3 11.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Rud
    Rud is offline Nine Arts Dragon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Umm, Apocalypse is immortal. He can not be killed.
    that doesnt mean he cant be wiped from existence by Omega Effect.

looks like the poll knows whol win, Darkseid
    "I will turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

"Politics always takes vengeance on those that belittle it"

En Sabah Nur is offline Apocalypse, The First One
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hehey View Post
    that doesnt mean he cant be wiped from existence by Omega Effect.
    Yes that does. Immortal means he can not be killed by anything.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

If life gives you lemons, throw them at some one!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

Never Argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

wonderfly is online now In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur
    Yes that does. Immortal means he can not be killed by anything.
    Wasn't Apocalypse kinda killed at the end of the "Blood of Apocalypse" arc in X-Men a couple years back? (though I know that death is never permanent in a comic book)...

Ahiru-kun is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going with Apocalypse. He has so many different powers. All Darkseid really has is the Omega Effect which I think only works if the victim is much weaker than Darkseid or is weak-willed. Otherwise it would cause major damage, and Apocalypse can easily heal from that.
    Hora erat quinque.

Aizen is offline Former 5th Squad Captain.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like I said, if Wonder Woman can deflect the Omega Effect with her bracelets, I am pretty sure Apocalypse will also find a way around it.
    "Admiration is farthest from understanding." -Aizen Souske
    "No one starts from the top."-Aizen Souske

Hades is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by En Sabah Nur View Post
    Umm, Apocalypse is immortal. He can not be killed.
    Tell that to Stryfe in Executioner's Song. Oh, and tell that to Cable in the animated series. Oh yeah, and to the X-Men from the Evolution series.

Darkseid has never been killed at all, just knocked out for a while.

Aizen is offline Former 5th Squad Captain.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Tell that to Stryfe in Executioner's Song. Oh, and tell that to Cable in the animated series. Oh yeah, and to the X-Men from the Evolution series.

We are not talking about who has been killed or hasn't been...
    "Admiration is farthest from understanding." -Aizen Souske
    "No one starts from the top."-Aizen Souske

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Superman stood up to Darkseid's eye beams, cracking his head leaving him for dead in the animated series. His eye beams are not that strong. Apocalypse does not die, he goes into deep sleep, he can and will reemerge at the time of his choosing, like he did in the Blood Of Apocalypse.

Wasn't Apocalypse kinda killed at the end of the "Blood of Apocalypse" arc in X-Men a couple years back?
    He reappeared "from the dead" in Cable & Deadpool and was "killed" at the end of the crossover. But he is immortal, he does not die, he just goes away for a while, much like the Phoenix. You can not kill him, he is Immortal.
    We are not talking about who has been killed or hasn't been...
    Exactly. In the Ultimate Universe, he can mind control every mutant alive, and he can take their power for himself. He is a shape shifter. He has so many powers and abilities I don't even remember them all. It was with his help that Onslaught was destroyed.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Never Argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Robin2099 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Superman stood up to Darkseid's eye beams, cracking his head leaving him for dead in the animated series. His eye beams are not that strong. Apocalypse does not die, he goes into deep sleep, he can and will reemerge at the time of his choosing, like he did in the Blood Of Apocalypse.
    You can't compare a character from the comics with his counterpart in an animated series for the most part. John Stewart and Martian Manhunter are both good examples.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin2099 View Post
    You can't compare a character from the comics with his counterpart in an animated series for the most part. John Stewart and Martian Manhunter are both good examples.
    Hades was giving examples from X-Men Animated series and X-Men evolution, to it was fair game for me.

TwoFaced_Dark24 is offline Naughty incarnate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tell that to Stryfe in Executioner's Song.
    Apocalypse was underpowered and severaly weakened in that storyline.

