0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

X-Men #182-187 "The Blood of Apocalypse" Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Apocalypse has returned!

X-MEN #182

WRITER: Peter Milligan
    PENCILS: Salvador Larroca

THE STORY: APOCALYPSE RISING Part 1 (of 5)! When his people need him the most, he shall return! Lord Apocalypse is here to lead mutantkind into the future of the earth and only the strongest can survive! Plus, just wait until you see his new Horsemen! Even we were surprised!

Comments?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It looks like there was a major coloring error in this issue during the scene where Rogue is talking to Pulse. They talk about how he's touching her arm and not being absorbed but she has her costume on rendering the whole conversation quite pointless. It does seem that Larroca has refined his art some and it looks a bit tighter but the coloring on it is still awful. The scene toward the end between Bobby, Alex, and Scott looks just terrible. Thankfully that scene led into a pretty excellent cliffhanger. It's cool to see Apocalypse back I have to admit even if Milligan is playing up the silliness of it just a bit. This looks to be a pretty solid story though.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Fett One is offline Jedi Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also noticed that mistake in the scene with Rogue and Pulse. So far this is looking to be an intersting story.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

X-Men #182-186 "The Blood of Apocalypse" Talkback (Spoilers)

The return of Apocalypse!

X-MEN #183

THE STORY: APOCALYPSE RISING Part 2 (of 5)! When his people need him the most, he shall return! Lord Apocalypse is here to lead mutantkind into the future of the earth and only the strongest can survive! Plus, just wait until you see his new Horsemen! Even we were surprised!

Thoughts? What are your comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I both liked and disliked this issue. I like Milligan's somewhat looney take on Apocalypse. You can just tell Apocalypse isn't playing with a full deck of cards and that adds an unpredictable edge to his character. I do hope they get around how his character would be alive seeing as how he was killed off a few years back. But I really like how Apocalypse is being handled here and it's nice to see him back. I just wish they'd drop that "A" from his belt. I also found is appropriate how short Cyclops was with Val and the Sentinels. The X-Men are backed into such a corner here.

And while I like the idea idea of Gambit joining Apocalypse (it finally gives his character direction after being so aimless for over a decade) the reasoning here is weak. "They don't listen to me, I feel relegated." That's it?

Fett One is offline Jedi Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also hope that they reveal how Apocalypse came back from the dead. This issue really made Apocalypse look like he lost a few of his marbles, which could make things interesting later.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

X-Men #182-186 "The Blood of Apocalypse" Talkback (Spoilers)

X-MEN #184

THE STORY: “THE BLOOD OF APOCALPYSE” Part 3 of 5. Apocalypse has returned and declared war on humanity. The X-Men are against the ropes, almost at their end. Then the unthinkable happens. A new horseman joins his ranks; an all-too-familiar horseman that will leave the X-Men shattered forever! (and we're not just talking about this guy on the cover!)

Thoughts? What are your comments?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While the whole Gambit subplot isn't as strong as it could be the whole story overall is pretty good. I like how Milligan is portraying Apocalypse here. Apocalypse is starting to get a bit distracted with his conscience and it's starting to affect his judgment and its pretty interesting to see what is usually a one-dimensional character actually become interesting and actually unpredictable. I still hope he and Cyclops face off against each other before the story is over.

That "A" on his suit is still really goofy too. I wish they'd just drop that.

RAINMAN is offline Kikoutei Densetsu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ain`t comic characters supposed to be goofy?

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAINMAN
    Ain`t comic characters supposed to be goofy?
    Not when they're supposed to be built as a serious threat. Seriously man, what made you think someone like Apocalypse should be goofy?
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast