View Poll Results: Rate And Comment!

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • *****

    17 70.83%
  • ****1/2

    2 8.33%
  • ****

    1 4.17%
  • ***1/2

    2 8.33%
  • ***

    1 4.17%
  • **1/2

    0 0%
  • **

    0 0%
  • *1/2

    0 0%
  • *

    0 0%
  • 1/2

    1 4.17%
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 687
  1. #341
    Neo Yi's Avatar
    Neo Yi is offline GANNONDORK!
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The USA
    Posts
    3,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    I wonder if we're still getting that character data-book we were teased with all those months ago...
    Ian Flynn recently stated in his message board that the likely date may have been pushed back to Autumn/Winter 2010. Sucks, I know.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    I talk a bit about How To Train Your Dragon 2.

  2. #342
    Antiyonder is offline Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    8,543
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Yi View Post
    Ian Flynn recently stated in his message board that the likely date may have been pushed back to Autumn/Winter 2010. Sucks, I know.
    You two are talking about that Sonic Encyclopedia, correct?
    Deadpool on the "genius" of Hollywood: Everything's turned into a movie these days. -- Old TV shows, board games, candy bars. And let me tell ya, I'm totally stoked for Butterfinger The Movie.

  3. #343
    Neo Yi's Avatar
    Neo Yi is offline GANNONDORK!
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    The USA
    Posts
    3,058
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    You two are talking about that Sonic Encyclopedia, correct?
    I was. I assumed Conekiller was, too. If not, my bad. Still, I eagerly await for this book, even if it means waiting for it for another...*gulp*...year.
    My DeviantART/My Twitter/My Tumblr
    Stuff of Opinions:
    I talk a bit about How To Train Your Dragon 2.

  4. #344
    PC!'s Avatar
    PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South-central Missouri
    Posts
    7,277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This brings up the subject of how Archie takes so darn long to release stuff, particularly the Archives. Why does it take them, like, six blasted months to release each new Archives book? Back when they started out they could churn 'em out every couple months, and now we're lucky to get three a year. I don't buy that "maybe they're having trouble finding the materials" stuff. Granted I can't say for sure since I'm not in the industry, but I'd imagine you'd have to be disorganized to a ridiculous degree to have that much trouble.

    My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

    A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien


  5. #345
    Nel_Annette's Avatar
    Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The preview for the 2010 Free Comic Book Day issue is already out:

    Spoiler:


    SONIC THE HEDGEHOG - FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2010

    "Hide & Seek & DESTROY!": Dr. Eggman has vanished--or has he? As Sonic searches for clues, he stumbles across an old weapon from the bygone days of his childhood. Will Dr. Eggman allow Sonic to be destroyed by this threat from yesteryear? Will Sonic discover the truth behind his old rival's disappearance? All the answers lie in this free issue!

    SCRIPT: Ian Flynn
    PENCILS: James Fry
    INKS: Jim Amash
    At Comic Shops May 1st 2010
    All new, 32-page, full color comic
    FREE


  6. #346
    Nel_Annette's Avatar
    Nel_Annette is offline Go green!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    3,575
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mods, if this counts as a double post, I apologize.

    I received Sonic Universe #11 a few days back, so here we go (spoilers ahoy!):

    So after some thought, I think I realized why this arc has been so underwhelming to me thus far: I've raised my expectations too high. I think I went into this expecting "Knuckles vs. Finitivus EPIC EPIC EPIC" when I shouldn't have. Just as the past two issues have felt like set-up for this one, this arc as a whole now feels like it's a large set-up for many stories down the road. We have a whole Platypus Legion, Vector's past, the mysterious ruins, Thrash's past, and a lot of other things.

    That said, I enjoyed this much more than the last two. It felt like something was actually happening, and I enjoyed seeing the DFF back. I liked that Knuckles never trusted Dr. F for even a second (avoiding a cliche there). Seeing the Chaotix teaming up with the DFF was certainly interesting, even if it did reignite my old hatred of Guru Emu (you're a Freedom Fighter, dummy!). Thrash was an intriguing character, and I didn't even notice Barby's redesign until I read about it on the writer's forum.

    Quite interested in seeing what Dr. Finitivus' latest plan is and what Bill's motivation for turning on everyone is.

    Great artwork and coloring as always. However, I couldn't really tell that the Platypus' bills were supposed to be cybernetic/mechanical.

    Loved the off-panels.

  7. #347
    veemonjosh's Avatar
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Grid
    Posts
    13,245
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    This brings up the subject of how Archie takes so darn long to release stuff, particularly the Archives. Why does it take them, like, six blasted months to release each new Archives book? Back when they started out they could churn 'em out every couple months, and now we're lucky to get three a year. I don't buy that "maybe they're having trouble finding the materials" stuff. Granted I can't say for sure since I'm not in the industry, but I'd imagine you'd have to be disorganized to a ridiculous degree to have that much trouble.
    Now I'm just guessing here, but I think their way of thinking is that they want the Archives books to stay at a steady distance from the main comic. Putting out three books a year would mean 12 older issues are covered, one for each month.

    Look on the bright side though, at least we're getting them. For the longest time, it seemed like Archie refused to publish any paperbacks other than The Beginning and Firsts.

    What I'm wondering is when they're going to start doing a Knuckles Archive. The Sonic Archives have already reached the publishing point when the Knuckles spin-off started, so it's not like they'd be skipping ahead or anything. Plus, they know how popular that series is with the fanbase.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 6/30 - Anime of Yesteryear Goes to Japan!)

    Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

  8. #348
    PC!'s Avatar
    PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South-central Missouri
    Posts
    7,277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Now I'm just guessing here, but I think their way of thinking is that they want the Archives books to stay at a steady distance from the main comic. Putting out three books a year would mean 12 older issues are covered, one for each month.

    Look on the bright side though, at least we're getting them. For the longest time, it seemed like Archie refused to publish any paperbacks other than The Beginning and Firsts.

    What I'm wondering is when they're going to start doing a Knuckles Archive. The Sonic Archives have already reached the publishing point when the Knuckles spin-off started, so it's not like they'd be skipping ahead or anything. Plus, they know how popular that series is with the fanbase.
    I personally would love for them to catch up to the main book, or at least get a LITTLE bit closer. The way it looks now, we're down to 2 Archives releases for 2010.

    And where's Sonic Selects? They can stay a steady distance from the main book all they want, but there's no reason not to release another Selects after over a year of nothing. They're going to have to cover the Princess Sally, Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic Quest mini-series soon; the plot threads from their intro stories in the main series are still unresolved in the trade paperbacks. You'd figure Archie would try harder to keep Selects and Archives running at a steady clip so they stay kind of synchronized story-wise. At the rate they're going, we'll see the freedom fighters fighting the original Robotnik in Selects long after the Archives has already introduced Eggman.

    As for Knuckles, I'm pretty sure his stories will be released in the Selects series. That is, if we ever see another one.

    My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

    A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien


  9. #349
    veemonjosh's Avatar
    veemonjosh is offline The Fruit Shogun
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The Grid
    Posts
    13,245
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    I personally would love for them to catch up to the main book, or at least get a LITTLE bit closer. The way it looks now, we're down to 2 Archives releases for 2010.
    Well, yeah, I would love to see more Archive releases too. It's just a theory as to why there's so few releases lately.

    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    And where's Sonic Selects? They can stay a steady distance from the main book all they want, but there's no reason not to release another Selects after over a year of nothing. They're going to have to cover the Princess Sally, Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic Quest mini-series soon; the plot threads from their intro stories in the main series are still unresolved in the trade paperbacks. You'd figure Archie would try harder to keep Selects and Archives running at a steady clip so they stay kind of synchronized story-wise. At the rate they're going, we'll see the freedom fighters fighting the original Robotnik in Selects long after the Archives has already introduced Eggman.
    That's true, there's absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be covering the Tails/Sally/Knuckles/Quest mini-series by now...

    Quote Originally Posted by PC! View Post
    As for Knuckles, I'm pretty sure his stories will be released in the Selects series. That is, if we ever see another one.
    Well, the difference between Knuckles and the rest of the non-main comics was that it was its own series, rather than just a series of specials. Unless a few of the Knuckles stories have been written out of the continuity (like some of the specials), it'd be better off in its own Archive form.
    What do you get when you put three friends in a recording booth once a week, screen old anime, and tell them to make sense of it?
    You get the Anime of Yesteryear Podcast! Tune in each week as we kick back and discuss anime of old, both the well-known and the obscure.
    Updates Bi-Weekly! (Newest: 6/30 - Anime of Yesteryear Goes to Japan!)

    Also on Toon Radio every Thursday at 10pm EST!

  10. #350
    PC!'s Avatar
    PC!
    PC! is offline lolwut?
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    South-central Missouri
    Posts
    7,277
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by veemonjosh View Post
    Well, the difference between Knuckles and the rest of the non-main comics was that it was its own series, rather than just a series of specials. Unless a few of the Knuckles stories have been written out of the continuity (like some of the specials), it'd be better off in its own Archive form.
    Unfortunately, Knuckles doesn't have nearly the star power he did when his series first started up (hence why it was canceled), and no doubt the series would be much more successful as part of the Selects line. It's the same principle as how Knuckles has his own 4-parter under the Sonic Universe title as opposed to a new mini-series.

    My webcomic: Zack and Zeke

    A heartwarming nonsensical tale comedy of friendship errors between a boy moron and his sarcastic alien


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
toonzone quick jump
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO