Search the Site:
Follow Us:

View Poll Results: How many severed heads would you give for this mini-series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • How sweet! New Freddy/Jason Story Meat!!!

1 12.50%
  • Makes me want to pull out my Boom Stick!!!

6 75.00%
  • A Hack and Slash of a good time!

1 12.50%
  • It's slightly better than a sleepover at Camp Crystal Lake...

0 0%
  • It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash #1-6 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!

And now for something different...

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash #1

Written by James Kuhoric
    Art by Jason Craig
    Covers by J. Scott Campbell

The Story:

Don't miss the first two issues of a blood-soaked 6-part miniseries drawing together three of horror's greatest characters! In the bloody wake of the hit movie Freddy vs. Jason, Freddy Krueger finds himself clinging to the last shred of fear that allows him to exist…inside the demented mind of Jason Voorhees. Unwillingly bonded together, the murderous pair must seek out the Necronomicon, the only solution to their mutual torment. Nothing can stop this unholy alliance -- except the wisecracking, chainsaw-wielding Ash, aimed at destroying the Book of the Dead once and for all!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

Xurk is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the....?! This sounds like a riot, I hadn't heard of it, but I'm going to see if I can pick it up

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great start to the series, but, did they REALLY have to kill off Laurie & Will? Can no one from the NOES/Ft13th series ever live happily ever?

ReijiAzuma is offline Gah, cuteness! My weakness!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Great start to the series, but, did they REALLY have to kill off Laurie & Will? Can no one from the NOES/Ft13th series ever live happily ever?
    Do Alice Johnson, Maggie Bourroughs, Tommy Jarvis, Megan Garris, Tina Shepard, Jessica Kimble, and Rennie Wickham count?

Robin2099 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That was planned in the original treatment for the movie before Sam Raimi shot it down. Anyway, I was planning on buying this but my comic shop was actually sold out. Kinda surprising.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReijiAzuma View Post
    Do Alice Johnson, Maggie Bourroughs, Tommy Jarvis, Megan Garris, Tina Shepard, Jessica Kimble, and Rennie Wickham count?
    I want to count Alice, but 'Freddy's Dead' (the original script, anyway, when 'John Doe' was actually refered to as Jacob), killed her off.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can tell this is a movie script transformed into a comic book. It does indeed read like a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason"...although I agree that the cast of the prior film was killed off rather unexpectedly at the start of the comic. But that's pretty standard, (for a Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movie).

Freddy's being forced to sit on the sidelines for most of this issue, but hopefully he'll play a larger role as the mini-series moves on...

Xurk is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a slow start to the mini-series in my opinion, as after the initial opening scene, the rest of the issue kind of dragged out. But it's not that bad, a series has to start somewhere and have some time to set something up. I am interested in what's going to come next

The part where Will got killed and his body was discovered felt so corny it almost had me laughing, but that was cool because it was a scene straight out of a horror movie, and those type of movies tend to be corny every now and then!

It's too bad Ash didn't show up until the final pages of this issue, as after reading him in Marvel Zombies VS Army of Darkness I was interested enough to pick up this mini, but I'm sure he'll be included enough when the time comes.

Michael24 is offline Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is this adapted from the proposed film sequel's script, or something new entirely? Either way I had no idea this was happening. Would love to read it (I agree, I don't see the need to kill Will and Laurie; either work them in or just leave them out,) but I'll probably just wait for an eventual TPB since it's already started.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Currently Watching: Arrow, Bates Motel, The Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Unforgettable.

Invidente 7 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.......oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    You can tell this is a movie script transformed into a comic book. It does indeed read like a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason"...although I agree that the cast of the prior film was killed off rather unexpectedly at the start of the comic. But that's pretty standard, (for a Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movie).

Freddy's being forced to sit on the sidelines for most of this issue, but hopefully he'll play a larger role as the mini-series moves on...
    Oh believe me, he DOES has a larger role in the plot, you just wait and see

mookie75 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Freddy and Jason, eh? Pikachu, I choose you!!!!!"

Oh, you meant a different Ash..........

