Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    James Harvey is online now Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Batman: 10 Cent Adventure Talkback

Like This Thread!
    So - who read this really cheap book (and I don't mean that inna bad way )? All I can say is....I can't wait for the storyline to kick in! Comments?!

The Guard is offline No Matter The Cost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What I expect from Rucka. A great mystery. But...I'm gonna say it right now.

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

POSSIBLE SPOILER

Ra's Al Ghul

kid_flash is offline Speedy Teen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed this. The writing was good as always (Sasha's probably my favorite new character), but I think the art really shined here. Burchett's the man, too bad he doesn't have a regular gig.

As for who the murderer is, your guess is as good as mine (I'm just doubting the whole Ra's theory). Based off GK #24, I'm inclined to say Batman (not Bruce Wayne, Batman), but that doesn't work as well since Bruce dumped Vesper.

Jimmy Kustes is offline Duncanzits
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got it for free so I was impressed!

Clayface is offline Molecularly Malleable Mod
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With my 20% discount, I got it for a whopping 8 cents! Woo-hoo!

Anyway, as usual, another good issue from Rucka. I'm pleased with it, and I can't wait to read this story - I was wondering who they were going to kill off, and I didn't really see this coming (though I suppose I should have).

"With my feet upon the ground, I lose myself between the sounds
    And open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin.
    I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random, or what ever will bewilder me.
    And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
    We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
    Spiral out. Keep going"
    -Tool, Lateralus

"Be ashamed to die unless you have won some victory for humanity." -Horace Mann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SPOILERS

I was wondering why they brought back Vesper - to KILL her! I remember the backlash to that character when she firts premiered back in 1996. Man..people really disliked her...and this will definatly please alot of fans. Here are a couple of thoughts:

-Vesper's eyes are dialated, meaning that unless she choked herself or hit herself repeatedly with a blunt object - it had to be someone else. (I think she was done in with repeated hits to the head with the telephone)
    -Who could bypass Manor security to do this?
    -It's too coincidential the cops arrive just as Bruce does - that just yells frame job

Anyone by more than one copy to pass out to other people?
    Last edited by James Harvey; 01-05-2002 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell yeah I bought one more copy! In fact, I bought 29 extra copies to pass 'em out. Now here's hoping people will take them

A thought on the frame job (and this is just totally in support of my split personality theory): Batman could've been in control of Bruce's body during the murder, and Bruce could've called it in (that sorta thing happens sometimes in real life). But that still doesn't answer the question of how the heck Vesper got INTO the manor in the first place. Maybe she was trying to make ammends when...BAM!

The Guard is offline No Matter The Cost
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ok. Here are MY observations and deductions...

Vesper's eyes are dialated, meaning that unless she choked herself or hit herself repeatedly with a blunt object - it had to be someone else.

I think she may have used the phone after being attacked. There's no blood matted in her hair or on the phone. The eyes, could be just Burchett's style, his way of showing fear, or lifelessness...

Also, there is blood coming out of her mouth, indicating internal injuries, possibly from a gunshot wound.

Who could bypass Manor security to do this?

Cain. Shiva. Someone who knows Ra's...

It's too coincidential the cops arrive just as Bruce does - that just yells frame job

Well...since they break down the door with no hesitation, someone tipped them off, or called for help. Major frame job.

You'll notice she wasn't wearing any shoes either, which means she was either brought there or had been there for a while. When we hear her 9-1-1 call in BATGIRL next week, we'll know more...

Batman is too competent to have done this. He would never let Vesper make a 9-1-1 call. She may have been shot or something and left to die...Batman would never do that.

Batman does not kill.

He's being framed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You forget. Bruce Wayne doesn't let Batman kill. Batman would kill at the drop of a hat. Maybe Vesper got too close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think it's Vesper since we followed her during the entire night. They make it look like Bruce could've done when he left to help the jumper (or something). But the phone call is what gets me. Could Bruce Wayne killed Vesper and Batman, in a split personality fit, called the police??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast