Quantcast
Page 63 of 127 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113 ... LastLast
    Invidente 7 is offline Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Martianinvader View Post

No comment this time.
    Uhhh, That madman can keep her for all that I care
    Last edited by Invidente 7; 09-06-2008 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Incomplete post

Peter Paltridge is online now It's worth iiiiiiiit
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This magazine was cancelled at issue #15. Issue #15 actually introduced Spider-Man. Where'd Amazing Fantasy go wrong? Well, take a look....

It's got "ADULT" on there in bright emphasis. What would you think? I'd think this was in the wrong section of the store and that there was something profanely sexual about Tim Boo Ba I was missing.

By "adult" they really meant "intelligent," but...how does an average-looking pulp monster story respect your intelligence? That tagline's pretty hilarious. I know nothing of the innards, but it is probably typical of comics from this age.

The Spider-Man issue had the "ADULT" box removed. I have to wonder if it would have sold at all with it on. These little things do make a difference in consumer behavior....
    Visit my website! It's comfy and easy to wear!
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Anthonynotes is offline PBS: We rock harder than MTV
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This magazine was cancelled at issue #15. Issue #15 actually introduced Spider-Man. Where'd Amazing Fantasy go wrong? Well, take a look....

It's got "ADULT" on there in bright emphasis. What would you think? I'd think this was in the wrong section of the store and that there was something profanely sexual about Tim Boo Ba I was missing.

By "adult" they really meant "intelligent," but...how does an average-looking pulp monster story respect your intelligence? That tagline's pretty hilarious. I know nothing of the innards, but it is probably typical of comics from this age.

The Spider-Man issue had the "ADULT" box removed. I have to wonder if it would have sold at all with it on. These little things do make a difference in consumer behavior....
    Marvel's comics in its immediate pre-Fantastic Four/superhero era of the late 50s and early 60s mostly emphasized stories about various monsters (such as Fin Fang Foom)... which I guess isn't "adult" in either sense of the term. :-p

-B.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    www.platypuscomix.net
    THIS WEEK: The new Electric Wonderland cartoon concludes today! Can the wacky wonderful Internet personality Jon-Trawn uncover the real conspiracy?

Shawn Hopkins is offline TZ Member of the Year 2013
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, now he's just got it sewn up. The green guy with the fin on his head who was marginally popular in the mid-1990s endorsement is gold.
    Here's the deal, I'm the best there is. I wake up in the morning and I urinate excellence. And nobody can hang with my stuff. I'm just a big hairy American winning machine.

I'm very humble, too.

Zorak Masaki is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And now, heres what you came to see, Hardcore nudity!:

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=136576&zoom=4

Anyone00 is offline The Moltar-Snork
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^Think of the preceding as a narrative.
    Joris: Your story makes me want to have a little brother, Papycha. Isn't that weird?
    Kerubim: Don't worry, Jojo. You have your whole life to meet new brothers. Some you will choose, others will ruin your life, and others still will make it worth living...

Captain Highwind is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Savage Dragon's still around?!
    2010 Completed Game List
    Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth; God of War III; Final Fantasy XIII; Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots; Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney; Grandia; Castlevania: Symphony of the Night; Power Stone; Power Stone 2; Dino Crisis

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I wrote about this weird ad in "Kids WB Yourself," and now what, it gets a whole comic to itself? The world's messed up....

I wonder where you even get this. Maybe you have to buy the shoes to get it.
    www.platypuscomix.net

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I have......NO IDEA what is going on.

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=63138&zoom=4
    "Alphabet Supes"?

http://www.comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=541519&zoom=4
    "Stinky"?

I don't know what's going on HERE either....
    www.platypuscomix.net