Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gatordragon is offline Serving 500 flavors of pain!
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    This episode was good. Nice to have focus on Jake's posthumous parents. They have such great old timey voices.

I'm loving that title card. So mysterious and creepy.

Happy Birthday, Jake! If every season counts as a year you were twenty-eight in season 1, then I think you're thirty-three now.

I wish I could shovel down that much food in one bite.

Ooh, a prequel in the form of a flashback. Not a bad framing device.

Cute, Margaret's looks ready to pop.

Is that a crossbow that reloads itself? I want one of those.

It makes sense for Joshua to be protective of Margaret. She's his wife and she's got a baby on the way.

Listen to them talk. They sound like they're from the 1930s.

The best thing about prequels is the references to future events. Joshua reads about a sighting of a vampire girl and a fire creature burning down a candy forest? If you've been following this show, then it's clear what those are references to.

Sorry, Margaret. Your husband is putting you on easy street for now.

Hello, sweet Tree Trunks. Looking the same as ever, I see.

Well now we know why Tree Trunks and Wyatt got divorced. Heh, using pies as a sexual metaphor.

Case closed, but there's still a monster lurking about.

You can't keep a good woman down, Joshua. Margaret is hot on the trail.

That's a creepy owl, but not as creepy as the Screecher.

That cat also has the same face and color. Coincidence?

There's the beast and it's obvious that it was the owl and cat.

Oops, Margaret forgot that she's not as slim as she used to be.

Uh oh, looks like the beast wants some of that pregnant dog. Joshua to the rescue!

Nice stab, Margaret. The beast is bleeding Predator blood.

Oh no, Joshua's been injured! I wonder what will happen to him in this flashback. Oh that's right, he lives. That's the downside of prequels: you already know who lives and dies.

"This is all my fault!" "Yeah, pretty much." Dang, Joshua. Why you gotta be so brutally honest?

Heh, Joshua's pretty savvy about horror stuff. Doesn't even think twice about wanting his wife to off him before the bite alters him. Fortunately, Margaret finds a better solution.

Oh boy, Margaret is gearing up for the showdown. Topping it off with her signature flower hat.

Uh oh, the baby's getting restless. Better hurry, Margaret.

Neat, the beasts lair is a pre-war store shaped like a Greek temple. Very Fallout-esque.

That's a very blue welt pulsating from Joshua's head. I can only imagine the pain he's going through.

Now you're just showing off, beast. This is starting to remind me of the Gravity Falls episode, "Into the Bunker".

Oh not cool, beast. Hitting a pregnant lady's belly is the lowest of the low.

For all your showing off, beast, you went like a wimp.

The beast is a baby? Yeah I'm not buying it one bit. This is a ploy, I know it.

Hoo, Margaret shows that she's willing to punch a baby beast for the sake of her husband!

Yep, told ya the beast was faking it. Looks like this was all according to his plan. Also, he appears to be an alien or something.

Dang, the baby is pushing through the belly! Reminds me of a scene from Dawn of the Dead.

This has horror movie written all over it. The trashed house, the creepy music, and Joshua's in a corner with his back turned.

Whoa, Margaret's going into labor. And it's making her do some howler monkey calls.

A double whammy. Joshua's welt is going to burst and Margaret's about to give birth. What's going to happen first?

Pop goes the welt! And out comes... Jake? I like the the Spaceballs reference with him singing and dancing right after being born.

Look at Joshua and Margaret all slack jawed. Honestly, that would be pretty much anyone's reaction to a baby bursting out a man's head.

And we skip Margaret giving birth on the spot because nobody wants to see that.

Oh that's not a bad scar, Joshua. It is a good reason to wear a nice hat, though.

And that's why Jake doesn't know where his powers come from. Joshua and Margaret kept that secret to the grave.

Overall I enjoyed this episode a lot. Jake being half alien explains everything about his powers. Also with this stuff about aliens and other dimensions, it's pretty clear that not all the weirdness in the land of Ooo is the result of the Great Mushroom War. With Adventure Time going on hiatus for a bit, this was a nice episode to end the current run on.

The Scoop of Justice from Awesomenauts

"The might of the ice cream knight is always right!"

Skills: Sword Strike, Bindings of Justice, Frozen Hammer, Wobbling Jump

RoyalRubble is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Pretty good episode. Joshua and Margaret were good characters and their adventure here was neat. I liked how it played more like a detective story, at least in the beginning. The fight with the monster was pretty cool. The explanation for Jake's birth and his powers was pretty surprising and I liked how the episode made it look as if he was telling the story, when in fact he has no idea of what actually happened.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So Jake is basically a dog/alien hybrid, I wonder if it comes back to bite them some day

also, is it me, or did the monster look like one of the Cosmic Criminals from the Citadel

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    originally posted by ShadowBeast
    I've always thought that the mushroom war caused hidden magic.to be released.
    Hmmm well

Spoiler:
    Supposedly an upcoming episode "Evergreen" is about what happened before the Mushroom War so I'd assume we'd get answers about that then

so there's that.

Also when thinking about this episode and the fact they played "Memories Of Boom Boom Mountain" right after it, I think this explains the reason why Margaret was so eager to adopt Finn just seeing him in the forest: she obviously felt bad about beating up the baby that attacked Joshua and not being able to help it so probably didn't ever want another baby to go through that. In a way a bit like the opening of the Disney Tarzan movie.... minus Margaret's actual kid dying... and a Phil Collins song beating the point to death.

I also kind of want to say I think Margaret here has more of a character the main female character Margaret of Regular Show but that wouldn't be fair. Though it would be fair to say she has more of a one then the entire season one Margaret of RS at least.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    this one was pretty good episode, i hope jake tells story on how they got finn (ya the older episode had finn remember about it) but i would love see how Finn was born and abit more history of Jake's Parents Finding him

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    remember, we still don't know who Finn's mother was
    (well ok, we got to see an alternate universe version of her, but seeing how different the Martins of the two worlds were, she'd probably be allot more different from her Farmworld self as well)

Gatordragon is offline Serving 500 flavors of pain!
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Did anyone notice this split-second look at the book Margaret was reading? I didn't notice it at first, but the instructions on how to make anti-venom made me chuckle.

The Scoop of Justice from Awesomenauts

"The might of the ice cream knight is always right!"

Skills: Sword Strike, Bindings of Justice, Frozen Hammer, Wobbling Jump

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Love how much effort they put into these tiny details

Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SaneMan View Post
    remember, we still don't know who Finn's mother was
    that true, i would Love see how they show finn's mom as well

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Cohorts,

i was not expecting that ending. jake being able to stretch makes total sense now. i hope that shape shifter creature returns in a future episode and reveals what his/her master plan is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12