Quantcast
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    zoombie is offline Forum Elder
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Anyone else lose the part when Hobble said "we are not going that way", He took charge, he is awesome. Can't wait to see what he does next episode.

To answer your question, I also love Charmcaster because of character depth, and she is just plan cool. But also doesn't hurt I am a big fan of Kari Wahlgreen. I have been a fan since I saw her work in FCLU and Eureka Seven. Of course Light Lucario you would know that, I made no secret on the talkback threads we were on togehter for these series when they were airing on Adult Swim Toonami block. Ah memories.
    Last edited by zoombie; 03-31-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Korra_Fan View Post
    She's one of the few characters in this franchise with actual depth. That's the appeal.
    I understand that and she has shown more depth in some of her other appearances, but I didn't see much to get excited about her appearance here. It seemed like mostly setup for another arc and I couldn't get that excited over her return.

Quote Originally Posted by Korra_Fan[SIZE=1
    But then, you're a fan of the Pokemon anime, so character depth probably isn't exactly your thing....[/SIZE]
    Well that's just an unnecessary rude assumption. That would be like someone saying that you don't like a good romance because you like the Legend of Korra. Yes, I love the Pokemon anime and it is not known for having a lot of character depth, but that does not mean that I don't like characters with depth at all. I do watch other series that tend to give their characters more depth, so saying that it isn't my thing just because of one series that I watch is just rude and insulting. I don't even care if it was made in a joking matter or not. You don't go around insulting people's tastes with an assumption like that. Plus, if characters with depth wasn't a thing for me, I wouldn't have become an English major in college, which does require people to read a ton of books that most, if not all of them, involve characters with depth. Don't assume something about people's tastes just because you know one thing about them. That is rude, insulting and comes off like you're diminishing my intelligence.

Charmcaster is one of the few interesting villains in this franchise, even though there isn't much of a competition for that, but I just didn't see much of a reason to get excited over her appearance here like many other people did. Maybe she'll be more appealing when they focus more on her later on, but for this episode, she was just okay.

King_of_doom is offline kiva fan
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Lucario View Post
    I understand that and she has shown more depth in some of her other appearances, but I didn't see much to get excited about her appearance here. It seemed like mostly setup for another arc and I couldn't get that excited over her return.

I do believe that why people have gotten excited(including myself) on the re-appearance of Charmcaster is that she's back to her original design then going with the AF/UA look which i consider her original design more creative then the knock off version of the Enchantress which personally didn't like, i don't think everyone was bothered that her appearance of Omniverse wasn't spectacular to some but again having her appear with her original look and magic bag is what folks where waiting to see.
    You'll never get credit for my discovery,Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow*Herbert West*

Deadpool: They replace Megas XLR for this!? Man where’s the world coming to

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King_of_doom View Post
    I do believe that why people have gotten excited(including myself) on the re-appearance of Charmcaster is that she's back to her original design then going with the AF/UA look which i consider her original design more creative then the knock off version of the Enchantress which personally didn't like, i don't think everyone was bothered that her appearance of Omniverse wasn't spectacular to some but again having her appear with her original look and magic bag is what folks where waiting to see.
    I don't quite remember her design from AF/UA, so I can't really compare the two designs off the top of my head and seeing them go with he original design wouldn't make me that excited. It is still a pretty good design though.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I looked at all of the episode credits, and this is the first episode since the two part series premere (which was a case of just finishing Dwayne's script) that has two writers, one of them being one of the story editors Charlotte Fullerton. I don't the significance, but maybe they are taking this trilogy serieously, maybe if any of the other two episodes of this trilogy "Charm School" and "TBA", are not written by Charlotte Fullerton or Matt Wayne themselves, they are going to co write it.

Not taking from our friend Kevin Rubio, but if the story editors want to be hands on with this, that is good news for this trilogy.

Did anyone else notice a Generator Rex mention? We know the GR does exceed in another dimention, but I guess Ben is not the only one that has been there.
    Last edited by zoombie; 03-31-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Doguineta is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This episode was great, and I love Charmcaster (at least OS Charmcaster) so I was really anticipating her return and it didn't disappoint.

That said, I never watched Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, so I don't know who Aldwaita is or what happened in the cliffhanger. I mean, I got that Charmcaster is getting advice from this guy, but I have no idea who is the guy.
    Nothing to see here, just keep on with what you were doing...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doguineta View Post
    That said, I never watched Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, so I don't know who Aldwaita is or what happened in the cliffhanger. I mean, I got that Charmcaster is getting advice from this guy, but I have no idea who is the guy.
    Well for her the equeverlent of Ben getting advice from Vilgax. It is stupid of her, but when you get so much power you get a little arrogant and full of your self that you think you can handle anything and you might do something stupid stuff. And in the last episode of UA, if Gwen, Kevin, and Julie didn't step in, who know what would have happened when Ben was beginning to become drunk with power and actully listening to Vilgax.

When our heros find out about Charmcaster taking advice from Awaitya, I hope Ben would say something like how stupid it is for anyone to take advice from their arch enemy, than Gwen and Kevin and maybe Rock (since Gwen tells him everything it seems) will give Ben a dirty look of "really Ben really you're one to talk." That would be funny.

I hope the other stone creature is not Hex, whoever the guy is, she threatened to kill him. The Charmcaster I know (granted maybe not one who is drunk with power that she currently is who knows, she might not be herself with the Alpha Rune corruption) would never do that. Might back stab him, might laugh at his misforturne, but never cross the line of death, they are still family, their relationship is complicated and complex. That would not be in her character. If it is Darkstar, okay that is different. Alwaitya and Darkstar, talk about the two faces of people that has really wronged her.

Seriously no one spotted the GR reference right at the beginning of the episode?
    Last edited by zoombie; 04-02-2014 at 04:28 PM.

mrbean1500 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Seriously no one spotted the GR reference right at the beginning of the episode?
    The one about providence?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbean1500 View Post
    The one about providence?
    Yes that one.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345