Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier

I hate to be that way, but I digress... With the way CN has been run as of recent, negativity is all I have, as it is. The way they treat action shows and other demographics fills me with no other feeling but that they're ultimately going to fail. Adult Swim gaining CN's crucial prime-time hour is my divine proof of this, besides those other points - what else am I supposed to feel about CN's decisions as of late, other than blind rage?

7 PM is NOT a good hour for prime-time, which is where all their new shows are expected to get hours from after March 31st. What other feelings can I have for how this channel is run as of late, other than disappointment, if not, once again, blind rage?

I just don't see things looking up with how things are run right now... No matter how many good shows are on right now - unless the ratings are there, they will get shafted - it's happened before.
    Dude, it's only a TV channel. Best to enjoy what they do have rather than get in a blind rage about them "destroying" it (especially when there's no evidence of them treating Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, or Steven Universe in any bad way; it'd be one thing if they were action shows given CN's recent patterns, but they're heavily promoted comedies that CN has shown no signs of suddenly canceling after less than a year).
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    Dude, it's only a TV channel. Best to enjoy what they do have rather than get in a blind rage about them "destroying" it (especially when there's no evidence of them treating Uncle Grandpa, Clarence, or Steven Universe in any bad way; it'd be one thing if they were action shows given CN's recent patterns, but they're heavily promoted comedies that CN has shown no signs of suddenly canceling after less than a year).
    ...OK. Because these new shows deserve and need to last a good long time. Nothing must get in the way of that, especially since the ratings are actually good for these shows!
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

HG Revolution is offline Truth (with crazy opinions!)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier

...OK. Because these new shows deserve and need to last a good long time. Nothing must get in the way of that, especially since the ratings are actually good for these shows!
    And there's no evidence of anything getting in the way. Steven Universe I know has a season 2 order, and CN's ridiculously in love with Uncle Grandpa, giving him the sign on/sign off bumps AND giving characters their own Friday block.

The CN execs aren't evil people who hate good. They have an action plan too reliant on sexist toy industry issues but they've been nothing but supportive of their big comedies.

Next time you post, try to look at the reality as opposed to blind rage.
    I'm a writer at a new Boston blog: http://the-lfb.com/author/rbaron/
    I also directed this short film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu2ruy_z9io

LDEJRuff is offline I'll be back...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope they'll announce a Complete 10th Anniversary DVD set for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends at the upfront.

Happy 15th, Family Guy

Checkerboard is offline THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    What I think is a given:

New Season of Adventure Time
    New Season of Regular Show
    New Season of Steven Universe
    New Season of Uncle Grandpa

What I'd like (on top of that):

New Info on Tom and Jerry
    New info on I Heart Tuesdays (or was is Thursdays?)
    New info on the upcoming changes at Boomerang
    New branding (CN 20th Anniversary style)

+

MORE ACTION! (real action, not another TTGO!)

EDIT: Oh... and PLEASE get rid of Johnny Test!
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 02-20-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Pogorikifan24 is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to take some wild guesses for this year's Upfront..

* Of course, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Steven Universe will be getting new seasons.. alongside with a few mentions like "The Amazing World of Gumball" returning with a third season, or Teen Titans Go with a second season.

* Another new LEGO series in the works, and of course to replace Ninjago: Rebooted once it's finished (knowing they could likely pull this).

* Sonic Boom, The Tom & Jerry Show, I Heart Tuesdays, and Clarence to get mentioned on the Upfront, and having their respective release for some shows.. while others are unknown.

* around 2-3 new Cartoon Network originals getting the greenlight or pitched, likely one show from a previous pilot to get a greenlight.

* Boomerang getting some announcements upon their upcoming original programming, and it's newest rebrand soon to take in around late March-early April.

ILDC is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    My prediction:

All of the following shows are cancelled due to NOT getting desired ratings - Steven Universe, Clarence, and Uncle Grandpa all come to mind...

Shows that do need to end, IMHO (Adventure Time and Regular Show - I like these shows, but sooner or later, they need to end accordingly.) - don't get satisfying endings either...

... And all of this happens because CN gave AS the crucial 8pm Hour for ratings needed to keep their prime time fare afloat and noteworthy to the viewer in question.

I also fear the merger between Comcast and TWC will mess things up, too for CN in general, seeing as this regime is attached to the Time Warner co.
    Time Warner Cable is no longer part of the Time Warner that owns CN. Just wanted to point that out.

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post

New info on I Heart Tuesdays (or was is Thursdays?)
    New info on the upcoming changes at Boomerang

+

MORE ACTION! (real action, not another TTGO!)
    It was I Heart Tuesdays, and considering we haven't seen nor heard hide nor hair about that show in literally years, I'm ready to write that show off as a never-will-be.

The action thing seems kind of iffy too; that's just not where CN's head is right now. (TTGO! isn't even a fake action cartoon, it's a straight-up comedy.) Unless said show is primarily toyetic, action cartoons don't stand a snowball's chance on the current CN. Why should any studio go through the trouble of producing a kick-ass action cartoon for Cartoon Network when CN would just treat it like the scum you scrape off of tomato soup: under-promote it, under-advertise it, deathslot it, give it no support or encores, then pull it from their schedule and eventually cancel it when it (surprise, surprise) fails to generate ratings? When a Batman series can't thrive on a kids' network, there's something seriously wrong with how that network operates.

I do hope we get some info on the Boomerang rebrand, though. I'd like to know exactly when it's set to happen because I want to see Boom officially change guards, as it were. Make a ceremonial occasion out of it.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 02-20-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

Pac-Attack is offline Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My predictions:

*Info on Sonic Boom, Clarence, and The Tom and Jerry Show

*Info on the new online stuff for CN.com

*Info on the rebrand for Boomerang

*Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa get renewed.

*Annoying Orange won't be mentioned since it's most likely cancelled.
    My signature has nothing to see here.

Megumi is offline ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The ShopSoldier View Post
    7 PM is NOT a good hour for prime-time, which is where all their new shows are expected to get hours from after March 31st.
    They'll probably adjust their expectations for those shows depending on when they air them.

Quote Originally Posted by HG Revolution View Post
    The CN execs aren't evil people who hate good.
    Are you sure? I remember them plotting the end of the United States a few weeks ago in their lair of evul.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast