1 14.29%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    A real fun issue but it does confirm a teeny worry I had about these Night of the Owl tie-in issues - that they won't really have a big effect on the main Night of the Owls story in Batman. The book does get a bit of a shot in the arm thanks to this tie-in since I found it has been waning some over the last few issues but this comic does feel a bit inconsequential. This seems like a good place to stop for now and maybe transition over to trades. The art is nice and all but the writing really needs some work.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

VictoryStar is offline "Here is your first present~"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Weak issue to me. I know Tony chose to have Detective 9 become a Night of the Owls tie in later on so he didn't have a lot of time to work on the issue but it's still no excuse for it not even really tying in until the last few pages. The issue was more about Arkham and it's patients than it was the Owls and that really disappointed me. I know they couldn't have done much here because Bruce is fighting Owls in the main Batman book but that being so I don't think they should have crossed over at all if they didn't know what to do here.

Hope next month is better.

Manga4life is offline DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great issue, much better than Batman #9 this month! I enjoyed the action as well as seeing characters such as Clayface in the New 52's universe, he looked great as did some of the other cool villains shown, overall I really enjoyed issue #9 and it still remains my favorite Batman title on store shelves today. I'm kind of getting tired of the Owls, but I'm sure this storyline will be wrapped up soon with bigger and better things on the horizon.

Yeah, I have a....

Blog! Latest blog entry 1/2/2013 - "Valiant Entertainment: The BEST publisher in comics today!"

I have a Twitter, follow me!

James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The gripping Detective Comics rages on!

DETECTIVE COMICS #10

Written by TONY S. DANIEL
    Art by TONY S. DANIEL and SANDU FLOREA

BATMAN must defend WAYNE ENTERPRISES from espionage and himself from the menace of HYPNOTIC!
    • The latest chapter in the TWO-FACE backup story!

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tony Daniel is leaving the book:

“My Batman/Detective run is coming to an end. My final written (and drawn) issue is Detective Comics #12. I’ll be producing the art only for issue 0. It’s been a long and adventurous journey for me, but there are other projects in the pipeline that I’ve been itching to do and I felt the need to scratch the itch. Next week DC will reveal some information on what one of the projects is I’m involved with. Then I’m gearing up for something I’ve wanted to do for a while in early 2013, a project where I hope to grow even more as an artist and a professional. It is top secret, and probably won’t be revealed until the fall. I want to thank all my friends, family and fans for supporting me through these crazy last few years. Onward and Upward!”
    http://www.gothamknightsonline.com/2...medium=twitter

I have to say I am really interested to see who they get to replace him.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The gripping Detective Comics rages on!

DETECTIVE COMICS #11

Art by ED BENES and ROB HUNTER

• The connection between HYPNOTIC and the attacks on Wayne Enterprises is revealed!
    • Plus, the latest chapter in the TWO-FACE backup story.

Comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! Consider me back on this title!

This fall, John Layman (CHEW) will be writing DETECTIVE COMICS. And joining him to tell his twisted stories about the Dark Knight will be fan-favorite artist Jason Fabok. So what’s in store for DC Comics’ flagship title?
    http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07...tective-comics

I'm surprised DC picked Layman to write this book though it really interests me. Can't wait to see how this goes!

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    Wow! Consider me back on this title!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07...tective-comics

I'm surprised DC picked Layman to write this book though it really interests me. Can't wait to see how this goes!
    Oh. Crap.

Instant buy. This should be really interesting.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Daniel starts to wrap up his run on Detective Comics!

DETECTIVE COMICS #12

Art by TONY S. DANIEL

• What is the final fate of Charlotte Rivers and Hugh Marder?
    • Guest-starring ROBIN.
    • The TWO-FACE backup story continues!

Comments?

Dragonpiece is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I highly recommend you guys pick this up alone for the back up, it's a prelude to the Death Of The Family arc Snyder is doing in October on his Batman comic.
    Huge comics fan,anime reviewer,animation watcher, I help run a Toonami site(you can follow it on Twitter @ToonamiNews)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast