Quantcast
Page 96 of 119 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
    Chaotix12345 is offline Shine Like Rainbows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Last edited by Chaotix12345; 04-23-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

John Pannozzi is offline 30 Years of Turtle Power
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But let's not forget that Eric Stephenson helped write this book, and he now's the publisher of Image and partially responsible for keeping the company steady through the years.

Anyway, out of the Extreme team books Linkara mentioned, Brigade is an interesting one, since Marv Wolfman of all people wrote it for a bit. And around the team he wrote it, the team's line-up not only included Liefeld creations, also characters from other Image partners like Erik Larsen and Gary Carlson's Vanguard, Jim Valentino's ShadowHawk, and even Tremor from Spawn.

Speaking of Alan Moore's run on Supreme, did anyone pick up Supreme #63? It came out a few weeks ago and is the last issue by Moore (using a script he wrote a decade ago) and the first issue by Erik Larsen, who will continue off from Moore's cliffhanger and do his own take on the series, having the violent 90's anti-hero version of Supreme co-exist alongside Moore's vision of the Ivory Icon and his world.

And Bloodstrike recently came back. I dunno much about it, but I do know that Tim Seeley is writing it, and I'd consider him a rising star in comics nowadays, particularly due to his celebrated Hack/Slash, which I'd bet Linkara might like (Linkara seems to be a bit of a Nightmare on Elm Street fan, and Hack/Slash is loving homage to slasher films, with a kick-ass female lead to boot).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The wait is finally over! History of Power Rangers is back!

Linkara heads out to save the universe with Power Rangers SPD. Part 2! Aaaaaaaaaaand, Part 3!
    Official Reporter for Herotaku, home of the latest tokusatsu news!

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Linkara liked SPD but did he find it buttery?
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Light Lucario is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    That Superman review was pretty good. Most of the other reviews didn't really do much for me, except for that ridiculously hilarious kung fu comic, which is why I haven't posted here for awhile, but that one was just pretty bad. The idea seemed pretty good, but they made Superman into such a jerk that there's no way it could have worked.

It was nice to see the return of The History of Power Rangers. I only saw some bits of SPD when it was airing on ABC Family. The only thing I remembered was how I liked Cruger's design. It seemed pretty interesting with who was chosen to be the Red Ranger and the initial conflict in the relationship between him and the Blue Ranger. The villain was kind of threatening, even if the motorcycle made him look kind of silly at the same time. I forgot that they had two team up episodes with the Dino Thunder cast. I can understand erasing their memories so that they wouldn't have knowledge about the future, but erasing their own memories in the second team up was weird. The theories on the timeline was kind of confusing though. Still, it seemed like a pretty interesting season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is Spike Lee being the Kingpin supposed to be some weird reference to Michael Clarke Duncan being cast as the Kingpin in the theatrical Daredevil movie?

Dantheman is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    Is Spike Lee being the Kingpin supposed to be some weird reference to Michael Clarke Duncan being cast as the Kingpin in the theatrical Daredevil movie?

Considering the kind of "humor" Bill Jemas was going for with this, I wouldn't be suprised....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SigmasonicX is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was wondering why the thread wasn't bumped up, but I see you just chose to edit the new video into your post.

The comic didn't seem that bad, in my opinion, and certainly wasn't as hamfisted as other PSA comics. The review itself was decently funny. I did notice that Linkara somehow didn't recognize "PCP', instead thinking it was "POP", but I guess he just assumed that there was a bit of fading on the right side of the 'O' or something.

Also, it was amusing that Snowflame is now a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
    Reality is only for those who can't handle Star Trek.