Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jazz is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Back around 2003 I think, CN would play entire marathons of Scooby Doo, playing episodes from ALL of the series that they could, now I know Scooby Doo has always been played on the channel and the tradition continues in small doses to this day...but there was a time when they'd just go for overkill.

RoyalRubble is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never really liked those "Aquaman Dance Party" bumpers (I think they aired both on Cartoon Network as well as Adult Swim), since they kind of helped make people think he's a pretty useless character. Also wasn't a fan of pretty much any Scrappy-Doo promo CN did.
    "Are you insinuating that I may have previous knowledge as to the outcome of this imbroglio?" - Top Cat
    "With great powers comes great responsibility... and free peanuts." - Johnny Bravo
    "Faster than a regular sheep... More powerful than a regular sheep... Able to leap a regular sheep in a single bound." - Sheep in the Big City

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This wasn't really a "classic era" but I didn't like the "Fall" bumpers, they were really out of place for something like CN, it looked like something on TeenNick or Boomerang LA or something.
    I don't have anything clever for my signature so whatever.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
    Hm. I liked that one. Eh, to each his own.

Anyways, my pic for least favorite old CN spot goes to this:

I've never been a fan of the whole "Zan's power is useless" trope. Granted, his ability isn't as super-easy to write for as, say, super-strength, but it's far from being useless. It just required more creativity in order to properly utilize it. I'm a firm believer that there are no bad characters, only bad writing.

I'm with you there.

But if you want to talk about improper utilization, how about the fact Jayna had to go solo only once (NBA All-Star Jam 2003, paired with Jason Kidd), and, oh, did they blow it by not using her more often, when her bro was getting more shine time (i.e. a guest shot on Harvey Birdman).

Silverstar is offline Comfortably Dumb
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I also remember a spot featuring some of CN's superheroes at a movie theater, and one of them was Zan without his sis.

I never got the point of using the twins separately anyway, at least not when might is called for; it's not like either can accomplish much alone, since they have to touch in order to activate their powers.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There were two of those ads with Zan, Wonder Woman, Birdman, et al, the 2nd being on a plane, I believe. I didn't get the point, either, but IMPO, it was just a case of CN's writers being stupid. Which is normal, it seems.

Master Toon is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Honestly, nothing from the classic CN annoyed me. Nowadays I can't stand those old Looney Tunes/MGM/Merry Melodies cartoons but back then I didn't mind them. Nope, there isn't anything I didn't like from CN back in the day.

mimitchi33 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really loved Powerpuff Girls.
    Yes, I am lucky. Every one of my friends is that special someone.
    -Mumfie, Magic Adventures of Mumfie

Goldstar Neo is offline Straight cash, homey!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mimitchi33 View Post
    I really loved Powerpuff Girls.
    This thread is meant for discussing "Your least favorite Classic CN Stuff".
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' twisted take on the world of cartoons and all things geeky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12