Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    J!!! is offline You're such a little kid~
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    To be clear, I don't want to limit this thread to comics that are out at the moment, so anytime you come across another title or if a new comic fitting the qualifications come out, list them here (with details on them of course).

Anyway, some other titles which crossed my mind:

1. Archie: While I don't read it regularly enough, I read the trades and comics my mom own, and they are pretty fun. And it's probably one of the few titles not to have given into the dark storytelling trend.

2. Sonic The Hedgehog and Sonic Universe: Overall exciting stories and a good blend of serious & lighthearted stories.
    Agree with both of these. Well Sonic did kind of go through a dark phase during the end of Ken Pender's reign but besides that it is pretty light hearted and fun.
    Crazy Crazy Rainbow Star~~~

Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now that a couple issues have been out, I have to definitely say that Mega Man is looking to be yet another alternative to the dark and gory comics. It's pretty serious involving Mega Man's lack of interest in fighting his fellow robots, but manages not to be depressing.

And again, I'm not just posting to announce it's qualification. If anyone has some additional comics to mention, feel free to share them.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Covering some of the recent and upcoming comics:

1. Avatar The Last Airbender: The Promise- Like the show it's pretty serious at times, but humorous and lighthearted other times. Recommended.

2. Green Lantern The Animated Series- Just one issue so far, and I'm not sure how much of an effort there will be to keep it in line with the show, it seems to be simple fun at the moment with a bit of a serious tone.

3. Superman Family Adventures: Heard about this a couple months ago, with an ad specifying this series to debut next month. Now I haven't read it myself, but if you are a fan of Tiny Titans' this you might want to check it out.
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superman Family Adventures is a pretty good read if you want a simple, fun Superman comic.

And I have to recommend Smallville Season 11. It's definitely a serious read, but for a comic marketed for the older audience (T Rated), it's pretty tasteful in terms of content. Plus the writing is arguably more solid than the show.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345