Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AhmedtheHead is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexonius View Post
    Mark Banker's not on the show anymore after this season, since he's on Be Cool, Scooby Doo!
    That sucks. I hope the writing staff learns from his work. Then again ... aside from Spencer, who else is on the writing team? Patrick Harpin left, Skyler didn't seem to write jack squat, who else is there?

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is probably the most down to earth episode of Clarence. Who would thought that aside of having little brothers and sisters, Sumo also has 2 big brothers, that's alot of family. Sumo's Dad was very strict in this episode but at the ending really shows that he does care about his son and what he's doing which really appreciate the father and son moment.

Now we get an idea of why Sumo's acting all crazy and taking risk, to be notice and it's reasonable while having brothers and sisters but especially big brothers he doesn't get the attention he wants to get from his dad.

Also nice to show that Sumo does get mad at Clarence again a nice development where you usually get the crazy one doing everything the main character ask him to do, really fleshes out Sumo's character.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Lerkero is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked this episode. Adds some dimension to Sumo's background. I didn't really get the first episode where he cut off his hair, but living with a family like that can make a person crazy.

Sumo's dad looked mean at first, but at the end he showed that he cares. I guess it would be tough to give one child attention in a household with several.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriots,

another great episode. they usually portray family households as being middle class or upper middle in children's shows so its refreshing for them to show that's not always the case with everyone. loved tom kennys delivery when sumo was reading off the questions on that sheet and the scene with the kids lifting up the old bed with all those bugs underneath was gross but funny.

DeanBurrito25 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Aww, poor Sumo. He just wanted a little recognition.

I'm amazed by how much this show has been developing its characters lately. It's certainly more than one would assume.

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    there is certainly allot of effort put into the writing

Jazz1000 is offline Playing it Cool, bro!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    this episode is pretty decent
    i been wondering who does the animation for clarece it has some hey arnold reference in the show, like the horn episode

Trombone77 is online now Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This was a wonderful episode. I thought it was awesome how they gave Sumo some depth. Plus, I enjoyed how they made the father strict, but caring. I also wanted to point out one minor thing: When Sumo yells at Clarence to leave him alone, Clarence actually leaves him alone. Maybe it's a minor detail, but in today's cartoons, so often have I seen people trying to accomplish something and yet being bugged persistently by the main character (cough*Spongebob*cough).

One of the funniest parts for me was the bedroom scene. First off, I don't know why, but I found it a little hilarious that Sumo's two older brothers wore tighty-whities instead of boxers. Not saying that either choice of underwear is better or worse, but it was a sight gag I found funny. Then, there was the slight innuendo of Sumo's brother wanting to see something "cool" in Sumo's magazine.

Overall, top-notch episode. Hope there are more to come.

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @Trombone77 - What you pointed out in your 3rd & 4th sentences - is why shows like Spongebob are failing now, just like said show itself. Nobody wants to see that kind of trash anymore. I think that's a good thing writers and showmakers alike need to learn, period.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    SpongeBob is failing?

Since when?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12