Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like This Thread!
    Snyder has to get how this infuriates the fans

hobbyfan is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One more reason to get Snyder outta there yesterday!

Projected AS prime time double-play block:

8-9: King of the Hill
    9-10: Bob's Burgers (ya forgot that one, didn't y'all?)
    10-11: Cleveland Show
    11-12: Family Guy

I'd stick American Dad at midnight.

Figure Da Boom will remain a mix of classic toons (preferably more of a 60/40 split) and recent CN series (i.e. shows Snyder doesn't give a rat's butt about), but programmed more sensibly. The double-play blocks on Da Boom leave too many shows in the vault that deserve the time.

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seriously? is he TRYING To ruin his network.

Sketch is offline not like those other old guys
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bob's Burgers and Cleveland don't have enough episodes for hour blocks and 10:30 is said to be used for original series at least some weeknights.

I see them going with an hour of KOTH, an hour of American Dad, Cleveland Show and an original series or Bob's Burgers and an hour of Family Guy from 8PM-12AM. But here's the clincher for people who like the AS originals, they will probably limit the TV-MA originals space to the Midnight hour and the 4AM hour. So original content will be at most 3 hours out of 10 while FOX reruns will be at least 7 hours out of 10. And of the 10 hours Adult Swim is on the air every weeknight 5.5 hours will be unique and the other 4.5 hours will be repeats of the same episodes that night unless they stop encoring so many of those shows.

Do you like making Fantasy Schedules? Come check out Elsewhere

Read ramblings from myself and other animation and comic enthusiasts on The Scratch Pad

brickrrb2 is offline Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or we could all just march over to Cartoon network HQ with picket signs

Silverstar is offline Delightfully Dotty
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickrrb2 View Post
    Or we could all just march over to Cartoon network HQ with picket signs
    Which wouldn't accomplish diddly-squat, since we're not CN's target demographic. The harsh truth is that if you're not a 6-14 year old boy, you're invisible to Stuart Snyder in regards to Cartoon Network. Anyone over 21 is considered Adult Swim's audience, not CN's.
    Like cartoons, comedy, riffs, wisecracks, funny video clips and humorous commentary on animation and geek culture? Check out The Twin Factor, the Star Twins' blog.

DeanBurrito25 is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As much as this news sucks, think of it this way. At least CN can directly compete with Nickelodeon now seeing as how they transition into N@N at the same time Adult Swim does now - except on Friday and Saturday, when Nick is given the extra hour. Between taking the 9PM slot and this, it does feel unnecessary that CN is getting shafted so much, but it's not like we can do much about it at this point.

That said, Bluenowait made a valid point: digital distribution is on the rise. As a twenty year old college student (and someone certainly outside of CN's demographic), I find myself catching up on new episodes of my favorite CN originals online on television. It's fast and convenient. CN made a brilliant move allowing live television to be streamed online, so that option is still there. Besides, creating content to be exclusively online does not make it inherently bad. Fred Seibert's "Cartoon Hangover" disproved that quality entertainment can be released on the web for the world to see, and they've surpasses a million subscribers on YouTube! (Mind you that most of their toons like Bravest Warriors/Bee & Puppycat are animated overseas.) As long as CN maintains that level of quality, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Shoot, even Adult Swim is getting in on the game! They started uploading new Rick and Morty episodes hours online after their premiere on YouTube for free before charging for them entirely. The business model is definitely changing, alright. Hopefully for the better and not the worse.

ChildHood90s is offline Loves his coffee
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is just... the weirdest kind of Network Decay. A slow-burning one that's been growing in size since 2001. I guess Toon Disney had a similarly weird kind of Network Decay... except Jetix took over Toon Disney MUCH faster than Adult Swim is taking over Cartoon Network.

Adult Swim's brand new "original" shows for the 8pm hour better be good, and not more of it's 12 oz. Mouse dribble. If we can get Rick and Morty quality shows (or better) in the 8pm slot, then THANK GOODNESS.

*cools down a bit* At least AS does utilize it's late-night hours for its barely animated "stoner comedies". Looking forward, being in Prime Time could mean we get some shows with genuine quality from Adult Swim. Unfortunately, some shows will probably (most likely) be Live-Action. I guess quality animation is more expensive than live-action is. Whatever. >:\

Rant:
    Spoiler:

Ugh. I just can't help but think that THIS is what gets announced shortly after Stuart Snyder's Live-Action train finally dies after hitting the proverbial wall (a dozen or so times).

So what? Cartoon Network doesn't become the hybrid live-action/cartoon network Stuart wanted it to become, so just emphasize the channel space for Adult Swim. Where the content isn't as restricted to, or clearly defined by, it's namesake. What a great solution the utter failure that was the "CN Real" movement.

Hilariously, if live-action isn't coming to Boomerang in the way it did to CN in 2009, Boomerang has a shot at become a real Cartoon Network... As long as Network Decay doesn't hit Boom after adding original animated programming.

The ShopSoldier is online now DISGRACED, yet CONFIDENT...
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChildHood90s View Post

Rant:
    Spoiler:

Ugh. I just can't help but think that THIS is what gets announced shortly after Stuart Snyder's Live-Action train finally dies after hitting the proverbial wall (a dozen or so times).

So what? Cartoon Network doesn't become the hybrid live-action/cartoon network Stuart wanted it to become, so just emphasize the channel space for Adult Swim. Where the content isn't as restricted to, or clearly defined by, it's namesake. What a great solution the utter failure that was the "CN Real" movement.

Hilariously, if live-action isn't coming to Boomerang in the way it did to CN in 2009, Boomerang has a shot at become a real Cartoon Network... As long as Network Decay doesn't hit Boom after adding original animated programming.
    Spoiler:
    You nailed it with that rant there - this whole thing just reeks of Snyder's revenge against his bad bad business decisions and worse ideas royally failing.

This sums it up perfectly.
    Tropes that are ruining Western/European Animation (and any animes involving school):
    Spoiler:
    1. Twins and/or Rich Kids as antagonists; Bullies in general. 2. Annoying jerk sibling characters and/or General sibling characters who hate each others' guts. 3. Hidden Caucasian male dominance (usually subverted to be female in anime, which can be equally as bad – and a real turnoff in general!).

ABrown is offline Father of twins
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LegoFan224 View Post
    This is stupid. On Mountain time, the shows will be airing from 4PM - 6PM and kids get out of school at 3PM probably get home between that and 4PM, then they have to do homework, so they'll miss Adventure Time and probably Regular Show too, so that's one part of the country CN will not be getting their ratings from.
    Is that the way it works with cable channels? I know that with the major networks: CBS, NBC, etc., the west coast gets their shows pushed back. For instance, in 1998 "ER" did an episode that was LITERALLY aired live. The west coast got its own live airing, so the exact same episode had two different productions. Anyway, getting back on track. At 8:00 Eastern time, is the west coast seeing the exact same programming? That would mean that Adult Swim would be starting at 5:00 on the west coast. That is WAY too early.