View Poll Results: How many severed heads would you give for this mini-series?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • How sweet! New Freddy/Jason Story Meat!!!

1 12.50%
  • Makes me want to pull out my Boom Stick!!!

6 75.00%
  • A Hack and Slash of a good time!

1 12.50%
  • It's slightly better than a sleepover at Camp Crystal Lake...

0 0%
  • It's like a nightmare I can't wake up from!

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash #1-6 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    And now for something different...

Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash #1

Written by James Kuhoric
    Art by Jason Craig
    Covers by J. Scott Campbell

The Story:

Don't miss the first two issues of a blood-soaked 6-part miniseries drawing together three of horror's greatest characters! In the bloody wake of the hit movie Freddy vs. Jason, Freddy Krueger finds himself clinging to the last shred of fear that allows him to exist…inside the demented mind of Jason Voorhees. Unwillingly bonded together, the murderous pair must seek out the Necronomicon, the only solution to their mutual torment. Nothing can stop this unholy alliance -- except the wisecracking, chainsaw-wielding Ash, aimed at destroying the Book of the Dead once and for all!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Xurk is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What the....?! This sounds like a riot, I hadn't heard of it, but I'm going to see if I can pick it up

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great start to the series, but, did they REALLY have to kill off Laurie & Will? Can no one from the NOES/Ft13th series ever live happily ever?

ReijiAzuma is offline Gah, cuteness! My weakness!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Great start to the series, but, did they REALLY have to kill off Laurie & Will? Can no one from the NOES/Ft13th series ever live happily ever?
    Do Alice Johnson, Maggie Bourroughs, Tommy Jarvis, Megan Garris, Tina Shepard, Jessica Kimble, and Rennie Wickham count?

Robin2099 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    That was planned in the original treatment for the movie before Sam Raimi shot it down. Anyway, I was planning on buying this but my comic shop was actually sold out. Kinda surprising.

Tobias is offline Who you gonna call?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ReijiAzuma View Post
    Do Alice Johnson, Maggie Bourroughs, Tommy Jarvis, Megan Garris, Tina Shepard, Jessica Kimble, and Rennie Wickham count?
    I want to count Alice, but 'Freddy's Dead' (the original script, anyway, when 'John Doe' was actually refered to as Jacob), killed her off.

wonderfly is offline In the not too distant future
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    You can tell this is a movie script transformed into a comic book. It does indeed read like a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason"...although I agree that the cast of the prior film was killed off rather unexpectedly at the start of the comic. But that's pretty standard, (for a Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movie).

Freddy's being forced to sit on the sidelines for most of this issue, but hopefully he'll play a larger role as the mini-series moves on...

The Toonzone Channel! (The Ultimate Fantasy Schedule List thread)!

And check out the Fun and Games forum for other current games threads!

Xurk is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was a slow start to the mini-series in my opinion, as after the initial opening scene, the rest of the issue kind of dragged out. But it's not that bad, a series has to start somewhere and have some time to set something up. I am interested in what's going to come next

The part where Will got killed and his body was discovered felt so corny it almost had me laughing, but that was cool because it was a scene straight out of a horror movie, and those type of movies tend to be corny every now and then!

It's too bad Ash didn't show up until the final pages of this issue, as after reading him in Marvel Zombies VS Army of Darkness I was interested enough to pick up this mini, but I'm sure he'll be included enough when the time comes.

Michael24 is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is this adapted from the proposed film sequel's script, or something new entirely? Either way I had no idea this was happening. Would love to read it (I agree, I don't see the need to kill Will and Laurie; either work them in or just leave them out,) but I'll probably just wait for an eventual TPB since it's already started.
    LiveJournal | My Kevin Conroy Fan Page
    Current TV Favorites: Arrow, Bates Motel, Big Bang Theory, Blue Bloods, Elementary, Family Guy, Justified, Longmire, Ripper Street, Sleepy Hollow, Toy Hunter, Unforgettable.

Invidente 7 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.......oh yes

Quote Originally Posted by wonderfly View Post
    You can tell this is a movie script transformed into a comic book. It does indeed read like a sequel to "Freddy vs. Jason"...although I agree that the cast of the prior film was killed off rather unexpectedly at the start of the comic. But that's pretty standard, (for a Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street movie).

Freddy's being forced to sit on the sidelines for most of this issue, but hopefully he'll play a larger role as the mini-series moves on...
    Oh believe me, he DOES has a larger role in the plot, you just wait and see

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast