Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supergirl #1 - 5 "Power" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    The new Supergirl gets her own ongoing series!

SUPERGIRL #1

Written by: Jeph Loeb
    Art by: Ian Churchill and Norm Rapmund

Superstar writer Jeph Loeb and the red-hot art team of Ian Churchill & Norm Rapmund join forces to deliver a new monthly series spinning out of the sell-out run in SUPERMAN/BATMAN featuring the adventures of Superman's cousin from Krypton, the one and only Kara Zor-el! Kara's story begins with the same brand of high-flying adventure as she begins her whirlwind tour of the DCU! And the first hero she squares off against is Power Girl! Before this tale guest-starring the JSA is complete, secrets behind the origins of both will be revealed!

Comments? What are your thoughts?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

PaQ
    PaQ is offline Believe it!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I always admit when I'm wrong, and this will have to be one of those times. I was turned off by the art in the S/B (Supergirl #0) issue and wasn't expecting to follow the series past #1, but after reading it I think my mind may have changed. The art worked fine in this issue and the interesting connection between Power Girl & Supergirl got my attention. I'll have to find a way to continue to read this book.

Amongst the Leaves

"Are you still alive or what?"

rggkjg1 is offline Batman v Superman
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SUPERGIRL #2 was another great issue here. the titans seemed a little out of character though. i'm goin through a supergirl "fix" here and found some issues by peter david in the 50 box. good stuff. if only i can find a copy of the movie....
    MICHAEL KEATON IS BIRDMAN
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    OFFICIAL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

James Meeley is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just thought I'd pass along word to you folks around here, that I put up a review of Supergirl #2 at my blog (which is linked in my sig below). So, make sure to check it out and let me know what you think (either here or at my blog).
    - James Meeley

The Comic Asylum: Where we're crazy about comics!
    http://thecomicasylum.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SUPERGIRL #3 is out and it's another good page turner.

i could not believe the number of cover variants this week.i knew about the neal adams cover for all star superman, but it would have been nice if they announced the supergirl variant. i feel indifferent about the cover variant concept, but im getting tired of having variant covers of every issue of supergirl.
    Last edited by rggkjg1; 11-17-2005 at 11:12 PM.
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

(supposedly no relation to the Hanna-Barbera Birdman. or maybe it's a DARK, SERIOUS & REALISTIC take on the Hanna-Barbera Birdman!)

Figaro is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You'd think people would be more vocal about the variant issue coming out in the comic industry again. I did think that Turner's cover was better than Churchill's though. There's something about his linework that shines.

By thy side,

Figaro
    "Sound! It's part of everything. And everything has its own sound, its own "song," if you will." --Shriek in BATMAN BEYOND #5

http://figaro-8.deviantart.com

http://www.comicsintheclassroom.net
    Check out my "Cat's Meow" column!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SUPERGIRL #4 has arrived! wait, where have i heard this before? this seems very familar." "they did it in superman 3". not that this is a bad thing. i enjoyed this issue very much.
    Last edited by rggkjg1; 02-10-2006 at 02:55 PM.
    OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER
    (R rated language)

Singularity is offline Dullard.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Supergirl #4 is awful. Awful. Loeb has written Supergirl to be a completely unstoppable force, resulting in her beating up everyone in the DCU. #1 has her beating up Power Girl. #2 has her beating up Superboy and the Teen Titans. #3 has her her beating up the Outsiders. Now, #4 has her beating up the JLA and Lex Luthor. Enough is enough. Supergirl is simply a terrible Mary Sue character with a body anroexics strive for. The plot is something that came right out of bad fanfiction; Luthor brings out Supergirl's dark side through black kryptonite obtained from Darkseid, who supposed to be occupied with being stuck behind the Source Wall.

Simply put, everything is awful. Do not buy this book.

DR.MID-NITE is offline The Original
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Supergirl #5

So which Supergirl is legit?? I am glad they didn't make her evil. But, it was cool to see her confrontation with the big 3. And I enjoyed Superman's response to evil Kara when she claimed to be stronger than him.

Nightflower is offline Floral Mod Extraordinaire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm sorry, I can't take it anymore. The drawing of Supergirl's torso seriously disturbs me.
    Nightflower
    "No amount of careful planning can ever replace dumb luck."
    http://nightflower.sixie.net
    Updated 2006-06-27

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast