Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Well, Gene Simmons is one of the most corporate musicians in existence; he would (and does) license Kiss on anything. I was surprised by the "X-Factor" (Cowell series) licensing, but it's not hard to get this one.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, since nobody has really objected to Kevin Keller's upcoming gay marriage in the What If? series set in the future, Life With Archie, Fox News has decided to make it an issue and find someone to be outraged.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/14...anyone-object/

“It's unfortunate that a comic book series usually seen as depicting innocent, all-American life is now being used to advance the sexual revolution,” said Peter Spriggs, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council, a Washington, D.C.-based lobbying organization promoting Christian views.

“I think whatever boost in sales might come from the novelty or curiosity factors will be more than offset by the number of both kids and parents who will be turned off by this storyline and its obvious social and political agenda,” he said.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    So, since nobody has really objected to Kevin Keller's upcoming gay marriage in the What If? series set in the future, Life With Archie, Fox News has decided to make it an issue and find someone to be outraged.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/14...anyone-object/

“It's unfortunate that a comic book series usually seen as depicting innocent, all-American life is now being used to advance the sexual revolution,” said Peter Spriggs, a senior fellow at the Family Research Council, a Washington, D.C.-based lobbying organization promoting Christian views.

“I think whatever boost in sales might come from the novelty or curiosity factors will be more than offset by the number of both kids and parents who will be turned off by this storyline and its obvious social and political agenda,” he said.
    A social and political agenda which I believe to contain better writing and actual character development than most of the previous 'innocent all-American life' series, Spriggs.

We're just one of (slightly) many welcoming Archie Comics' slow foray into modern life. Tough beans to you.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Preview artwork (and discussion with "Life With Archie"'s Paul Kupperberg) about the upcoming wedding of the adult Kevin Keller:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34706
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Peter Paltridge is online now Thank God he wore trunks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://www.comics.org/issue/875684/cover/4/

Dark Horse is attempting an Archie Archive....and with 70 years' worth of pages to go, from multiple titles, I don't see how they could pull it off. The question isn't if they'll give up before they reach the end, but when.

Maybe a set of DVD-ROMs would have been a better idea.
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: Rampaging through Portland soon, and on the Internet now....it's the Super Summer Issue of BANG, crammed with quality entertainment including a brand-new Mulberry story! Watch out for that tree!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Paltridge View Post
    http://www.comics.org/issue/875684/cover/4/

Dark Horse is attempting an Archie Archive....and with 70 years' worth of pages to go, from multiple titles, I don't see how they could pull it off. The question isn't if they'll give up before they reach the end, but when.

Maybe a set of DVD-ROMs would have been a better idea.
    These volumes are great, though. The only complaint is that they could provide a little more historical context and information about the writers and artists. If the Best of Archie volume was the el-cheapo one, these are the deluxe.

They did do some bronze age DVD roms. I don't think they were that popular, I saw a bunch marked down the last time I went to Half-Price books.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    These volumes are great, though. The only complaint is that they could provide a little more historical context and information about the writers and artists. If the Best of Archie volume was the el-cheapo one, these are the deluxe.

They did do some bronze age DVD roms. I don't think they were that popular, I saw a bunch marked down the last time I went to Half-Price books.
    I bought all three of the 70s DVDs from Amazon.com for $10 total or so...
    Visit my other online spots:
    My blog, covering technology, comics, and animation, plus my weekly
    minorities in cartoons feature!
    Twitter

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bought those DVDs since the last time this was updated. They're really cool. It's too bad they started with the Bronze Age, though, one of the DVDs advertises a Silver Age set that never happened.

Check out what I found. This is a really weird early Betty and Veronica story from 1947 that was drawn way off model from the house style, even the house style of that time, in a total cheesecake/pinup style. An early "new look" attempt or just an artist who went his own way?

http://booksteveslibrary.blogspot.co...1_archive.html

I'm very humble, too.

Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The newest addition to Life With Archie's downbeat drama will be blood n' bullets.
    http://www.archiecomics.com/Blogs/ta...IE-series.aspx
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    The newest addition to Life With Archie's downbeat drama will be blood n' bullets.
    http://www.archiecomics.com/Blogs/ta...IE-series.aspx
    Life With Archie is Archie undergoing a process that I like to call "Funky Winkerbeanerization." First, someone has marital problems. Then someone gets cancer. Then someone dies. And eventually it gets so depressing that every installment should come with a Cure CD to lighten the mood a bit.

Holy crap, that's hilarious.

Stop it. Your failure in all aspects of life and your ultimately futile struggle against an uncaring universe is just killing me with laughter.

Ummmm.

I'm very humble, too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast