• *1/2

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Avengers Annual #1 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    NEW AVENGERS ANNUAL #1

WRITER:
    Brian Michael Bendis
    PENCILS: Olivier Coipel

THE STORY: AVENGERS TOWER becomes the ultimate battleground as the New Avengers are targeted by one of their most fiercest new enemies yet. The all new ADAPTOID has come to take them down... and wait till you see who it is. Plus- An avenger gets married!!! All this and the reuniting of House of M mega-team of Brian Bendis and Olivier Copiel.

Comments? What are your thoughts?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

halinar is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was pretty unimpressed with this. So we get a new villain who just gets whacked by the end of the book... so it's all a wash out anyway.

It did crack me up at just how out of place Logan is in this book. How many lines did he have anyway? I just kept thinking of Tony saying that he was brought in to do the things they couldn't do... like sit around on a couch I guess.

If Civil War doesn't turn this title around it's going the way of the dodo for me.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halinar
    So we get a new villain who just gets whacked by the end of the book... so it's all a wash out anyway.
    Actually, it's more like a tied loose end from the Savage Land arc. I thought it was a cool, mindless super-hero action scene.
    Mama
    Just killed a man
    Put a gun against his head
    Pulled the trigger
    Now he's dead
    --Queen

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was surprised to see her back having completely forgotten about her character. I assumed she would just linger on for years and years but she made for quite the foe in this issue. I thought it was fun though I wish it focused a bit more on the wedding than it did. The super-hero action was fun to watch but I would've liked to have seen more of the wedding and the festivities around it. It still made for a fun read though. Being a fan of New Avengers it was a nice nod to both the characters and the readers I thought. Not a great issue but a fun one. The writing was good and the art was good though a bit uneven at times. It was standard New Avengers fare.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Fett One is offline Jedi Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought that was a good battle. Tony use of his previois armors was neat and a good way to explain why he keeps them.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fett One
    I thought that was a good battle. Tony use of his previois armors was neat and a good way to explain why he keeps them.
    I think Tony being able to control all those armors at once is a little silly. If he can control the armor without being inside of it, why risk getting into it at all? I mean, wouldn't it just make more sense to operate it from a secure location so that if the armor is destroyed, he wouldn't be harmed?
    Mama
    Just killed a man
    Put a gun against his head
    Pulled the trigger
    Now he's dead
    --Queen

Ed Liu is offline Come to our macaroni party
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Howdy,

Quote Originally Posted by guerillacropoli
    I think Tony being able to control all those armors at once is a little silly. If he can control the armor without being inside of it, why risk getting into it at all? I mean, wouldn't it just make more sense to operate it from a secure location so that if the armor is destroyed, he wouldn't be harmed?
    Probably for the same reason why it's not a great idea to get rid of all the pilots in the Air Force to replace them with unmanned aerial vehicles. No matter how good your tech is, nothing beats a pair of eyeballs looking at a situation to judge how to handle it. The risks of trashing something you shouldn't because something looked weird through the camera far outweighs the personal risk to a pilot. Still, that explanation just begs the question of why Iron Man isn't always flanked by at least 2 more remote-piloted suits just so the bad guys are never really sure which one has Tony in it.

On top of that, though, I think Tony probably doesn't go all-remote because suiting up and jetting around is a blast, and he doesn't want to give that up. I wouldn't. The geek in me also guesses that the remote-pilot capability is something he added to older suits later once he got the tech right.

I think past history had it that Tony kept around his old armors just so he'd have spares if the current set was damaged. Plus, it looked cool to see him tinkering in the lab with a pile of different Iron Man suits in the background.

-- Ed/Ace
    Edward Liu | Disney Forum moderator | Toon Zone News Interviews Editor

"It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us into trouble. It's the things we know that just ain't so."
    -- Josh Billings