• *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"X-Men Origins: Gambit" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Learn more about this X-Man!

X-MEN ORIGINS: GAMBIT

WRITER: Mike Carey
    PENCILS: David Yardin

THE STORY: Remy LeBeau is one of the X-Men's biggest guns, but he started out on the other side of the equation, alongside Mister Sinister's Marauders. From New Orleans to the Mutant Massacre and beyond, this is the story of the Ragin' Cajun's transformation from villain to hero - and what it cost him...

Comments?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Faust View Post
    Now they're using the way to write the movie title for Gambit's series title instead of using Wolverine series style (Gambit Origins)?
    Nah. It's part of a series of "X-Men: Origins" one-shots that have been going on for well over a year. They've already done (that I remember) Jean Grey, Beast, Sabertooth and Colossus.

They're all pretty darn good, especially the Beast one. I've yet to read this one, but I look forward to grabbing it at some point.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

silvanoir is offline <-- drew this icon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you're already familiar with the character's history... then you know what's in it.

It's basically a series of flashbacks from key moments of Gambit's life before joining the X-men. Only with updated (mostly better) art.

My only big crit is that on the first page the artist clearly has no idea how to draw children's faces, and drew an adult face of the little girl's body.

Read my original Comic, "DrawBlood".
    http://silvanoir.deviantart.com/gall...d-comic-part-1
    Category: drama, fantasy/horror, and a bit of romance.
    (a work-in-progress)

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My only big crit is that on the first page the artist clearly has no idea how to draw children's faces, and drew an adult face of the little girl's body.
    Yeah, and the first time he drew Gambit with his mask, his hairline was way too high. There was alike a foot of forehead before the hair. He got the hang of it as the issue went on, but wow. That looked bad.

I went ahead and grabbed it, as Gambit's always been one of my favorite X-Men, and the Origins one-shots have been pretty decent.

It was nice for me, as I kinda drifted off from X-Men after the "Trial of Gambit" stuff, so while I knew a lot of it from that story-arc, I never saw it expanded.

Did they ever reveal what was in the vial that Gambit got from Sinister as payment? Not in here, obviously, but overall?
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)