0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The first strike may be over, but Batman's world is about to be devastated...

BATMAN #7

Written by SCOTT SNYDER
    Art by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION

Batman may have survived the Court of Owls’ first strike (barely), but even as he recuperates, the Court is preparing to launch its most deadly and sweeping attack yet. Plus: The secrets revealed in this issue will change Batman’s world forever! You won’t want to miss the issue everyone will be talking about!

Comments?

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A satisfying breather ish before the big fight next month and the forthcoming tie-ins.

I've no idea who's the Harper woman who helps Batman in her cabin. She appears at the party in the first issue, but that's all I've got, probably an upcoming plot thread by Snyder. I'm okay with a big revelation for Dick's family, the Graysons' background is pretty much blank. But I'm not quite sure if the implant tooth punch-out was necessary. Was it a knee-jerk reaction by Bruce? Frustration? If not, couldn't he have pointed it out first? I'd rather not have the two come to blows, unless mind-control is involved.

Anyways, I did like the use of Fairbanks' name and a nod to the upcoming annual with Freeze.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This issue was great as usual! It was a nice cooldown after the epics of 5 and 6 while being epic in it's own right. The Grayson plot twist really didn't have me as excited as I thought it would have but it was great none the less. We did get a great scene between Bruce and Dick as he talks to him after all the worrying he's done while Bruce had disappeared again and that he needs to stop hiding things from him from that though so I guess it's alright.

Can't wait to see what Scott Snyder comes up with for the next issue!

The Talon is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loved it. The opening shout-out to Batman: Year One with the twist was really nice. The whole twist with Talon being Nightwing's great-grandfather was pretty big. Though, Bruce backhanding Nightwing made me think of "My parents are deeaaaaddd!" a lil' bit. :anime: Though I wonder if this means that they'll somehow turn William Cobb into a good guy. Also liked the creepy shout-out to Wizard of Oz at the end.

Also, cooling down the Talons makes them dead again? I got a feeling this means we're gonna a certain ice-man in the future.

rggkjg1 is online now Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    here's an interview with scott snyder and gives us some details about upcoming issues:
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/scot...ier-sport.html

i'm kind of worried about something. the article talks about snyder dropping "hints" in some issues for upcoming arcs. should i be worried that these "hints" are more court of owls nonsense or that we are going to see something that has NOTHING what so ever with the court of owls in the future? i'm seriously not going to be on board with snyder's batman if he's still using the court of owls in 2014.

this has to be the most overrated batman story i've ever read. it's not bad, but it's not good. mediocre, indifferent, and irrelevant best describes this story in my opinion.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    I've no idea who's the Harper woman who helps Batman in her cabin. She appears at the party in the first issue, but that's all I've got, probably an upcoming plot thread by Snyder.
    Wait, she was at the party? She doesn't look like the rich socialite type. I had no idea who that was either, and I re-read all the issues last night. I've also read Snyder's 'Tec run and Gates of Gotham, can't remember if she was introduced there either.

How did Dick end up with an implanted tooth? I gather he was 'marked' at an early age and maybe had an accident at the circus and Haley put the tooth in, but it was never really touched on (nor in the Nightwing series). I'm also not sure how Dick's great-grandfather can be a Talon - wouldn't that imply he was trained as an assassin since childhood and would never have a chance to fall in love and have kids?

Overall this might be the least satisfying issue for me thus far - still liking the story but the sudden info dump concerning the Talons and Dick's lineage seems out of left field.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wayne Manor comes under attack!

BATMAN #8

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Broken and beaten, Bruce Wayne has retreated from Gotham City – the city of Owls – to Wayne Manor. But no place is safe, because the Court is about to strike at the heart of city, and nothing will ever be the same. Be there for the start of the battle for Gotham City’s soul…and the prelude to “The Night of the Owls.”

And in the first chapter of a new backup story, learn the secret history of The Court of Owls – as well as the secrets of Gotham City and the Wayne family!

Comments?

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The giant penny triumphs again! (Has there ever been a story where he's made use of the robot T-Rex?)

A very entertaining all-brawl issue, the Bat-Chimney-Armour looks a little weird, but I'll wait 'til next issue to make judgement. There's a backup with art by Rafael Albuquerque (nice name) which finally calls in the rest of the Bat-Family to appear, it's decent but doesn't grab me at the moment.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As has become expected of Mr. Snyder that was yet another great issue. I liked how it finally showed what exactly the Owls were after and why they wanted to seize Gotham and how Bruce was going to fight back.

One thing that bothered me is that it didn't show how the rest of the crossovers format was going to be leaving me in the dark until I read Nightwing and understood. All this set up seems to have been worth it and I can't wait to see what amazing action is in store for us next issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Night of the Owl" rages!

BATMAN #9

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Batman must stop the TALONS that have breeched the Batcave in order to save an innocent life...and Gotham City!
    • In the backup story, learn more about the PENNYWORTH family and the secrets they’ve kept from the Wayne family!

Comments?