Follow Us:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by The Huntsman View Post
    They filed a bunch of trademarks for "Over the Garden Wall" and "Smashkins". CN trademarks also cover [Adult Swim], but most of [Adult Swim]'s trademarks are pretty obvious. These two could be for Cartoon Network. The Animation Guild Blog mentioned two shows in development, so I guess I'd predict that at least one of these will be announced.
    Over the Garden Wall sounds like a follow-up to Dreamworks' Over the Hedge.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

Nexonius is offline Formerly John Dorian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    According to Nick Cross' LinkedIn account, Patrick McHale's Tomb of the Unknown is a miniseries, and Cross is the Art Director.

PapaGreg is offline Getting off from violence
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexonius View Post
    According to Nick Cross' LinkedIn account, Patrick McHale's Tomb of the Unknown is a miniseries, and Cross is the Art Director.

Do you know when it will be relased
    Getting off from violence circa 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    Do you know when it will be relased
    Nope, that's what the Upfronts are for.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has Cartoon Network ever funded a mini series like Tome of the Unknown before? The only short cartoon series CN has made before were canceled after 1 season (*cough*Robotomy*cough*). I can't wait to see what Tome of the Unknown turns out to be, but the sneak peak we got before already has me in anticipation. Color me excited if CN decides to start making more mini series in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, Turner Broadcasting's Upfronts are on May 14th, so this will more than likely include Cartoon Network, which is much later than usual.

Well, more of my predictions for the Upfronts:

- Something about Tome of the Unknown
    - New Warner Bros. Animation series not already announced
    - New Cartoon Network Studios series not already announced (Smashkins, Over the Garden Wall, though that could be Adult Swim)
    - DC Nation series
    - Acquistions
    - Online content
    - More pilots from Cartoon Network Studios

Lanmanna is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How would you guys feel about a reimagining of the CN classics annually? This year was PPG, next year could be Dexter, Johnny Bravo, etc.

ILDC is online now Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    How would you guys feel about a reimagining of the CN classics annually? This year was PPG, next year could be Dexter, Johnny Bravo, etc.
    Do they have anniversaries coming up?

Jazz1000 is offline The One and Only...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILDC View Post
    Do they have anniversaries coming up?
    EEnE, Mike Lu & Og and Courage Turns 15 this Year so anything is possible if cn announce them this year

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanmanna View Post
    After seeing the post-cancellation Dexters, the last season of Johnny Bravo and the PPG specials, I'd prefer they leave well enough alone from now on. Heck, PPG stopped being good before it ended. I really wish people would stop wishing for the past to be revived and instead look ahead to the future. Old Cartoon Network was lightning in a bottle; it's never coming back, and it can never be re-created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1000
    EEnE, Mike Lu & Og and Courage Turns 15 this Year so anything is possible if cn announce them this year
    All of those seem like a leap, especially Mike, Lu & Og. That show basically failed to attract an audience or a long-term fan following on CN, so it seems unlikely that anyone at CN would be keen on reviving it. Danny Antonnucci has moved on from Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy to pursue other projects, so any new Ed project would likely have to be done without his involvement, and I don't think anybody would want to see that.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 03-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, with Stu Snyder leaving at the end of the month:

DC Nation gets some respect, and new eps for Beware the Batman are finally ordered.
    Adult Swim @ 8 (ET) will be pro tempore.
    A decision is made to move the Hall of Game Awards to TNT in 2015.

Goldstar Neo is offline Dat's cold, bro!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbyfan
    A decision is made to move the Hall of Game Awards to TNT in 2015.
    That's a nice thought, but the downside is that TNT is no longer the general entertainment channel that it used to be. Originally, TNT aired cartoons, kid friendly movies and Muppet shows during the day, but now, it's all about adult drama. Unless TNT launches a kid vid block, I don't see this happening. TBS would seem a tad more likely to air the Hall of Game Awards than TNT, but they likewise don't air kids' shows anymore.
    The Twin Factor: The Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Opinions. Riffs. Geeks. Other stuff.

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One wonders what the ratings are for Hall of Game. IMPO, it was created as CN's answer to Nick's Kids' Choice Awards, but it's strictly lame-o.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The ratings were for Hall of Game 2014 were posted some time ago. It got 1.449 mil. Spiderman, Dragons, Teen Titans GO, and Uncle Grandpa beat it. CN Ratings Thread: Part 15

What's funny though, is that Nickelodeon is now making another awards show... KCA: Sports Edition. XD

Silverstar is offline Sub-Genius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think Turner is really that concerned with ratings when it comes to HoG; the whole thing is really more or less a PR stunt. HoG is a tie-in to the First Lady's 'Get Active' fight against children's obesity campaign, and a way for CN to show the parents at home that they're a caring company that's concerned about the kiddos at home. The show itself is more or less CN's equivalent to Nick's Worldwide Day of Play; basically dead air that they can run for 2 hours while looking good to the press, and plug some of their wares while they're at it.
    Got a minute? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog for crazy opinions on cartoons and geek culture. New name. New address. Same geekiness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I never thought of it that way before, Silverstar. You have a really valid point, considering the First Lady was a guest on the very first Hall of Game.

Spoiler:
    OT: Now I'm wondering if that makes Nick's sports awards show a second "world wide day of play".

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got more:
    - Mixles get a tv series spun off from the shorts
    - Cartoon Planet randomly ads more non-CN owned shows
    - Numb Chucks and any other upcoming Canadian acquirements get deadslotted
    - Squirrel Boy might randomly return in reruns, but deadslotted like it was in 2009
    - CN advertise the new Tom and Jerry show
    - Christmas With the Kranks, Deck the Halls, Disney's The Wild, The Country Bears, Elf, The Benchwarmers, Taxi, Baby Geniuses and/or Get Smart airs on The Flicks
    , , ,
    Don't mess with the Best

Light Lucario is online now Moderator
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since the upfront for this year has already been revealed, we don't really need a prediction thread anymore. I'll go ahead and close it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3