Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    i'm still trying to track down a fantastic four #48 print (if push comes to shove, i'm gonna get the 35 dollar one). anyway, i'm also wondering if the original cover for #48 has been used as a cover for one of the various marvel reprint titles or used on a magazine cover. i know about the wizard ace reprint, and a #48 homage cover from a 90s fantastic four issue, but i want the kirby art only.

i'm really surprised that i'm not coming up with much regarding this issue. i feel this is one of the most iconic marvel covers ever and one of the best marvel universe stories ever written. let alone that this is also the first silver surfer appearance. why am i having such a hard time with this issue when i can easily find spider-man or x-men reprints with just as equal importance as this comic does.
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rggkjg1 View Post
    i'm still trying to track down a fantastic four #48 print (if push comes to shove, i'm gonna get the 35 dollar one). anyway, i'm also wondering if the original cover for #48 has been used as a cover for one of the various marvel reprint titles or used on a magazine cover. i know about the wizard ace reprint, and a #48 homage cover from a 90s fantastic four issue, but i want the kirby art only.

i'm really surprised that i'm not coming up with much regarding this issue. i feel this is one of the most iconic marvel covers ever and one of the best marvel universe stories ever written. let alone that this is also the first silver surfer appearance. why am i having such a hard time with this issue when i can easily find spider-man or x-men reprints with just as equal importance as this comic does.
    That cover was used for the cover of Marvel Masterworks Volume 5.

http://www.marvelmasterworks.com/mar...f/ff_mm05.html
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

spartanx54 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not a huge comic book fan, but I really recommend you guys to check out Robert Kirkman's "Invinicible". A lot of twists and turns, and everything I would want in a superhero book.
    ​"Anyone can be a hero, even a man who did something so simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."- Bruce Wayne/Batman

suss2it is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanx54 View Post
    I'm not a huge comic book fan, but I really recommend you guys to check out Robert Kirkman's "Invinicible". A lot of twists and turns, and everything I would want in a superhero book.
    I have the first 24 issues of that, haven't read any of it yet though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That cover was used for the cover of Marvel Masterworks Volume 5.

http://www.marvelmasterworks.com/mar...f/ff_mm05.html
    i'm actually trying to find the #48 cover art used again as the cover for a single issue or magazine reprint only. i want to put the #48 art in a frame and display it. the easiest way to do that would be with a comic/magazine or the art print.

i know after the hard time i'm going through looking for exactly what i want, and right after the convention, marvel will announce a special 80+ page reprint issue of fantastic four #48-50 with the classic #48 front cover reused again. (for the record, i have the silver surfer: coming of galactus trade/cardstock reprint and the actual original fantastic four #48 - getting that autographed is not an option)
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i'm actually trying to find the #48 cover art used again as the cover for a single issue or magazine reprint only.
    Looks like you're out of luck, far as I can tell. It was also reprinted in Marvel's Greatest Comics, but with a new cover. It was reprinted in 100 Greatest Marvels, but the cover is reproduced inside.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 05-03-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i at least know i'm getting a poster and a hardcover autographed by stan next month. i want to get an actual comic book signed by him though. i was thinking of getting my julie schwartz superman tribute issue signed and marvel zombies #1 signed as well, but i don't think they're as impressive as a 60s/70s marvel comic (original or reprint) he wrote. so, if you could get one or 2 marvel comics signed by stan lee, what would you get autographed?

is there any kind of special issue where a bunch of marvel characters appear together on the cover? (besides an avengers comic because spider-man, daredevil, fantastic four, and x-men arent members of the avengers)
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    alrighty, looks like i've found some comics that meet the criteria for what i'm looking for.

marvel legacy: 1960s handbook:
    http://www.comics.org/series/16784/

marvel's greatest comics: fantastic four #52 reprint:
    http://www.comics.org/issue/300053/

is that fantastic four issue the only silver age marvel reprint in that format (an exact replica of the actual comic with ads, letters to editor, ect)? i'm thinking that if there is something else, it would be called "marvel reprint #5" or something and not exactly stick out when using specific search terms.
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    i at least know i'm getting a poster and a hardcover autographed by stan next month. i want to get an actual comic book signed by him though. i was thinking of getting my julie schwartz superman tribute issue signed and marvel zombies #1 signed as well, but i don't think they're as impressive as a 60s/70s marvel comic (original or reprint) he wrote. so, if you could get one or 2 marvel comics signed by stan lee, what would you get autographed?
    I'd get my original copy of Fantastic Four 51, the "This Man, This Monster" story signed because it's probably the best thing he ever did. I could give a flip about whether it lowered the value.

I'm very humble, too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i also found fantastic four annual #3:
    http://www.comics.org/issue/18847/

i think i'm finally good to go now. if only marvel used the original cover on the recent reprint one shot, ARHGHGHAHGHAGHAHGHAGHAHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seeing all the marvel characters jammed on the original cover is more impressive than the new gene ha cover. alex ross' wedding with the celebrity cameos is more impressive than the gene ha cover. come on marvel!!!!!!!
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)