Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    The episode takes place at dawn - alright. These writers do know what they're doing. Sorry I didn't catch on, myself... Thanks for that, Gatordragon.
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    The episode takes place at dawn - alright. These writers do know what they're doing. Sorry I didn't catch on, myself... Thanks for that, Gatordragon.
    The writers should've emphasize on it being dawn though since the sky looked like it was daytime.

Radical is online now Epic Devious Troll
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice to see Princess Bubblegum, Marceline, Flame Princess, Princess Muscles, Wildberry Princess, and Breakfast Princess/Strudel Princess(she's so cute).
    Breakfast Princess getting major focus was pretty sweet.
    I do love Princess Bubblegum/Marceline's sweet friendships.
    Lumpy Space Princess and her obnoxious jerkiness is enjoyable for me, but I do enjoy her bashings/punishments as much as she's an awful character, nice of Breakfast Princess to humiliate her.
    Poor Marceline to be friends with Lumpy Space Princess though.
    Last edited by Radical; 08-02-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Compatriots,

wasn't rally a fan of this episode. breakfast princess was completely right about lsp and those syrup bottle guards didn't deserve what happened to them. there were some funny moments and the sister of breakfast princess was adorable but tis was my least favorite episode in a long time.

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical View Post
    Nice to see Princess Bubblegum, Marceline, Flame Princess, Princess Muscles, and Breakfast Princess.Breakfast Princess getting major focus was pretty sweet.I do love Princess Bubblegum/Marceline's sweet friendships.Lumpy Space Princess and her obnoxious jerkiness is enjoyable for me, but I do enjoy her bashings/punishments as much as she's an awful character, nice of Breakfast Princess to humiliate her.Poor Marceline to be friends with Lumpy Space Princess though.
    It was nice seeing a different Princess getting more attention, and while LSP is usually good for a laugh she was just at her worse here.I hope we don't get anymore Marceline hanging around LSP episodes because it only makes Marceline look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mayhem View Post
    Compatriots,wasn't rally a fan of this episode. breakfast princess was completely right about lsp and those syrup bottle guards didn't deserve what happened to them. there were some funny moments and the sister of breakfast princess was adorable but tis was my least favorite episode in a long time.
    The fact that the commercials gave us high expectations didn't help because the episode was just overhyped and it did not give a decent story..I completely agree, Breakfast Princess right completely right about LSP and it was a shame that she was treated as an antagonist and I felt sorry for her for getting hit, while LSP was treated like she was right in this episode.

Kuromi_Star is offline Neko mimi mode
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think a lot of the "joke" with LSP is that we know she's wrong all the time, but you humor her and sympathize anyway. Marceline just wanted to start some trouble, so she really wasn't going to moralize about it, and even PB has a mean streak (all the princesses do, really. I enjoy the AT princess subversions)

DeanBurrito25 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I gotta say, LSP and Marceline was one team-up that I never thought I'd see from this show. Those two really hit it off together.

SaneMan is online now Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanBurrito25 View Post
    I gotta say, LSP and Marceline was one team-up that I never thought I'd see from this show. Those two really hit it off together.
    You should check the "Candy Capers" mini-series. It's entirely about unconventional character team-ups.
    It had LSP with Lemongrab, Marceline with Treetrunks, and Ice King with Susan Strong, among others.

Neo Ultra Mike is offline Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    originally posted by ShadowBeast
    Kind of sloppy episode.Did the writers forget what happens to Marceline when she goes into sunlight?
    Actually besides the whole "this happened around sunrise" the other reason is that Marceline was wearing sunscreen. If you look at the actual title card and her first appearance in the episode you see her holding it so it's assumed she put some on herself that allowed her to be out in sunlight without having to wear anything/use an umbrella. Granted that's something that should of probably been more in the foreground or mentioned as you do have to be paying attention to notice it. On the other hand you may have to be paying attention to notice the fact she should of been evaporating in sunlight so what can you do?

The most interesting I find about this episode is for the first time in this series ever, there isn't any Finn or Jake at all! Yeah we've had "Bad Little Boy" and "The Prince Who Wanted Anything" but those Fioana and Cake episodes so obviously there's some form of them in there. But no, Finn nor Jake have any apperance at all here, which I'm really glad to see. Not that I don't have anything against their characters but if this is episodes obviously about and focusing on other residents of Ooo, we don't need to see them be forced in at all. And granted their appearances in other episodes were usually at least amusing cameos like "The Sutior" "The Party's Over Isle De Senorita" "Little Brother" or what have you but eh I'd rather just have them not appear if this isn't there story and focus on the characters who should be getting the attention. And it's honestly more distracting like how the last episode just had the plot stop for a second just to say "oh look Finn and Jake are here... well off we go to the real focus". And yeah I know there was a reason and even little joke behind it but again I much prefer this kind of thing if we're not paying attention to them: put it on who should be getting the focus totally and don't think you have to use the main characters just because they are... the main characters.

Otherwise though I thought this was pretty good. Yeah obviously LSP is being a brat who really had no reason to be angry at Breakfast Princess who was honestly just telling her the truth but it's the character and if she's amusing I have no problem with that. And honestly the idea of teaming her up with Marceline and having the two play off each other works more then just having her be the main personality of an epiosde. Because in other LSP focuses she wasn't playing against someone else who would challenge her like say Marceline would. And it makes sense the two would hang out especically since they're the "gets bored easily likes going around having fun and annoying people". And I actually liked the kind of serious conversation they had about morality near the end. Pretty much shades of Thelma and Louise (actually wouldn't that be more PB and Marceline heh heh) but it worked well. My favorite scene had to be though with strudel princess who acted like she was in a commerical or LSP forcing Breakfast princess to dig a sandcastle and her just leaving when the two drove off. So yeah amusing episode though again what makes me most happy is seeing them break away from needing anything from the main characters if they aren't needed for the story. Hope that's not a one time thing as again if Finn and Jake shouldn't be in an episode, don't have them in an episode. This show is rich and interesting enough for every now and then not having them in it and still working.
    Man now I"m up to 7,000+ posts. Hard to believe it took me 8 something years to get that many. How long will it take me to get another thousand? Guess you're going to have to keep reading what I have to say to find out.... I hope you've been doing that anyway as I feed off the attention.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12