Ányway, Apoc takes this. Darkseid gets beaten down by Supes alone.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoFaced_Dark24 View Post
    Darkseid gets beaten down by Supes alone.
    Yeah, but in his defense, Superman is widely received as the most powerful person in the DCU. If you take Superman to the limit, even if you don't beat him, you're pretty damn tough.

It's like the Marvel equivalent of saying "Yeah, but he was beaten by Galactus"
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Kazama View Post
    Yeah, but in his defense, Superman is widely received as the most powerful person in the DCU. If you take Superman to the limit, even if you don't beat him, you're pretty damn tough.

It's like the Marvel equivalent of saying "Yeah, but he was beaten by Galactus"
    Superman is not the equivalent of Galactus. Galactus was born before this Universe was created. And Galactus was beaten many times before. He tried to devour Earth, was stopped many times by the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and others. In FF animated series, he was defeated with the help of Thor and Ghost Rider's Penance Stare. His powers were stolen by Doom once. He was recently defeated in Annihilation by Tenebrous The Darkness and Aegis Lady of Sorrows, and latest time he was defeated by Gravity powered up by Epoch.

In the DC/Marvel Darkseid vs Galactus crossover, Darkseid tries to use his omega effect to erase Galascus, but he failed, he could not erase Silver Surfer as well. Darkseid was beaten by Galactus, he never stood a chance.
    As it was previously mentioned both Superman and Wonder Woman stood up to his eye blasts.
    So yea, Darkseid's eye beams are not all powerful, He would fail to erase Apocalypse as well. Apocalypse would win.

Jin Kazama is offline Hawkguy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasn't comparing the two directly. It was more of a power structure comparison. That loosing to one of the most powerful people in the DCU is like loosing to one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U. It wasn't my intent to say that Superman could take down Galactus or anything.
    Last Read: Spider-Men
    Last Watched: You're Next

Profiling My Quest To Replay Every Game I Own
    Last Game Played: Yoshi (NES)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Kazama View Post
    I wasn't comparing the two directly. It was more of a power structure comparison. That loosing to one of the most powerful people in the DCU is like loosing to one of the most powerful people in the Marvel U. It wasn't my intent to say that Superman could take down Galactus or anything.
    But what im saying is that there are several beings that stood up to Darkseid's Omega effect, and lived. No reason to beliave an Immortal Apocalypse can't be one of them.

sdp
    sdp is offline God
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    VS threads are mostly irrelevant especially in the comics forum because of how different a characters power may be by who is writing him. I have to admit that I'm not familiar with any of the characters too much but I'd think darkseid could win, I mean hasn't the X-men stopped apocalypse before? If they can do it I think darkseid could too. Winning doesn't have to mean "kill" just defeat.

And is Galactus really that strong? hasn't he been defeated by the F4? It would make me think he isn't, could he beat superboy prime? Superboy prime is essentially as strong as the golden age superman that could move planets without problem, he was basically invincible.

TwoFaced_Dark24 is offline Naughty incarnate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by {[-(sdp)-]} View Post
    I mean hasn't the X-men stopped apocalypse before?
    Stopped?

They have foiled his schemes, but they have never really defeated him in combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by {[-(sdp)-]} View Post
    VS threads are mostly irrelevant especially in the comics forum because of how different a characters power may be by who is writing him. I have to admit that I'm not familiar with any of the characters too much but I'd think darkseid could win, I mean hasn't the X-men stopped apocalypse before? If they can do it I think darkseid could too. Winning doesn't have to mean "kill" just defeat.
    Apocalypse's plans were stopped, he was never defeated.

And is Galactus really that strong? hasn't he been defeated by the F4? It would make me think he isn't, could he beat superboy prime? Superboy prime is essentially as strong as the golden age superman that could move planets without problem, he was basically invincible.
    Galactus is the end of all things. He is not powerful, he is Power. He devours worlds. He is not good or evil, he is part of this Universe's existence, much like the beings Death, Oblivion, Eternity, Living Tribunal and Infinity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2