Quantcast
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    A cover, eh? I'm surprised I hadn't see it until now.

I'm know nothing about DC's ratings system (comics always seem to have the most stupid systems as it is), but if this is 'all ages' what in the world counts for the kid-friendly stuff?

Not that I'm necessarily against the cover. It's all about shock value and hoping somebody'll pick it up to learn why there's a raging orange-haired guy (pun!) spewin' blood all over. Or maybe somebody's shooting tomato juice at his face and in the heat of battle he is angerly trying to consume it while fighting it out with this villain?

Rusakov is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    I love it.
    I'll get started on it asap! Maybe we should find some contenders for the award...
    Visit our Facebook page!

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I nominate the cat that a high on smack Arsenal "defended" from some thugs in Rise of Arsenal 3. We know it's dead after he's done with it, but it could have been alive when he started.

Also, the guy who got his face melted by Dex Starr's puke.

Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Rick Jones is offline Keep my glass half-full in '15
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusakov View Post
    I'll get started on it asap! Maybe we should find some contenders for the award...
    I doubt you'll have any shortage of nominees. Ryan Choi in the shoebox is my personal pick.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    I doubt you'll have any shortage of nominees. Ryan Choi in the shoebox is my personal pick.
    Yeah, not exactly dignified, huh?

Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Anthonynotes is offline St. Nicho-louse is back!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeesh... yeah, that's a pretty low point for Guy Gardner. A GL puking more blood than I suspect the human body actually contains on the cover of a book tied to a major, PG-13-rated/all-ages-appealing motion picture?! *Sigh*... then again, Time-Warner and its subsidiaries always did have poor marketing skills/judgment (compared to the much-tighter-ship their archrival Disney runs).

Bat-Fan Beyond is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Jones View Post
    Actually that looks more like a matchstick box. A tiny bit more demeaning.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Comic companies really shouldn't bother with replacing legacy heroes, especially replacing them with new minority characters in an attempt to add diversity. Because they know the fanboys are going to clamor for the old white guy back, and when the sales drop off they're going to give in and then the minority character has gots to go. Because that's what seems to sell comics these days that seems to mean a messy, humiliating death. I'm sure Ted Kord will come back eventually, for instance, and Jamie Reyes will probably be skewered on a pole or something. Maybe stepped on by a hard light construct boot.

I'm very humble, too.

Bloody Marquis is offline Quite smashing, eh?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Comic companies really shouldn't bother with replacing legacy heroes, especially replacing them with new minority characters in an attempt to add diversity. Because they know the fanboys are going to clamor for the old white guy back, and when the sales drop off they're going to give in and then the minority character has gots to go. Because that's what seems to sell comics these days that seems to mean a messy, humiliating death. I'm sure Ted Kord will come back eventually, for instance, and Jamie Reyes will probably be skewered on a pole or something. Maybe stepped on by a hard light construct boot.
    *cowers in fear at what they'll do to Renee Montoya if Sage ever comes back*
    Yes, there are amazing things up there in the universe, but they’ve got some very stiff competition down here on Earth!

Animation Revelation: We have punch and pie. / Reviews / Features
    And ImpishIdea For You Writers!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have to admit here, through shame that's bitter and burns me, that I like Dex-Starr now that I've read his origin story. He's like a kitty cat Punisher. He's still an emblem of DC Comic's excess to me. But he's also a kitty! I can't be annoyed at such a cute, murderous kitty.

Here's an excerpt with a couple of pages from the origin.

http://www.thefanboyseo.com/comics/g...ed-lantern-cat

I'm very humble, too.