0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The penultimate installment of the riveting first story arc to The New 52 Batman And Robin!

BATMAN AND ROBIN #7

Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art and cover by PATRICK GLEASON and MICK GRAY

Batman finally discovers NoBody’s lair and must confront Robin and NoBody in an explosive, brutal battle that will shake them all to their very core!

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That is one heck of a finale! Did Damian really kill him? It looks like it, and that look on Damian's face when he says 'Forgive me father for I have sinned' was really well done. I really can't wait for the finale next month. This book is easily the second best Batman title out there, easily putting Detective Comics and Batman: The Dark Knight to shame.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The conclusion of the riveting first story arc to The New 52 Batman And Robin!

BATMAN AND ROBIN #8

The “Born To Kill” saga concludes in a storm of fire and water, as Batman and Robin find themselves beaten and battered emotionally, as well as physically, as the fate of NoBody is revealed!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A great conclusion to the arc. I really love what Tomasi is doing here with Bruce and Damian. The relationship between the two got off to a bit of a rocky start when the book was relaunched but now Tomasi has really got his footing. And true this arc could have been shortened to six issues but giving it time to breathe really let the father/son relationship feel more developed between the two. This is book is up there with Batman as the best Batman titles from DC's New 52. What I like here is that here's Batman who's lost his family and vows to bring justice to Gotham and in the process gains a family. And Damian killing a guy shows that he might not be ready to be out in the field but I like that Bruce admits that they don't understand each other and have to work on it. Real character development! Just a great book!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A special "Night of the Owls" tie-in issue!

BATMAN AND ROBIN #9

• ROBIN faces TALON alone with the skies of Gotham City at stake!

Comments?

Simpler Simon is offline Always in Style
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A mediocre issue, especially after the explosive physical and emotional finales of the opening arc. Lee Garbett does fill-in art (with Andy Clarke doing the 2-page history lesson, making him the first artist to work on both volumes of Batman and Robin). It's a nice visual match to Patrick Gleason except when it comes to action - the Talon attack is stiff and boring, as is Robin's whole mission to protect a target in the middle of nowhere. There's also a random bit where the Talon beheads two teens camping out on the beach. If it's a nod to slasher flicks, there's not enough build to get that across.

And the history lesson just felt shoehorned in. I know Snyder wanted to open up Gotham's history and added a mandate that all tie-in books include a bit from that Talon's era, but what it amounts to is a whole lot of exposition about characters we don't really care about. And I'm confused by how 'alive' these Talons are supposed to be - this one obviously carries a grudge, while others seem to be mindless drones.

Hopefully the next real arc will put this book back on track.
    Note to self: No More Heroes avatar in use since April 10/2009. Previous avatar lasted 2 years, 9 months and 4 days!!! Holy Stale Avatar Batman!!

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was probably the best tie in to Night of the Owls so far (Batman is the best of the entire crossover so far but considering it's the main entree I can't call it a tie in). This issue really got to show off Damian on a solo adventure and let him use the skills he had from his time under the League of Assassins to show off his tactical superiority. It was nice to see them not trying too hard with this issue and just telling a good one shot story that fits into the crossover nicely. I hope Red Hood's issue is as good as this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    War of the Robins!

BATMAN AND ROBIN #10

• Someone calls a meeting of the ROBINS, but who and why? And will the exiled and egotistical RED HOOD answer the call?
    • RED ROBIN learns of DAMIAN’S betrayal – but how long will the youngest ROBIN’S lack of discipline stand?
    • Many of Gotham City’s villains blame BATMAN for their downfall, but what happens when they stand together in a pact to bring the DARK KNIGHT down?

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This book just keeps getting better! Just one issue in and I'm already loving this story arc! The new villain is excellent and the focus on Damian is nice. I really like how Tomasi is just giving Damian such a fleshed out and real personality. He's arrogant but also insecure, feeling the need to prove himself to not only his father, but to his other 'brothers' as well. I also appreciate that his last kills are not being ignored, but are the driving point to Damian's ongoing character arc. As always, great artwork too and I liked the mention of Artemis from that Teen Titans story.

Knight is offline Emerald Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think im done with this book. The only thing I liked about this last issue was seeing all the Robins gathered together and the exchanges between Tim and Damian. But Damian is a character I absolutly hate and that doesnt happen often. I just cant stand that kid or the way Batman is a pushover for him post 52.
    "God has given me a gift. Only One. I am the most complete fighter in the world." - Boyka (Undisputed III)