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Invidente 7
    Oh believe me, he DOES has a larger role in the plot, you just wait and see
    Umm, just curious, but how do you know? Have you seen a preview, or read the script for this movie/comic? In truth, I'm sure Freddy will play a larger role in later issues...the "Freddy vs. Jason" movie also started out with Jason in the spotlight, but with Freddy taking center stage later on...

Invidente 7 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hehehe

Umm, just curious, but how do you know? Have you seen a preview, or read the script for this movie/comic? In truth, I'm sure Freddy will play a larger role in later issues...the "Freddy vs. Jason" movie also started out with Jason in the spotlight, but with Freddy taking center stage later on...
    I read the treatment for the movie, and since I saw that everything was adapted from the draft I'm quite sure that freddy WILL have a larger role later on, you just wait and see

Sandoz is offline Thin Man Fan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, it's part of the standard slasher movie formula that the surviving character(s) die in the beginning of a sequel (see also: Ft13 pt.II, Scream 3, Hostel Part II, and the worst of the lot, Halloween: Resurrection). It's not a fresh or new twist, as even Ash's opening narration noted how stupid and contrived Laurie and Will's return to Crystal Lake was, but it's become part of the mythos.
    "As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness that was very pleasurable, until I realized that it wasn't a nectarine at all, but a HUMAN HEAD."
    ~Jack Handey

Itchy is offline Scratchy's enemy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad Will and Lori got killed of, they were so annoying in FVSJ.
    Why do they have to use the Frankenstein-look-a-like design for Jason in the comic as well? It was bad enough to look at in the movie.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Itchy
    I'm glad Will and Lori got killed of, they were so annoying in FVSJ.
    Why do they have to use the Frankenstein-look-a-like design for Jason in the comic as well? It was bad enough to look at in the movie.
    Umm, what other design for Jason has there been? Besides the creepy boy that rises up out of the lake at the end of the original Friday the 13th movie...

Itchy is offline Scratchy's enemy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Umm, what other design for Jason has there been? Besides the creepy boy that rises up out of the lake at the end of the original Friday the 13th movie...
    In part 2 he has Elephant man-like thing going, a sack over his head and a pair of overalls. In part 3 he gets a green shirt and the trusty hockeymask. In part 4 the mask is bloody and damaged due to begin axed in the previous film. Part 5 didn't really have much do with Jason so I'm excluding this one. In part 6 he is more decayed and zombie-looking with dirtier clothes. He also has only one eye now because of the injury that previously killed him. In part 7 his body is very decomposed with exposed skeletal parts and shredded clothes. He's nearly a skeleton in this one. In part 8 he still has a clothes similar to the ones from the previous film, but less torn up. His new mask is a bit yellow as well. In the ninth film his hockeymask is in very bad condition, with acid burns and cutmarks. It has nearly grown to his now burnt and swollen head. In the last film before Freddy VS Jason; Jason X his skin is less decayed and the shape and size of his mask is much more different than in any of the masks he worn earlier.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, but your comment is that he has a "Frankenstein look a like" design in "Freddy vs. Jason" and in this comic...and I'm saying he's always kinda looked like a Frankenstein-esque monster to me. Unless you're simply saying he should be more decayed, (skeletal) in appearance, but really, they can only go that route so far before having to turn him into a CGI monster....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The 2nd issue is out!

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash #2

Written by James Kuhoric
    Art by Jason Craig
    Cover on issue #2 by Eric Powell

The Story:

Heads will fly as Jason and Freddy lay siege to Crystal Lake's newest S-Mart, where Ash and the rest of the gang guard the Necronomicon with their very lives. Will Freddy free himself from his hellish prison, or will Ash finally fulfill his destiny? It's a machete-swinging, boomstick-firing brawl as only Wildstorm and Dynamite can deliver!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This issue felt a bit rushed for some reason. Ash gets introduced officially to the plot with this issue, but it sure seems like he's rushing through the motions this issue.

Ash arrives, Ash rushes to old lady only to get nearly arrested by the police, Ash flirting with fellow store employees, Ash rushes off to get Necronomicon...and all the while, Jason kills and kills again. I just get the feeling this would flow a bit better if it had been a movie as was intended.

And yeah, I'm kinda getting tired of Freddy just sitting on the sidelines...I think things will get better once he steps up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast