• Flash

32 82.05%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Munkiman is offline Hail Hydra.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who Is Faster: Sonic or the Flash?

Like This Thread!
    I really don't know. I lean toward the Flash, but outside perspective is welcome.

Well, which do you think would win in a race, with both of them at their top speed? Sonic the Hedgehog, or the Flash?
    "I've never met a man so tired of being alive."

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wiki says that Sonic's speed is faster than the speed of sound. The Flash, on the other hand, can vibrate through walls and is apparently capable of traveling through time if necessary. In animation, Flash is so fast that he can be in front of someone one second and beyond them in literally the next second after that. I don't think Sonic ever did that. Also, in the games, Sonic builds up momentum before he really takes off. Flash doesn't.

I have no idea what kind of stuff Super Sonic does in the Archie comics, but by default I think Flash wins this easily.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is kinda silly, these characters are in diffrent universes, Flash is the fastest in his, sonic is his & quicksilver in his, etc....In essance none are faster then the other, and if all 3 were to race it would most likely cause a chain reaction Ripping the fabric of reality itself! But I digrese.

Sonic Is easily faster then the flash. Ecspecially in super sonic or hyper sonic forms. but again thats just my bias openion cause im a sonic fan, in all actuality id say all the speedsters tie, but in the end, who knows.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

Munkiman is offline Hail Hydra.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmonkey44 View Post
    This is kinda silly, these characters are in diffrent universes, Flash is the fastest in his, sonic is his & quicksilver in his, etc....In essance none are faster then the other, and if all 3 were to race it would most likely cause a chain reaction Ripping the fabric of reality itself! But I digrese.

Sonic Is easily faster then the flash. Ecspecially in super sonic or hyper sonic forms. but again thats just my bias openion cause im a sonic fan, in all actuality id say all the speedsters tie, but in the end, who knows.
    One of them has to be faster, I say! Just being fastest in your universe isn't good enough. I need there to be a race.

And the Flash would totally leave Quiksilver in the dust.
    "I've never met a man so tired of being alive."

soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post
    One of them has to be faster, I say! Just being fastest in your universe isn't good enough. I need there to be a race.

And the Flash would totally leave Quiksilver in the dust.

Then Sonic Would Tap into the Chaos force & make the flash look like a tortise!

But seriously you can't really say one Speedster is the fastest there is then you just start a big fight .

I mean somthings its ok I mean its obvious batman is more emo then wolverine

its obvious superman could beat the hulk, that howard the duck is coller the daffy etc. But speedsters are just to much to gauge. i mean Flash may be a few seconds faster then quicksilver & sonic may be on par with either, heck even speedy gonzoles could be added to this race. theres just too many fictional speedsters to say who's the fastest thats when ever i get into a conversation like that, I juat say the the speedsters are the fastest in there own universe & for them to leave it at that, seriously flash vs quicksilver arguments get violent man. This however is the 1st flash vs sonic ive ever seen though.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

TokyoGirl5 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say Sonic, after all, in the SatAM series, the opening song says he's the fastest thing alive. However, that's just my opinion.
    Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
    -

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Flash can run faster than light, people. He ignores physical laws of the universe. He makes that furry blue rodent look like a snail. There is no contest here or room for debate.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

JAG
    JAG is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While it's been over a decade since I've watched any of his cartoons, I don't recall Sonic as being capable of surpassing the speed of light. Flash, on the other hand, has done so on several occasions. So he gets my vote.

However, as I said, I'm not overly familiar with Sonic. Which is sad, because I was borderline-obsessed with his early-90s cartoons as a little kid. But that's been about thirteen years ago, now. But anyway, excuse any possible ignorance on my knowledge of Sonic's top speed.
    "Of course, all this magic business is just so much bull dust. Isn't it? We civilized people know that such goings on are ridiculous gibber, don't we? Sure we do: we don't trust anything but our good, reliable horoscope."
    -Peter Hathaway Capstick

CartoonOverlord is offline Head of HATE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even think Sonic can run at the speed of light, let alone beyond it like Flash can.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Flash can move at speeds approaching (and sometimes even exceeding) the speed of light. He can vibrate through solid objects, cause heat and destructive vibration using his speed, even when not running. He's even been shown breaking the time barrier.

I've never seen Sonic do any of those things. (Not even as Super Sonic.) So I'd have to say Flash wins this one easily.

And Flash VS Quicksilver? No contest. Pietro's average speed is 175 m.p.h. Flash makes Quicksilver look like a turtle.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 07-20-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast