Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Who is the fastest?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sonic

    7 17.95%
  • Flash

    32 82.05%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Munkiman's Avatar
    Munkiman is offline Hail Hydra.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Colbert Nation
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Who Is Faster: Sonic or the Flash?

    Like This Thread!

    I really don't know. I lean toward the Flash, but outside perspective is welcome.

    Well, which do you think would win in a race, with both of them at their top speed? Sonic the Hedgehog, or the Flash?
    "I've never met a man so tired of being alive."

  2. #2
    GWOtaku's Avatar
    GWOtaku is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    16,827
    Blog Entries
    45
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wiki says that Sonic's speed is faster than the speed of sound. The Flash, on the other hand, can vibrate through walls and is apparently capable of traveling through time if necessary. In animation, Flash is so fast that he can be in front of someone one second and beyond them in literally the next second after that. I don't think Sonic ever did that. Also, in the games, Sonic builds up momentum before he really takes off. Flash doesn't.

    I have no idea what kind of stuff Super Sonic does in the Archie comics, but by default I think Flash wins this easily.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson
    ______________________
    Vote in the TZ Forums' "Battle of the Brackets" Action Cartoon Tournament!

  3. #3
    soundmonkey44's Avatar
    soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is kinda silly, these characters are in diffrent universes, Flash is the fastest in his, sonic is his & quicksilver in his, etc....In essance none are faster then the other, and if all 3 were to race it would most likely cause a chain reaction Ripping the fabric of reality itself! But I digrese.

    Sonic Is easily faster then the flash. Ecspecially in super sonic or hyper sonic forms. but again thats just my bias openion cause im a sonic fan, in all actuality id say all the speedsters tie, but in the end, who knows.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

  4. #4
    Munkiman's Avatar
    Munkiman is offline Hail Hydra.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Colbert Nation
    Posts
    324
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmonkey44 View Post
    This is kinda silly, these characters are in diffrent universes, Flash is the fastest in his, sonic is his & quicksilver in his, etc....In essance none are faster then the other, and if all 3 were to race it would most likely cause a chain reaction Ripping the fabric of reality itself! But I digrese.

    Sonic Is easily faster then the flash. Ecspecially in super sonic or hyper sonic forms. but again thats just my bias openion cause im a sonic fan, in all actuality id say all the speedsters tie, but in the end, who knows.
    One of them has to be faster, I say! Just being fastest in your universe isn't good enough. I need there to be a race.

    And the Flash would totally leave Quiksilver in the dust.
    "I've never met a man so tired of being alive."

  5. #5
    soundmonkey44's Avatar
    soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkiman View Post
    One of them has to be faster, I say! Just being fastest in your universe isn't good enough. I need there to be a race.

    And the Flash would totally leave Quiksilver in the dust.

    Then Sonic Would Tap into the Chaos force & make the flash look like a tortise!

    But seriously you can't really say one Speedster is the fastest there is then you just start a big fight .

    I mean somthings its ok I mean its obvious batman is more emo then wolverine

    its obvious superman could beat the hulk, that howard the duck is coller the daffy etc. But speedsters are just to much to gauge. i mean Flash may be a few seconds faster then quicksilver & sonic may be on par with either, heck even speedy gonzoles could be added to this race. theres just too many fictional speedsters to say who's the fastest thats when ever i get into a conversation like that, I juat say the the speedsters are the fastest in there own universe & for them to leave it at that, seriously flash vs quicksilver arguments get violent man. This however is the 1st flash vs sonic ive ever seen though.
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

  6. #6
    TokyoGirl5's Avatar
    TokyoGirl5 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    128
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I say Sonic, after all, in the SatAM series, the opening song says he's the fastest thing alive. However, that's just my opinion.
    Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
    -

  7. #7
    Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Winner's Circle
    Posts
    14,610
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The Flash can run faster than light, people. He ignores physical laws of the universe. He makes that furry blue rodent look like a snail. There is no contest here or room for debate.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

    I'm very humble, too.

  8. #8
    JAG
    JAG is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rydal, GA
    Posts
    1,523
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While it's been over a decade since I've watched any of his cartoons, I don't recall Sonic as being capable of surpassing the speed of light. Flash, on the other hand, has done so on several occasions. So he gets my vote.

    However, as I said, I'm not overly familiar with Sonic. Which is sad, because I was borderline-obsessed with his early-90s cartoons as a little kid. But that's been about thirteen years ago, now. But anyway, excuse any possible ignorance on my knowledge of Sonic's top speed.
    "Of course, all this magic business is just so much bull dust. Isn't it? We civilized people know that such goings on are ridiculous gibber, don't we? Sure we do: we don't trust anything but our good, reliable horoscope."
    -Peter Hathaway Capstick

  9. #9
    CartoonOverlord's Avatar
    CartoonOverlord is offline Head of HATE
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't even think Sonic can run at the speed of light, let alone beyond it like Flash can.

  10. #10
    Silverstar's Avatar
    Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonland
    Posts
    13,221
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Flash can move at speeds approaching (and sometimes even exceeding) the speed of light. He can vibrate through solid objects, cause heat and destructive vibration using his speed, even when not running. He's even been shown breaking the time barrier.

    I've never seen Sonic do any of those things. (Not even as Super Sonic.) So I'd have to say Flash wins this one easily.

    And Flash VS Quicksilver? No contest. Pietro's average speed is 175 m.p.h. Flash makes Quicksilver look like a turtle.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 07-20-2009 at 11:19 PM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

  11. #11
    Rick Jones's Avatar
    Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    177A Bleecker Street
    Posts
    3,746
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sonic never ran so fast that it transformed him into energy. The Flash is the fastest thing in all universes. Another thing is that The Flash can move any part of his body at great speeds independently, i.e. (using his arms as propellers to cushion a fall, etc). He's literally speed incarnate. I'm guessing Sonic's speed is all due to his feet and those spiffy sneakers. I think Sonic might be more agile though.
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

  12. #12
    HellCat's Avatar
    HellCat is offline Travelling hero
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Bedford, England
    Posts
    20,338
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Flash. Sonic is very fast but he doesn't come close to the sheer power of old red.

  13. #13
    Goldstar Neo's Avatar
    Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cartoonsville
    Posts
    9,144
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Plus, Flash is capable of doing everything at super speed. He doesn't just run fast, which is basically all that Sonic does (although Sonic does have that move where he curls into a ball and can hit things).
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

  14. #14
    Ryusuke's Avatar
    Ryusuke is offline SomethingWithTheR
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    There
    Posts
    2,031
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    Wiki says that Sonic's speed is faster than the speed of sound. The Flash, on the other hand, can vibrate through walls and is apparently capable of traveling through time if necessary. In animation, Flash is so fast that he can be in front of someone one second and beyond them in literally the next second after that. I don't think Sonic ever did that. Also, in the games, Sonic builds up momentum before he really takes off. Flash doesn't.

    I have no idea what kind of stuff Super Sonic does in the Archie comics, but by default I think Flash wins this easily.
    I'm not even sure Sonic Team is that creative.

    But, yeah. As much as I like Sonic, facts pretty much state that The Flash pretty much did things (like run up to the speed of light) that Sonic (whether it's the creative department not being creative enough or not) hasn't done.
    "Don't take life too seriously; you'll never make it out alive!"
    - Bugs Bunny, "Rabbit Feat" (1960)

  15. #15
    Temple Fugate's Avatar
    Temple Fugate is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    6,125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Flash: Fastest Man Alive
    Sonic: Fastest Thing Alive

    It would be easy to argue that by those terms, Sonic wins by default, but then by Sonic's time, Flash has been dead for millennia and can no longer qualify.

    I have to say it's Flash. I doubt Sonic's even close to matching Superman's speed.

    And while we're on the subject, what is it with speedsters having sharp wits and cavalier attitudes? Where do all the writers draw that connection?

  16. #16
    wonderfly's Avatar
    wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Posts
    6,681
    Blog Entries
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temple Fugate
    And while we're on the subject, what is it with speedsters having sharp wits and cavalier attitudes? Where do all the writers draw that connection?
    What, do you expect a speedster to have a personality like Batman or the Punisher?

  17. #17
    JAG
    JAG is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Rydal, GA
    Posts
    1,523
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by wonderfly:
    What, do you expect a speedster to have a personality like Batman or the Punisher?
    Well, that would be a useful power for Batman. He'd do his nightly patrol in .98765672 seconds and have the rest of the night free to just sit menacingly on a gargoyle and brood.
    "Of course, all this magic business is just so much bull dust. Isn't it? We civilized people know that such goings on are ridiculous gibber, don't we? Sure we do: we don't trust anything but our good, reliable horoscope."
    -Peter Hathaway Capstick

  18. #18
    soundmonkey44's Avatar
    soundmonkey44 is offline Melancholic Man.
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I Still say sonic, no mer human can outrun a mobian! Darn Me & my overcompulsive sonic fandom! why must i be compeled to protect a character with mediocre games, oh wait were talking about the much better comic version! Thats why! VIVA LA SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!


    the flash may be fast....but he don't turn gold! LULZ!
    Nerd Of All Trades, Master Of None.
    Archie Sonic & Megaman Comic Fanboy.
    HUB & TOONAMI Fanatic.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Haven, Connecticut
    Posts
    440
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG View Post
    While it's been over a decade since I've watched any of his cartoons, I don't recall Sonic as being capable of surpassing the speed of light. Flash, on the other hand, has done so on several occasions. So he gets my vote.

    However, as I said, I'm not overly familiar with Sonic. Which is sad, because I was borderline-obsessed with his early-90s cartoons as a little kid. But that's been about thirteen years ago, now. But anyway, excuse any possible ignorance on my knowledge of Sonic's top speed.
    i was unaware of the early 90's taking place in 1996...lolz :anime:

    flash. close thread now. no need for debate.
    http://www.novistry.com/comics
    bagged & boredom: a web comic.
    updated every wednesday. new blogs mon. & fri.

  20. #20
    Rick Jones's Avatar
    Rick Jones is online now Crazy Marvel Love
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    177A Bleecker Street
    Posts
    3,746
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soundmonkey44 View Post
    why must i be compeled to protect a character with mediocre games
    Personally, I would never call Sonic 2 mediocre
    "I've had the same car since I was 19 years old, and never had a problem, yet this thing falls out of the sky every other Thursday." - Maria Hill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO