0 0%

0 0%
  • 1/2

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spider-Man is offline Wallcrawler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spectacular Spider-Man #11-14 Talkback (Spoilers)

Like This Thread!
    At long last - the Lizard is back!

Spectacular Spider-Man #11

Written by: Paul Jenkins
    Covers & Pencils by: Damion Scott

"The Lizard's Tale” Part 1 of 3. He's struggled for years to control the coiled reptile that dwells deep within his heart. But now, at the end of his rope, one bad day with change Dr. Curt Connors' life forever — and the Lizard will stalk the streets once more!

Thoughts? What are your Comments?
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Fett One is offline Jedi Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like an interesting concept. Even though this is a 3 parter I still felt the fight between Spidey and the Lizard should have lasted longer. For someone as dangerous as the Lizard that was a rather short fight.

Out of curiosity did anybody else get an issue that had a page that wasn't stapled in? I have a subscription and when I got it I started to read it and half way through the comic I came to a page that was never stapled into it. It was just inserted into the comic as an after thought (it didn't have any staple holes or rips which is how I know it was never stapled in).
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was really surprised with Scott's art. I wasn't sure what to expect when tackling the Webslinger. I saw some of his Batgirl art and thought it was good, but worried that it might not translate to Spider-Man. I'm glad that it does. I hope he can return for more issues in the future. I may have to check out his work on Robin.
    "Most people spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are. But for me? It's about keeping it a secret." - Spider-Man

"Why is there so much hatred and bigotry? Why do we hate people who seem to be different than we are instead of enjoying the variety?"- Stan Lee

Stu
    Stu is online now Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The art was a bit hit and miss with me. Some of it was great, other borderlined on poor. I don't think the inking helped.

However, the story here was great, Jenkins writes some great Spidey stories, managing to capture both Spidey sarcastic smart ass comments and his guilt perfectly. If he could just get an exceptional artist to work with him...

It was cool seeing The Lizard again. He's always been one of my favourite villians, up there with Hobgoblin and Carnage. It's great to see more villians back in the Spidey books, I would just love to see Jenkins take on the aforementioned villians, but in the meantime, we have the rest of The Lizard and then
    Spoiler:
    Morbius
    to look forward to.
    Marvel Animation Age - The World's Finest - Spawn - The Drawing Board

Follow Marvel Animation Age on Twitter @MarvelAAge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I liked the art. It was junky in some places, but it was great when it counted. I really like Scott's rendition of Spider-Man in costume. Even his Peter Parker has a classic feel to him. The Lizard looked simply amazing in this issue. I think I may have the plot already figure dout, especially with the gap between the "No!" and what Curt said on the final page, but I'm interested to see how Jenkins will get from point A to point B.

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of the things that went over my head in this issue was the fact that Conners knew Peter was Spider-Man. This type of things happens all the time, I've been dipping in and out of comics for the past few years, so I asked my brother and he didn't know either.

When did Conners find out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Spectacular Spider-Man #12 Talkback (Spoilers)

The new Lizard storyline continues!

SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #12

Written by Paul Jenkins
    Covers & Pencils by Damion Scott

“The Lizard's Tale” Part 2 of 3. He's struggled for years to control the coiled reptile that dwells deep within his heart. But now, at the end of his rope, one bad day with change Dr. Curt Connors' life forever — and the Lizard will stalk the streets once more!

Comments? What are your thoughts?

Fett One is offline Jedi Hunter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is getting interesting. Curt allowing himself to become the Lizard was unexpected. I can't wait to see what he plans on doing.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I thought this was a pretty good good issue, too. Short on action, but good dramatic interplay between Connors and Pete. The art is growing on me, too. A good JJJ/Robbie scene, and a surprise at the end when Curt is revealed to have been lying to Pete about trying to control the Lizard, and he turns into a humanoid Connors/Lizard with scaly human face, but also a tail.

It was a good issue, for sure, but there are a couple little things bugging me about it. We still don't have an explanation on how Curt found out Peter's ID. I can't remember at all when this happened - if at all.

There's also this continuity glitch that was pointe dout at the Superhero Hype site:

Curt was caught on security videotape when he transformed from Lizard back to human last issue. Now The Daily Bugle has the tape, and Curt is scared and angry that the world may find out he's the Lizard. But the authorities already know that! Connors was put on trial for the Lizard's crimes in ASM Annual #27 (1993), and plenty of other people know about Curt's problem too, including several organized crime bosses (The Owl, Hammerhead, and their henchmen), and also Connors mentioned it himself during his lectures (Spider-man Unlimited #19).

I noticed that there have been alot of continuity slides in the Spider-Man books, lately, and this one was pretty glaring.

Stu
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never knew everyone was aware he was the Lizard. That's a pretty big screw up there. I don't recall Peter ever telling Conners he was Spider-Man either, which has been annoying me since this arc started.

Continuity issues aside, this was a great issue. As Spider-Man said, not a lot of action but a good story being told at a good pace.

I'm really up for the conclusion now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast