0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ultimate Spider-Man #79-85 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    Things get worse for Peter...

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #79

WRITER: Brian Michael Bendis
    PENCILS: Mark Bagley
    INKS: Scott Hanna

THE STORY: "WARRIORS" Part 1 (of 7). Ultimate Starts Month continues with the launch of an all-new, all-action story! The Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat--and that kind of a power vacuum won’t last long. It’s about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! PLUS, the Ultimate debut of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he’s had trouble before... but nothing has has ever made him declare – “Peter Parker” no more!

Comments? What are your thoughts?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

DarkHawk is offline Give Deadpool a SOLO ongoing!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't wait to pick this up!!! Finally some good action in this title...hopefully they do moonie right and get him his own ongoing
    "The names's DarkHawk. I thought I could retire but because of sick freaks like you, that can never happen"

Best Quote EVER!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any thoughts on the new arc? I don't know if it'll play out better than the "Hobgoblin" arc but this has gotten off to the right foot. I think this is working fine for Peter so far. His life is really starting to come undone and the last thing he needs is the return of Kingpin!
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is offline Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed it. I'm loving see Kingpin under pressure, I think Bendis has crafted an interesting character in Fisk, and hopefully, we'll see more of him throughout the arc.

Hammerhead being shot was very cool. I seem to remember him being in Ultimate X-Men, with stitches across his skull where the adamantium had been placed in his head. Shame they ditched that, I thought it was a very cool visual. Loved his introduction. Seems like a waste of Silvermaine, but eh, never cared too much for him anyway.

Looking forward to the rest. Bendis always writes solid introductions to his arcs.

Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ultimate Spider-Man #80 Talkback (Spoilers)

Fear the Knight...Moon Knight!

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #80

THE STORY: "WARRIORS" Part 2 of 7. The Gang War to end all Gang Wars begins! The Kingpin is in retreat--and that kind of a power vacuum won’t last long. It’s about to be filled by a figure of unabashed dread in the underworld: Hammerhead! PLUS, the Ultimate debut of several Marvel characters, including Moon Knight! And Spidey thinks he’s had trouble before... but nothing has has ever made him declare – “Peter Parker” no more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now this was an excellent issue! This was definitely one the best recent issues. It had some excellent action and alot of humor. Spider-Man's fight with Moon Knight was just really well done and his dinner conversation with the Kingpin is absolutely classic. It's rare that the second issue of an arc is as complete as this. Bendis usually doesn't start giving us stuff this good until the fourth or fifth part. Not only that but we get a really tidbit with Aunt May's revelation of Richard Parker "running away from life". I can't wait to see that comment followed up on.

For the readers disappointed with the comics lately I really recommend this issue. This looks to be an excellent follow-up to the first Kingpin story!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ultimate Spider-Man #81 Talkback (Spoilers)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #81

THE STORY: "WARRIORS" Part 3 of 7. The Kingpin-wannabe called Hammerhead makes Chinatown a battlefield in his quest to become the mob’s top man. Spidey goes one-on-one with ol’ flattop in the street—aided by Shang-Chi, Master of Kung-Fu and Iron Fist, the living weapon! And where has the mysterious Moon Knight gone now that the gang war is heating up?

SpiderPunk is offline anti-hero
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked it. I mean it wasn't an awesome issuse, but it was still good. I mean this issuse was amost all talking but I really didn't mind. I liked The opening, where Pete is just going through his day and hears just little bits and pieces of the conversation, iit really captured the feeling in High School, when you're completly out of it. Things keep going even if you're sad, and you hear everything, but you might not understand it.

I amped to see where this is going in terms of Black Cat, I thught that was awesome how she called him her 'boyfriend". A possible hint for the up coming annuals? But Still not an awesome iss, but keeping me on the edge of my seat.
    Who am I? You really want to know? The story of my life is not the faint of heart. If someone said it was a happy little tale, I was just a normal everyday guy, not a care in the world, sombody lied. But let me assure you, this story like any worth telling, is all about a girl...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think Bendis is really doing a good job moving this arc forward. It's a really good mix of Peter's problems and the massive gangwar that's just going to rip the city apart. Bendis is really handling the bad luck aspect of Parker's character but not going completely overboard with it like Howard Mackie did in the past few years. He has a good grasp on everything. He's really setting this arc up to match the quality of Kingpin's first appearance in the comic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ultimate Spider-Man #82 Talkback (Spoilers)

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #82

THE STORY: “WARRIORS” Part 4 of 7. The Gangwar consuming New York gets worse with Wilson Fisk in retreat and an emboldened Hammerhead making a big play for his criminal turf. As for Spider-Man, his attention gets diverted from the street scene when the Black Cat returns—and this time she won’t take “no” for an answer. Meanwhile, Fisk brings in his favorite assassin to neutralize as many enemies as she can—and Elektra doesn’t take prisoners!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast