James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The Amazo virus claims another!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #38

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK

The Amazo Virus infects the last Leaguer standing: Batman!

Comments?

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This arc seems to be bringing Johns' A-game back. Does it remind anyone else of his story from Avengers a few years ago - Red Zone? The powers that Batman ends up with are pretty clever and I really like how Fabok is just rocking it on this arc. His work has improved so quickly so fast. It seems better than his work on Batman Eternal and way better than his stuff on Detective Comics. He's really doing a great job as artist and I bet he'll be one of DC's A-listers in no time. He really has the talent for it.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The finale! The Justice League faces off against...the Justice League?!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #39

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK

"The Amazo Virus" concludes with haunting consequences!

Comments? Discuss this Comic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So it looks like DC has their answer to the Inhuman's Terrigan Mist (spelling) with the Amazo virus. It looks like a few thousand people have powers now and I'm sure DC will use that for some new characters and a method to reintroduce some new ones. I'm really interested to see how it goes. Also Amazo looks a little goofy with that haircut but it's nice to see he'll be around. I was sure they'd kill him off by the end. Also the final page with the return of Hal Jordan is awesome. I am glad to see him back.

Fabok is just killing it with this comic. Having him as the new artist is probably the best thing DC could have done.

Also, who is Amos Fortune?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Frontier is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I had a big laugh at Cold taking a picture of Flash while he was frozen .

Overall, a good conclusion to the Amazo virus arc. We get some great action scenes as Wonder Woman teams up with Captain Cold to take on the infected, leading to some nice character moments as well, and Fabok continues to knock it out of the park in terms of art .

So Golden Glider is apparently a Wonder Woman fan .

I wonder if Cold's line about being part of the League being easy meant to hint at his fully joining the team? We still haven't actually had that happen yet...

Looks like there'll be a lot more Metahumans in Earth-0 post Convergence, thanks to the Amazo virus. So I imagine that will be used to explain some of the new heroes and villains popping up in several books, or at least Justice League considering there won't be as tight a leash on continuity going forward or something...and now we have a new Amazo, which is cool, though didn't we have a New 52 Amazo before?

I expected Luthor would be off the team by the end of this arc, but it looks like he'll be sticking around for Darkseid War. I wonder if we'll learn the truth of who's trying to kill him Post-Convergence?

And Hal's back, finally! Awesome! And just in time for Darkseid War .

@Spider-Man: Amos Fortune is a classic Justice League villain. I think he was one of the founders of the original Royal Flush Gang.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The extra-sized prologue to the upcoming "The Darkseid War" event!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #40

]

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK, VARIOUS

The prologue to this summer's upcoming Justice League event - "The Darkseid War"! It's been building since Justice League #1. Now, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and the rest of the DC Universe will come face to face with the two most powerful and dangerous entities in existence when both come for Earth. But why? To what lengths with the League have to go to survive? And what secrets about the League will be revealed?

Comments? Discuss this Comic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some of the dialogue was very hammy and cheesey but the big thing about this issue is that is explains some of the inconsistencies with the new 52 continuity. Apparently this universe hasn't completely settled yet and is not yet complete so that is causing conflicts and is why some things aren't lining up across the books. I thought Convergence is supposed to fix that but is that now going to be the word of the Darkseid War story? The jam issue was nice and the art was fantastic. The comic was all set-up but it was still a good read.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920