Search the Site:
Follow Us:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    James Harvey is offline Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman: 10 Cent Adventure Talkback

Like This Thread!

So - who read this really cheap book (and I don't mean that inna bad way )? All I can say is....I can't wait for the storyline to kick in! Comments?!

The Guard is offline No Matter The Cost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I expect from Rucka. A great mystery. But...I'm gonna say it right now.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Ra's Al Ghul

kid_flash is offline Speedy Teen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this. The writing was good as always (Sasha's probably my favorite new character), but I think the art really shined here. Burchett's the man, too bad he doesn't have a regular gig.

As for who the murderer is, your guess is as good as mine (I'm just doubting the whole Ra's theory). Based off GK #24, I'm inclined to say Batman (not Bruce Wayne, Batman), but that doesn't work as well since Bruce dumped Vesper.

Jimmy Kustes is offline Duncanzits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got it for free so I was impressed!

Clayface is offline Molecularly Malleable Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With my 20% discount, I got it for a whopping 8 cents! Woo-hoo!

Anyway, as usual, another good issue from Rucka. I'm pleased with it, and I can't wait to read this story - I was wondering who they were going to kill off, and I didn't really see this coming (though I suppose I should have).

"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds
    And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

"Be ashamed to die unless you have won some victory for humanity." -Horace Mann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SPOILERS

I was wondering why they brought back Vesper - to KILL her! I remember the backlash to that character when she firts premiered back in 1996. Man..people really disliked her...and this will definatly please alot of fans. Here are a couple of thoughts:

-Vesper's eyes are dialated, meaning that unless she choked herself or hit herself repeatedly with a blunt object - it had to be someone else. (I think she was done in with repeated hits to the head with the telephone)
    -Who could bypass Manor security to do this?
    -It's too coincidential the cops arrive just as Bruce does - that just yells frame job

Anyone by more than one copy to pass out to other people?
    Last edited by James Harvey; 01-05-2002 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell yeah I bought one more copy! In fact, I bought 29 extra copies to pass 'em out. Now here's hoping people will take them

A thought on the frame job (and this is just totally in support of my split personality theory): Batman could've been in control of Bruce's body during the murder, and Bruce could've called it in (that sorta thing happens sometimes in real life). But that still doesn't answer the question of how the heck Vesper got INTO the manor in the first place. Maybe she was trying to make ammends when...BAM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. Here are MY observations and deductions...

Vesper's eyes are dialated, meaning that unless she choked herself or hit herself repeatedly with a blunt object - it had to be someone else.

I think she may have used the phone after being attacked. There's no blood matted in her hair or on the phone. The eyes, could be just Burchett's style, his way of showing fear, or lifelessness...

Also, there is blood coming out of her mouth, indicating internal injuries, possibly from a gunshot wound.

Who could bypass Manor security to do this?

Cain. Shiva. Someone who knows Ra's...

It's too coincidential the cops arrive just as Bruce does - that just yells frame job

Well...since they break down the door with no hesitation, someone tipped them off, or called for help. Major frame job.

You'll notice she wasn't wearing any shoes either, which means she was either brought there or had been there for a while. When we hear her 9-1-1 call in BATGIRL next week, we'll know more...

Batman is too competent to have done this. He would never let Vesper make a 9-1-1 call. She may have been shot or something and left to die...Batman would never do that.

Batman does not kill.

He's being framed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You forget. Bruce Wayne doesn't let Batman kill. Batman would kill at the drop of a hat. Maybe Vesper got too close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think it's Vesper since we followed her during the entire night. They make it look like Bruce could've done when he left to help the jumper (or something). But the phone call is what gets me. Could Bruce Wayne killed Vesper and Batman, in a split personality fit, called the police??

Joe Tully is offline I want the toilet seat.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think that Bruce/Batman did it. I'm not sure that Bruce has a split personality, though that was kind of hinted at in GK #24, it's open to interpretation. Personally, I think that it was supposed to reflect conflicting emotions rather than personalities, but I'll agree that split personality is a possibility. Other than rare occasions like GK #24 and, from what I've read here, EGO, it hasn't really seemed like there's a split personality, especially because Bruce is always aware of what he does as Batman, and vice versa. If one ever did something that the other was not aware of, then I might consider it to be possible that one could have committed the murder without the other's knowledge. And neither Batman nor Bruce kills, so even if he did have a split-personality, I don't think that one personality would have done it. I also doubt that Bruce/Batman is dumb enough to leave a corpse where it would be easily found, in his own home no less, so I am pretty sure that Bruce/Batman really didn't commit the murder. Everything is pointing towards a frame-up. (Plus, IMO, a split-personality explanation for the murder would just be a little too simple. I'm expecting something more complicated from the Bat-team.)

Interestingly, both Hatter and Scarecrow were shown to be incarcerated, indicating that their versions of mind control/alteration couldn't have been involved.

I also think that this really was Vesper. Batman stopped by to look at her earlier in the night, but after that, anything could have happened to her. I think that the earlier appearance was to bring Batman newbies up to date.

It's too hard to tell much else from the comic, so I guess we'll have to wait until more info is given to us in the other comics. I am kind of tempted to try to analyze the corpse as some of you did, but I'll wait until they mention forensic reports, which I imagine they'll do eventually. However, I will guess that we will probably see a gunshot wound that matches Bruce's gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really don't think DC would actually let Batman kill. It was a great issue...but I'm clueless as to what the hell happened and who killed her. I'm thinking suicide, because I really doubt Bruce or Sasha did it...
    Come visit my community... http://communities.msn.com/MusicMoviesJayandSilentBobandMore

SILENT BOB: You know, there's a million fine-looking women in the world, but they don't all bring you lasagna at work, most of them just cheat on you.

Good Ol' Batmanuel! is offline Dressing for success?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Batman: 10 Cent Adventure Talkback

Originally posted by Dick Grayson
    So - who read this really cheap book (and I don't mean that inna bad way )? All I can say is....I can't wait for the storyline to kick in! Comments?!
    Man... I really wanna see this comic! Where I live, I have to travel at least half an hour to get to a comic store, and I hate that store, too! And I'm not willing to drive an hour and a half to Toronto to get to the good stores.

Anyway, I read your article on the start page about how some Canadian retailers are selling them at the American price or less (joy) and you mentioned two stores in Moncton: Gamezilla and Mad City Comics. When I lived there (3.5 years ago), my favorite comic shop was Wilkie's on Main St., followed by the shop at the back of the United Bookstore on Mountain Rd. Are these places still around? I'm thinking that Wilkie's was bought out... There's a really funny story about that place, but I'll shut up now.

Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really liked the book. I read the Marvel will be copying this stunt with the Fantastic Four in later 2002. (they should do it with Spidey) I found the art by Burchett to be really, really good. Plus it was very accessible. I read the main Batman titles and the animated stuff, and I thought that this is a good way for fans to get interested again. It has my interets piqued. Aside from Amaazing Spider-Man #37, I am really looking forward to the next Bruce Wayne: Murderer part.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Batman: 10 Cent Adventure Talkback

Wilkie's is gone, unfortunatly. It was closed almost two years ago. It was right besides Reid's Newwstands and just never got business for some reason. Halley's Comics, behind the United Book Store, is still open and doing good business. The store has been renamed Mad City Comics. I've had an account at that store since KNIGHT'SQUEST, and they're still doing a great job at that place.

JL Man is offline The King has returned!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was an awesome issue and I really have no idea who killed Vesper, but I don't think it's Ra's. How long have she and Sasha been in the comics? Is anyone making talkbacks for Murderer part 1-3?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by JL Man
    This was an awesome issue and I really have no idea who killed Vesper, but I don't think it's Ra's. How long have she and Sasha been in the comics? Is anyone making talkbacks for Murderer part 1-3?
    It can't be Ra's. It just wouldn't make sense. He focuse son world domination. And he has respect for the Dark Knight. Something like this is beneath him. I say it's Jason Todd.

And I'll start a Bruce Wayne: Murderer/Fugitive talkback thread ASAP!

JL Man is offline The King has returned!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yesssss!!! I'm not the only one that thinks it's Jason Todd! His outfit in the middle of the book made me so suspiscious.

Joker85 is offline Clown Prince
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, i can't believe that i just payed a dime for a comic. This is so cool!! Anyways, I loved the story and the art. It was cool that it was all in Sasha's POV. Overall, an excellent starting point for the Murderer/Fugitive Storyline. Did any one else have problems getting their copy? I got they last one before they sold out and I had to practically fight it out to get it!!
    " You always take shots from folks who just don't get the joke!"
    Joker- Mad Love

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Jason Todd is dead. The old adage is "If you don't see a body, they aren't dead." But we SAW Jason's body. And he was dead. So I doubt seriously it's him...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast