Quantcast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DemonKrowno is offline my opinions might matter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

About ED,EDD,n' EDDY's art style....

Like This Thread!
    ...i was wondering...in creating this original look with the shaking,how do they do it?....don't tell me they draw the same frame of animation a bit differently with everyone.....man,that'd take atleast 3 times the amount of time it takes to make a cartoon.....?

Killtacular is offline the race wars had begun
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's how they do it. Lots and lots of drawings. It was probably a lot harder to them in season 1 than it was by season 3. The fact that the animation can be both squiggly AND: expressive, painful when violent, filled with funny takes and poses, is a testament to Canadian animation. Considering the kind of animation you typically see on O Canada, I'd say EEE is the best they've got.

Sayna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm glad somebody else finaly sees this style as creative rather than annoying. =) It was getting tough there, for awhile, thinking I was all alone.

Edd
    Edd is offline the dork that you fear
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayna
    I'm glad somebody else finaly sees this style as creative rather than annoying. =) It was getting tough there, for awhile, thinking I was all alone.
    You're not.

Katrover is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dumb remark. I know.

Wait.......So "Ed, Edd, n' Eddy" is Canadian?!

Suddenly gets flashbacks of every "O, Canada!" episode seen, plus a few Canadian shorts shown in Animation I & II back in high school....

That explains everything! The squiggly animation style, the nonlinear and unconventional humor - those are trademarks of Canadian Animation.

At least, I think so. I'm only drawing conclusions from my limited experience with "O, Canada!" here....

Rune is offline off(world) model
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonKrowno
    ...i was wondering...in creating this original look with the shaking,how do they do it?....don't tell me they draw the same frame of animation a bit differently with everyone.....man,that'd take atleast 3 times the amount of time it takes to make a cartoon.....?
    According to Danny A (Eds creator) it's impossible to ink something the same way twice, no matter how good you are there will always be a slight variation and aka cartoon builds on this for the show by utilising human error (animation by mistake being the company's motto) . So when there is a pause in the action you get a shaky effect by running a group these slightly different offset cels of the characters while the background remains 'frozen'. The wobble effect in EEnE is a nod to the animation of the 30s and the old black & white hand inked stuff particularly Blackman.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrover
    ...Wait.......So "Ed, Edd, n' Eddy" is Canadian?!
    And yes the show was created, written and produced in Canada (Vancouver to be specific) and animated in Korea. However the Eds and Peach Creek itself is not supposed to belong to any specific country or region, I've had a lot of mails in the past from people saying they know where Peach Creek is (TX or wherever) but it can't be over-emphasised that its not set in one specific town, the idea is that it could be anywhere and wherever it is you're bound to know somewhere just like it. Its slightly OT but the same goes with Rolf, he's the embodiment of every obscure country and culture you could encounter he does not have any definite nationality.

Dr. Daedalus is offline Souter made us do it!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    And yes the show was created, written and produced in Canada (Vancouver to be specific) and animated in Korea.
    Right, the show's animated overseas at Yeson, who also have done Fairly Oddparents and Family Guy. I like the animation style, too; the squiggle effect actually enhances the movement rather than stifling it (for example, on Dr. Katz, when characters were basically static).

Candy Man is offline Hey, I have no ears!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ed,Edd, 'n Eddy is all drawn and colored by hand? At least that is what I have heard.

Rune is offline off(world) model
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yep, full of old-fashioned goodness

ravenlover#1 is offline ravens boyfriend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i like to watch this sometimes including the dueling eds episode when rolf beats up eddy with the fish
    raven: azarath metrion zinthos!

raven: this party is pointless

raven the hot goth chick! i only show emotions towards raven!

raven: your such a clorbag

raven: the mirror you found is a portal is to my mind its used for meditation not a toy!

raven: do you know about chakra?

raven: i respect the fact you dont eat meat please respect the fact that i dont eat fake meat

raven is sexy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast