.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Batman and Gordon team up to save Gotham!

BATMAN #27

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Zero Year reaches an all-important crossroads as Batman and Jim Gordon try to turn the lights back on in Gotham City. This issue leads directly into the final arc of Zero Year, which begins here next month!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I loved that we got more scenes with Gordon and Alfred. Both of them got these great long speeches that I thought really hit the characters really well. Gordon's flashback explanation was really satisfying, and I love how tense things remain between Bruce and Alfred. And the big reveal at the end when Batman discovered the bigger threat is awesome. Not the best issue of the arc but a nice breather. Really great stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Look into the future with this special "Zero Year" interlude issue!

BATMAN #28

Written by Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV
    Art by Dustin Nguyen, Derek Fridolfs

This special "flash-forward" issue of Batman offers a glimpse into the future of Gotham City and gives readers a taste of what to expect when Batman Eternal launches later this year! Get a look at what's to come...beware of spoilers...

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoiler! How cool is it to see Stephanie Brown again! And Selina Kyle the new kingpin of the underworld? And Bluebird? Snyder was right when he said this issue would really deliver a lot of surprises. It was a real page-turner. It was a very quick read but the artwork was gorgeous and the story was genuinely interesting. I can't wait to see how all of this plays out when the Batman Eternal book starts up and Batman returns to the present. Easily DC's best superhero book right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Riddler brings Gotham to its knees!

BATMAN #29

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

The “Dark City” chapter of Zero Year reaches its conclusion in this amazing, extra-sized issue! Now, the next chapter of Zero Year is almost upon us, and we’ve saved the best for last! What corners of Batman’s past will be revealed? And how will they impact his very near future? Find out here!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did anyone else get a laugh out of that "the gd [censored] Batman" line? A hilarious reference to All-Star Batman and Robin. In fact this issue was full of nods to Frank Miller but thankfully they were all handled nicely (and actually better than anything Miller has actually done in ages). The art was amazing. Snyder really let Capullo really carry the issue and it was a beautiful issue.I'm glad we got to learn a bit of Ruddler since his whole "I'm going to destroy the city" thing felt like it came out of nowhere. I should've known Snyder had a plan for it. The back and forth between Gotham's destruction and the murder of the Waynes was nicely handled at the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Riddler brings Gotham to its knees!

BATMAN #30

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Zero Year - Savage City begins!

Comments?

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Amazing issue. I just have to give it to the art team here. This is honestly some of the best comic book art I have seen in a long time, I am very glad Capullo and Snyder get to do this origin story for the new 52.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Totally agree, Dragonpiece. This was probably the best issue of the Zero Year arc so far. The artwork was amazing, the story was great, and I can't help but wonder how Gotham is going to pull itself out of this. This title was been consistently great since the first issue and I'm glad it's DC's top title as it really deserves it. I wonder how Batman is going to eventually stump Riddler with that answer-less riddle thing.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8