Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Astrolupine is offline Man on the wing.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

This month's another great ish. Rock is dishing out near-Punisher levels of defeat (poor ol' Metal Man), a fave RM (Air Man) makes an appearance, Fast Man's rant about hair, the Off-Panel and an interesting finale for #12. Quite an improvement over the solid first arcs.

And to top it all off, Auto makes a Brentalfloss reference. Mr. Flynn's fanbase homages continue to glow.
    "...And then Rorschach goes 'BARNEY! My Pebbles!' or some such thing... but it was really funny."

Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly, didn't get my copy in the mail yet. But here's a preview from IGN is anyone else was wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolupine View Post
    This month's another great ish. Rock is dishing out near-Punisher levels of defeat (poor ol' Metal Man), a fave RM (Air Man) makes an appearance, Fast Man's rant about hair, the Off-Panel and an interesting finale for #12. Quite an improvement over the solid first arcs.
    Air Man sounded pretty cool in the preview but again it's sad to see these RM's get KO'ed quickly. By interesting, I guess you mean whatever is downloading onto Mega Man when he copies abilities comes to a head at the end of #11?

And to top it all off, Auto makes a Brentalfloss reference. Mr. Flynn's fanbase homages continue to glow.
    Wow, that's a surprise nod.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 23, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got issue #12 in the mail yesterday:

Spoiler:
    While pacing is still a problem, I did enjoy this conclusion. It was fun seeing the attack on Wily's twisted around this time with the Robot Masters going to rescue a corrupt Mega Man. I also enjoyed the in-jokes about Metal Man's weapon and Cut Man's puns, and Mega Man commenting about just how ridiculous the whole alien thing Wily pulled was. And having the Robot Masters fight the mini-bosses like the dragon gives a good reason for Mega Man to not be stuck on them for issues on end. So yeah, I liked this conclusion, despite the rushed feeling this arc had. That said, the recent interview in Nintendo Power addressing that gave me hope for how future game adaptations will be handled. I believe the comic can still find its footing after reading that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nel View Post
    That said, the recent interview in Nintendo Power addressing that gave me hope for how future game adaptations will be handled. I believe the comic can still find its footing after reading that.
    An interview with Ian Flynn? Which issue is that, the one that came out this week or last month's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    An interview with Ian Flynn? Which issue is that, the one that came out this week or last month's?
    Newest one. I just got it in the mail a few days ago, so I'm not sure if it's come out in stores yet. Features Epic Mickey 2 on the cover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Newest one. I just got it in the mail a few days ago, so I'm not sure if it's come out in stores yet. Features Epic Mickey 2 on the cover.
    Thanks, I'll have to look out for that one. Sounds like an interesting interview, might help me decide on reneweing the subscription or sticking to trades after the current arc ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to look out for that one. Sounds like an interesting interview, might help me decide on reneweing the subscription or sticking to trades after the current arc ends.
    No prob, it's worth a read. They straight-up address the pacing problems people have been having with the game adaption arcs, and it's hinted that they might be spreading the adaptions out over more than four issues each. And given what the next arc is about and who's in it, it seems they're already giving some breathing room for Mega Man 3 by setting up some plot points there.

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    #11 was pretty brutal. It's sort of what I expected to happen, but it was so cool watching Mega lose it on the new masters. Shows how powerful he can be when he doesn't hold back. The ending was great. All the Light masters v. Wily again?! Sounds epic to me.
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got issue #12 in the mail yesterday:

Spoiler:
    While pacing is still a problem, I did enjoy this conclusion. It was fun seeing the attack on Wily's twisted around this time with the Robot Masters going to rescue a corrupt Mega Man. I also enjoyed the in-jokes about Metal Man's weapon and Cut Man's puns, and Mega Man commenting about just how ridiculous the whole alien thing Wily pulled was. And having the Robot Masters fight the mini-bosses like the dragon gives a good reason for Mega Man to not be stuck on them for issues on end. So yeah, I liked this conclusion, despite the rushed feeling this arc had. That said, the recent interview in Nintendo Power addressing that gave me hope for how future game adaptations will be handled. I believe the comic can still find its footing after reading that.
    Got #12 today.

Spoiler:
    Agreed, quick fights lame. But I like it took them awhile to take out the Mecha-Dragon. The Light Brigade is growing one me. I liked Elec Man taking the lead. Guts Man's reaction to the dozer was hilarious. And yay, Rush!!

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Megaman Archie Comics are awesome :anime:
    I bought Megaman Volume 1 Let The Games Begin and Volume 2 Time Keeps Slipping
    The comics have great artwork and i enjoy the dialogue with the Robot Masters
    I can't wait for more comics
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Pacman7821 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have been reading this series for months. I have been enjoying it, but I don't like how some of the Robot Masters go down easily. But, it seems they know the fans don't like it, so maybe we won't see to much of it in future stories.

Undrave is offline Forever Burning Heart!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got #12 today! Man I love the 'Light Brigade'! They were cool and I want to see more of them!

Should I feel ashamed I thought Wily had really been replaced by an alien? ^^;

"People who meddle with secret identities get their memories erased."
    -------------
    "You murdered your own alter ego? Sounds socially awkward."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrave View Post
    Got #12 today! Man I love the 'Light Brigade'! They were cool and I want to see more of them!

Considering the game that did that came out way back in the late 80s... yes. Yes you should.

PC!
    PC! is online now lolwut?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Undrave View Post

Depends if you played the game the storyline was based on or not.

But either way, the answer is yes.

My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's a preview of Issue #13, Spiritus Ex Machina Part One

Spoiler:
    Neat seeing Dr. Cossack, Kalinka, Pharaoh Man and the new characters Dr. LaLinde and Temp. Cossack's "Little less beard" line was hilarious. Amazon? Looks to be a quasi-adaptation of the the Super Adventure Rockman game with Ra Moon.

Alpha Flight is offline Comic Book Writer/Editorialist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Archie does a really good job and I enjoy what I've got from this series.
    Read my comics books free from Drive Thru Comics MistsDetectives.blogspot.com

King9 is offline Embraced One
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    #12, The conclusion of Return of Dr. Wily was awesome. The robot master cavalry made for some great fight scenes, Oil Man + Fire Man = Mass damage. Also I loved when Megaman lampshaded the absurd effectiveness of Metal Man's weapon. "I should have gotten this first." The metal blade made some potentially difficult parts of Megaman 2 laughably simple. Overall great wrap-up to a great arc.

Can't wait to see things now that Rush is in the picture. It's pretty smart giving us these familiar characters slowly. Only makes the payoff bigger when they finally show up *caugh-ProtomanandBass-caugh*
    Toonzone Bronies - "We would be honored to have you." ~ Twilight Sparkle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Read a bit of #13 today in a store, I was happy to see Pharaoh and Elec Man in there along with Cossack and Kalinka. Was even more stoked to see Ra Moon. But yeah, sticking to trades now.

HEATXZ is offline Duck Knght
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Megaman #13 was very good
    Nice to see Pharaohman and Dr.Cossck making a early appearance
    Greatest Funniest Character nominations ,Feel free to visit my Toonzone Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's an interview with Ian Flynn from Newsarama. Nice to see plans for more original stories and playing with arc lengths.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast