Quantcast
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Y'know, being that this show WAS made from some of the same people from AT, I wouldn't be surprised if the storytelling is the exact same thing where we'll have a dash of episodes that actually tell a continuing story (usually a season finale/premiere), and the rest are just stand alone episodes. It's a good means of pleasing both sides as the creators can let other writers create episodes and the execs get a long-lasting show. Anybody can work on the actual 'sandwich' but the main crew will be the ones to provide the two slices of kick butt 'bread'. The problem is, when you're like me and enjoy a sense of serialization, you risk losing an audience when you tease them with plots and arcs in favor of random adventures. It's honestly because of THIS that I dropped SU early on, but still keep in touch with the news. In regards to what Dudley is saying, I'd say wait until the finale. If this show truly is AT's brother, then we should expect SOMETHING to happen in the season finale. It IS a coming-of-age story, so Steven has to somehow grow up mentally.
    "The Pen is your Sword, the Page is the Monster. Stories are the Blood that comes out."

GWOtaku is offline Wishing You Holiday Cheer!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm not sure this issue even gets to the heart of the show. Time and again we see Steven inadvertently causing problems through his inexperience and childishness, but it is also that nature and his ability to step up big time when it matters the most that ends up saving the day in the end. Often Steven needs to be carried, but he also gets ideas the Crystal Gems wouldn't think of and is making himself important to the harmony of the group. I think he does as well as any goofy kid his age could be expected to do.

But yeah, I imagine that in time he'll learn to do some stuff with his powers.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACEULLY Beating People Up
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GWOtaku View Post
    I'm not sure this issue even gets to the heart of the show. Time and again we see Steven inadvertently causing problems through his inexperience and childishness, but it is also that nature and his ability to step up big time when it matters the most that ends up saving the day in the end. Often Steven needs to be carried, but he also gets ideas the Crystal Gems wouldn't think of and is making himself important to the harmony of the group. I think he does as well as any goofy kid his age could be expected to do.

But yeah, I imagine that in time he'll learn to do some stuff with his powers.
    To be fair, THAT is what's keeping me from dropping this show like some people have - good development aside, I still like Uncle Grandpa way more (especially for knowing exactly what it wants to be; something I'm still convinced this show has completely established, which I know takes time for ANY show, so I may be acting too harsh here. Either way, Steven needs consistent development for me to really like/relate to him, which I don't really see a lot of so far, unfortunately... Hence why people HAVE dropped this show, from what I gather.).
    http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...er-d7z3tj2.png
    BEWARE PANDERING ALWAYS. It leads to fascism.

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12