Search the Site:
Loading...
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: Who should Archie choose?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Betty

    14 66.67%
  • Veronica

    5 23.81%
  • Other

    2 9.52%
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Anthonynotes's Avatar
    Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    7,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Betty or Veronica?

    Like This Thread!

    Thought this might make for a fun poll... the age-old Archie question: who should Archie choose?

    For me, I'd easily say Betty---her interests are more similar to Archie's, plus she doesn't carry the inherent baggage of being wealthy (and the lifestyle that goes with it, per Veronica's lavish or expensive tastes)...

    -B.

  2. #2
    Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Winner's Circle
    Posts
    14,601
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Oh, who should Archie choose? That's never the question I ask myself. I guess Betty would be better for that red-headed geek, generally. She fits him better, it's just that Veronica is so exciting that it makes it hard for him to commit to her.

    But if you are asking which one I myself like better I am more torn.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

    I'm very humble, too.

  3. #3
    Wonderwall's Avatar
    Wonderwall is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always liked Veronica better, so Archie should quit being a chump, get with her and finally graduate high school

  4. #4
    tb4000 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Screw both of them, and go for the obvious choice.


  5. #5
    Geezil's Avatar
    Geezil is offline Out Here
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Middlesex County, NJ
    Posts
    886
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Other.

    Sabrina.


    (Archie: "She turned me into a newt!")


    (sufficiently theatrical pause as bystanders gape in puzzlement)


    ("I got better...!")


    (apologies as due to those Python guys)
    "Now I can go home and watch television!"

  6. #6
    AlgeaX's Avatar
    AlgeaX is offline Oh, hello?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Underwater Lair
    Posts
    2,305
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
    Screw both of them, and go for the obvious choice.

    Must...not....make.....porn joke!

  7. #7
    Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Winner's Circle
    Posts
    14,601
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's incredibly bad perspective in that drawing. She'd be, what, eight or nine feet tall? How is she holding herself up like that? Are Jughead and Dillon? partially buried in the sand?

    And, yeah, it looks a lot like the opening scene of a Cherry Poptart story, I have to say.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

    I'm very humble, too.

  8. #8
    Miyamoto Musashi's Avatar
    Miyamoto Musashi is offline Sword Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    ......
    Posts
    1,887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Betty: She's the common cute girl who really adores her boyfriend
    Veronica: Rich, bad, too expensive to live with

    He should really choose Betty but Archie is a dope, Betty can handle his clumsiness better than anyone else
    Blogger
    Humans are the most peculiar of the living creatures
    Nowdays I can hardly be surprised

  9. #9
    RayChuang's Avatar
    RayChuang is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    964
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnHopkins View Post
    And, yeah, it looks a lot like the opening scene of a Cherry Poptart story, I have to say.
    Interesting you say that because Larry Welz, the creator of the X-rated Cherry Poptart comics admitted he deliberately copied a lot of the style of Archie comics.

    Alas, you can forget about Cheryl Blossom being a steady girlfriend for Archie nowadays, if what I seen in the Betty & Veronica Double Digest in the last year or so are true. Mind you, I would not be surprised that Blossom gets her own monthly comic series again within 18 months or so....

  10. #10
    JTurner954 is offline Paradigm City, USA
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,909
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I choose Betty. It's been a while but back when I use to read Archie Comics, Betty was always there to help Archie and listen to him. I also recall Betty was always fixing his jalopy and was a good mechanic in general. Betty has brains.

    Veronica always came off as spoiled and only wanted Archie because it was a challenge against Betty and her non-approving father. She's better off with Reggie.

    Cheryl Blossom is a model. That's all I know about her.

  11. #11
    tb4000 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,831
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JTurner954 View Post
    I choose Betty. It's been a while but back when I use to read Archie Comics, Betty was always there to help Archie and listen to him. I also recall Betty was always fixing his jalopy and was a good mechanic in general. Betty has brains.

    Veronica always came off as spoiled and only wanted Archie because it was a challenge against Betty and her non-approving father. She's better off with Reggie.

    Cheryl Blossom is a model. That's all I know about her.
    That's why most of them want each other, period...for the challenge. Reggie only wanted Midge because Moose made her off limits.

  12. #12
    Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Winner's Circle
    Posts
    14,601
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayChuang View Post
    Interesting you say that because Larry Welz, the creator of the X-rated Cherry Poptart comics admitted he deliberately copied a lot of the style of Archie comics.

    Of course. That's the joke. I liked Cherry Poptart better when it more directly aped the Archie style, the later issues get away from that into something that has less clean linework that I don't like as much.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

    I'm very humble, too.

  13. #13
    TheTerror is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Universe A
    Posts
    1,293
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Betty, mainly because I find her cuter, lame I know. I have actually never read an issue or Archie in my life, odd seeing as how Im a giant fan of comics.

  14. #14
    cyde is offline Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Posts
    1,057
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no idea.

  15. #15
    Xurk's Avatar
    Xurk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,559
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Note: Please try to make a decent contribution to this thread if you decide to post your thoughts. If none of the options supplied in the poll fit your choice, please elaborate on an alternative choice. Any posts which don't make an effort to contribute to the discussion will be deleted from here onwards.


    As for myself, I would probably fall choose Betty because she's the better pick, but then run into the "grass is always better on the other side" thing and long for Veronica

    Anton Chigurh
    : What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss? - No Country For Old Men

  16. #16
    Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    3,536
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Isnt Cheryl Blossom Dilton's girlfriend now? At least thats how it was the last time i looked through an archie comic.

  17. #17
    stephane dumas is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,148
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak Masaki View Post
    Isnt Cheryl Blossom Dilton's girlfriend now? At least thats how it was the last time i looked through an archie comic.
    Speaking of the Blossoms, I read then Cheryl Blossom's brother Jason, had once a crush on Betty. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Blossom in which comic issue Jason Blossom had dated Betty?

  18. #18
    Knightmare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ga
    Posts
    1,515
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If I was Archie, I'd pick Betty, she's highly intelligent(I believe she is one of the top students at Riverdale High), a great cook, highly skilled at multiple things and interests and she really does have a great personality and I think that in the long run someone like Betty will make the better life time mate.
    Who knows what is really real..... that's the true question in life.

  19. #19
    Elven Moon's Avatar
    Elven Moon is offline hiya, toonsters
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    ° sulking in my own doom
    Posts
    4,839
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd go with Betty if I were Archie. She's smart, she's sweet, and she was first! Read the first Best of the 40s book and you'll see what I mean. Veronica seems like she'd expect too much of Archie, and would be very difficult to please (I don't think he'd be able to make enough money to finance her shopping sprees, unless they relied on some kind of inheritance). I don't think he'd fit in well with the society she's a part of, either, and her dad hates him.

    I don't really ever dwell on who he should go with, but those are my thoughts
    "You look like an ugly sister's... ugly sister's... ugly doll... thing" - Victor Volt, The Secret Show
    ° Cels of Sugar: Megan's Cel Gallery °
    ° Retro Shoujo °

  20. #20
    Shawn Hopkins's Avatar
    Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Winner's Circle
    Posts
    14,601
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    If I was Archie, I'd pick Betty, she's highly intelligent(I believe she is one of the top students at Riverdale High), a great cook, highly skilled at multiple things and interests and she really does have a great personality and I think that in the long run someone like Betty will make the better life time mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Moon View Post
    I'd go with Betty if I were Archie. She's smart, she's sweet, and she was first! Read the first Best of the 40s book and you'll see what I mean. Veronica seems like she'd expect too much of Archie, and would be very difficult to please (I don't think he'd be able to make enough money to finance her shopping sprees, unless they relied on some kind of inheritance). I don't think he'd fit in well with the society she's a part of, either, and her dad hates him.

    I don't really ever dwell on who he should go with, but those are my thoughts
    These are both very well-reasoned arguments, but, you know, hormones. Veronica has that bad girl thing going on and that's just sexy. I can see how she could make it hard for Archie to choose.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

    I'm very humble, too.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
This community is listed in
the mega forums index project
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO