Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
    Yojimbo is online now R.I.P. Mr. Harold Ramis
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

I think there's an upcoming issue(s) where Dr. Wily stands trial. I think Mega Man is going to vouch for him and he'll get off. Then the Mega Man 3 adaptation arc after that or maybe the MM/MMX crossover.
    Home Page: DCAU Resource Last Updated: April 24, 2014
    Twitter: DCAUResource

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm aware of that, but I was looking to start a little discussion over whether anyone thinks that Wily's "redemption" will be an act, or do you think he'll make a genuine effort to turn around only to get caught up in his old habits?
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    I'm aware of that, but I was looking to start a little discussion over whether anyone thinks that Wily's "redemption" will be an act, or do you think he'll make a genuine effort to turn around only to get caught up in his old habits?
    Okay, got it now. Yes, I think it's just an act. He's exploiting an opening to serve himself. Get exonerated while he tries to rebuild a power base. It's basically a lead up to a Mega Man 3 adaptation. I'm betting with what happened to Mega Man after he stopped Ra Moon, Dr. Light is already thinking about building Gamma to take up the role of peace keeper.

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^^I'll admit I can see it going either way, but as I said before, Mega Man's willingness to sacrifice himself to stop Ra Moon and to stick up for him would at least move him into humoring the idea. Basically I'm looking at it like an addict trying to kick a habit, but will eventually be too tempted to stay on the straight and narrow (Gamma being the temptation).

But another reason I see Wily at least being genuine despite the dishonesty on his part is due to the comic's depiction of him having some humanity and being appalled by needlessly killing (though I'll admit the first arc does show him to be reckless with his army).

Heck there's also his hatred towards Eggman for trying to off Dr. Light. Sure it the need for outclassing him justifies that, it wouldn't be out of place for him to be somewhat sentimental towards his old friend.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    #37 kicks off the MM/MMX crossover "Dawn of X" Flynn and Kaminski tease their plans.
    Archie officially announces Mega Man X crossover event - Destructoid

^^^I'll admit I can see it going either way, but as I said before, Mega Man's willingness to sacrifice himself to stop Ra Moon and to stick up for him would at least move him into humoring the idea. Basically I'm looking at it like an addict trying to kick a habit, but will eventually be too tempted to stay on the straight and narrow (Gamma being the temptation).

But another reason I see Wily at least being genuine despite the dishonesty on his part is due to the comic's depiction of him having some humanity and being appalled by needlessly killing (though I'll admit the first arc does show him to be reckless with his army).

Heck there's also his hatred towards Eggman for trying to off Dr. Light. Sure it the need for outclassing him justifies that, it wouldn't be out of place for him to be somewhat sentimental towards his old friend.
    Those are some excellent points, Antiyonder. Maybe it is just the temptation of power.

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've haven't read the rest of the Arc, but it will be interesting to see if Wily really became a good guy. (spoilers for the games ahead)

Spoiler:
    Of course, wither or not he turns good is moot considering the game's canon. It he did, it would be interesting to see why he's turns evil again. If not, well, that's Wily for you

So far, the Blackout Arc is brilliant setup considering MM3. Why would Light, after all the stuff in the past 2 games, would trust Wily again? It's an issue that this arc manages to cover well.
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Gatomon41 is offline Happy Easter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, back from an Anime convention, and got the main Mega Man TPB

Ironically, I bought more American comics than I did manga 0_0
    He is Risen.

"Truth suffers, but never dies." -St. Teresa of Avila

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11