0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    I picked up the first collection for this book and have absolutely fallen for this book. This has quickly rocketed to the top of what Marvel is publishing. The art by Riveria and Martin is pretty amazing! Mark Waid has also injected some new life into Daredevil after the past few years of some pretty dark stuff he's gone through. It's actually given the character a nice shot in the arm.

That being said, I picked up some single issues and it seems like the rotating artist thing is kind of hurting the book again, same with the last few special issues like the Point One comic and that kinda pointless crossover with Punisher and Spider-Man. It has hurt the flow a bit I find. I hope things get straightened out so the book can get back on track. I do like that Chris Samsnee is coming on to do some work. I really like his art!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mattashell is offline Before punk,there were NUGGETS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It seems like this book has been coming out almost weekly through April and the start of May, so whether you consider that good or bad, it explains the need for rotating artists. From reading the letters column, I *think* Rivera will be back, but who can be sure?

I'm contributing the "Silver Surfer Rebooted" fanfic to the Marvel Rebooted website.

Check out Guttertown Massive on Facebook and Tubmblr.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The series from the start was intended to have rotating artist. Rivera and Martin were supposed to alternate storylines. They brought in Samnee because Martin parted ways with the book. Now it's going be alternating arcs with Samnee and Rivera.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Daredevil #13: Daredevilís Daring Dare
    First off, Foggy discovers something shocking and I hope itís drugs. If one wants to reinvent Matt as a happy-go-lucky Daredevil, a drawer full of ecstasy is the way to explain it. After that we move on to the main story, in which the Omega Drive plot has really been the main focus of the book. I definitely have my share of complaints as usual, but this issue really pulled off what could have been a trite clichť and had a great ending. Iím happy to say that Iíve reached a point with this book where Iím looking forward to finding out what happens next. That being said, Waidís Daredevil has no chance competing for my esteem with my favorite DD runs, but as a light superhero book, this issue delivered the fun. ****

I'm contributing the "Silver Surfer Rebooted" fanfic to the Marvel Rebooted website.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ending of the latest issue (#16) was amazing. I am really liking the pairing of Chris Samnee and Wait. Who is Samnee alternating with now? Is it still Riviera? Still, the revelation at the end, with what was in Matt's drawer, was a jaw dropper. It has put Foggy in an impossible situation. I do wonder if Matt was actually framed but it could really go either way. This book along with Scarlet Spider, Uncanny X-Force and Amazing Spider-Man, are easily my favorite books Marvel is making right now. I really hope they don't mess this book up. I also love how Hank and Matt's memories were getting tangled as Hank was trying to fix Daredevil's sensory problems. It's really ingenious what Waid is doing with this book.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
    The ending of the latest issue (#16) was amazing. I am really liking the pairing of Chris Samnee and Wait. Who is Samnee alternating with now? Is it still Riviera?
    From what I remember (I don't have a link to it, but I think I remember reading it), Rivera's leaving the book to work on creator-owned projects. Not sure on who (if anyone) Samnee is alternating with, but Mike Allred is coming on for issue #17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Daredevil #14: Damned If You Do...
    After the "Omega Drive" story, Daredevil finds himself teleported to Latveria where he is exposed to a mysterious gas. After escaping he flees Doom’s soldiers but finds his remaining senses fading. I guess I don’t really have any complaints about this chapter. The premise is a bit flimsy, but it’s easy not to think about it too deeply. Clever ending. ***

Daredevil #15: Can You Hear Me Now?
    In this issue, Daredevil goes Dalton Trumbo, as he finds himself robbed of all his senses. We learn the real motives of his captors and over time his senses begin to gradually return. This is a nitpick, but I suppose one might make the argument, that at his peak Daredevil can “see” a painting with his radar if the layers of paint are slightly raised in relation to each other, but I find that idea hard to accept. It’s downright impossible to accept if his senses are barely there. There’s an exciting “blind” chase at the end of this. ***

Daredevil #16: Knight in Shining Armor
    Now I absolutely loved this issue. Hank Pym plays Fantastic Voyage in Matt’s brain as he tries to exorcize the nano-bots that have caused his ailment. Things take an unexpected turn when Hank and Matt begin to have odd side effects on each other. There’s a soap opera twist at the end when Foggy finally reveals to Matt (and us) what he found in Matt’s desk back in issue #13. ***1/2

Daredevil #17: Divide By Hero
    Matt struggles with the loss of Foggy’s trust and most of the story is a flashback to an incident early in Double D’s crime fighting career that brought the two friends closer. This issue was drawn by the guest artist, Mike Allred, although, except on the cover, his style is much more subtle here than on his books like X-Statix and X-Force. ****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Daredevil #16: Nelson and Murdock: Attorneys at Odds
    Foggy takes on a highly publicized case free of charge charge (yawn). An old supporting character pays Matt a visit. I like the art, and the action is actually handled exceptionally well, but the story didn’t really hook me and the stuff with Milla...the last time I saw Milla Donovan, was when she walked out on Matt and had their marriage annulled, because Matt was the unstable one. I’m not caught up on the Brubaker/Diggle run, so maybe the stuff about her flipping out and getting committed happened, but what’s this about her parents suing and having the marriage annulled over it? Mmm. I’m going to have to catch up on Brubaker’s run, but this seems pretty stupid to me. **1/2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattashell View Post
    Mmm. I’m going to have to catch up on Brubaker’s run
    Yes. Yes you should. Because it's awesome.

I've not read the newest issue yet, but, yeah, there was a lot of Mia in the early part of Brubaker's run. I don't think she was a factor in Diggle's, though. I haven't read those issues since they initially came out, but almost his entire run was Shadowland, and she wasn't much of a factor in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Daredevil #19: Druglord Dried Out!
    So, Matt helps Foggy by investigating the case of a framed woman, and figures out who’s behind all the strange goings on in this title lately. I admit I was cold to this story arc at first, and even to most of this issue, but when everything comes out at the end I really got into it, and you’re not going to believe the bizarre position Matt finds himself in at the end. I hate to admit, but this really goes to show, that Waid is always several steps ahead of the reader (and the characters) always setting up what’s to come several months ahead of time during whatever story’s in the foreground at the time. Very good stuff here. ***1/2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast