Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The ShopSoldier is offline DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte View Post
    Y'know what i think it is...
    PB long ago said that Cinnamon Bun was "half-baked". I'm starting to think that was a literal statement. CB's time in the fire Kingdom has actually baked him fully to the point where he's actually competant now... I really have to double check th episode Cause I do think i recall seeing some kind of reaction when Cb was hit in the face with fire.

I give the writer's the benefit of the doubt as they always tend to think of the long run... I think this is building up to something. I mean not just this episode but also other episodes like with rattleballs where we see Finn trying to find ways to deal with his love issues... poorly. I would imagine getting shown up by CB might end up finally being the wake up call he needs.
    Nailed it, Monte - with both CB being awesome here, and Finn's unfortunately bad behavior as of late... This ain't Finn - this never was Finn, and he needs to stop before he becomes like Eliot Kid (my most hated cartoon ever!) and ruins an otherwise actually goof show for me like two certain stupids girls are for another I actually like... It stinks and this obsession with females needs to just go die in a fire like his chances with FP had in the first place.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

DeanBurrito25 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You know ya done goofed when Cinnamon Bun gets more accomplished than you...and finds time to steal your girl. Finn is slippin'.

Jake reeeeally doesn't like that cursed sword, huh?

SaneMan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have a new respect for Cinnamon Bun
    within one episode, he went from my least favorite supporting characters to one of my more favored ones
    I agree his time in the flame kingdom may have finally fixed his "half-baked" issue

I believe the writers are trying to tell us something. And this may very well be going one or two seasons back.
    Finn just is not mature enough to be able to handle any sort of serious relationship.
    That might have been the real point of "All the Little People" (rather than a parody of shippers)

Daikun is offline Long Live the Fighter!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After seeing this episode... I just didn't know what to say. Cinnamon Bun just suddenly becomes a competent badass out of the blue?

I'm still not sure if I buy the "half-baked" theory that this thread is adopting. Even after he supposedly stayed at the Fire Kingdom after the events of "Earth & Water," he was back at the Candy Kingdom in later episodes, and he was as dim-witted as before. (Go watch "Apple Wedding" again.) This feels like a sudden derailment of his character more than a natural progression.

GWOtaku is online now Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Let's remember Finn is a boy in his early teens. This interest in and awkwardness with girls is not necessarily so far off of the mark.....

Also, count me for one of those that thinks they're going somewhere with everything in the long run, between this kind of material and the cursed sword thing. But given time, I don't doubt Finn will get his butt-kicking mojo back.
    I would suggest that it's not the medium, but the quality of perception and expression, that determines the significance of art. But what would a cartoonist know? -Bill Watterson

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    There's a thing I just realized

They used to make a big deal out of PB being too old for Finn (back when everyone thought she was 18-19)

How old is Cinnamon Bun?
    Flame Princess is supposed to be the same age as Finn (which I think is 15 at this point)

ShadowBeast is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daikun View Post
    After seeing this episode... I just didn't know what to say. Cinnamon Bun just suddenly becomes a competent badass out of the blue? I'm still not sure if I buy the "half-baked" theory that this thread is adopting. Even after he supposedly stayed at the Fire Kingdom after the events of "Earth & Water," he was back at the Candy Kingdom in later episodes, and he was as dim-witted as before. (Go watch "Apple Wedding" again.) This feels like a sudden derailment of his character more than a natural progression.
    Yeah Cinnamon Bun was his usual self in Apple Wedding. It would've been nice if we had seen him progress in personality in other episodes before this one, otherwise like you said it's a derailment of his character. Another theory is that PB has been keeping him and possibly the other candy citizens dumbed down for controlling reasons, just look at her banana guards lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think the Banana guards are dumb due to being mass-produced
    not to mention, P.B. has shown multiple times that she's frustrated by their stupidity, and wants them to do better

plus, the average Candy citizen does not seem to be any dumber than anyone else in Ooo

kid rabbit is offline Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    overall after re watching some flame princess episodes her relationship ship with finn was a big influence on her becoming good in the first place
    her charter development was spread throughout the episodes
    regardless of how it ended Finn and FP's relationship was good for them
    they'll away be each others first loves

Monte is online now Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eh, i still like my Half-baked theory... namely Re-watching the episode, right before CB became fully competent and made his big speech, he was hit in the face with a ball of fire. Though i do agree it ould have been good to see something earlier rather than nothing with him changing over time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast